View Full Version : Wayne Correctional

babyd'smom
10-14-2010, 06:37 PM
does anyone have any info on Wayne correctional? My son was transfered there today for the DART program and he wasn't court ordered for this. How are the visis,the guards,the canteen(he loves to eat). Will he go back to Brown Creek when he finishes this program? Can he drop out of the program? He also heard that they are kicked out of the dorms every morning at 6:30 and not allowed back in them. What hours can they use the phones? He said itslike 50 inmates in his dorm. Help me with any info please.:mad:

10-14-2010, 10:32 PM
does anyone have any info on Wayne correctional? My son was transfered there today for the DART program and he wasn't court ordered for this. How are the visis,the guards,the canteen(he loves to eat). Will he go back to Brown Creek when he finishes this program? Can he drop out of the program? He also heard that they are kicked out of the dorms every morning at 6:30 and not allowed back in them. What hours can they use the phones? He said itslike 50 inmates in his dorm. Help me with any info please.:mad:
I guess I'm the best one to answer your questions - at least from an officer point of view.
DART, or as it is now called AND (A New Direction), does not have to be court ordered. During processing his test scores may indicate this program may be useful to him or anyone along the line, processing staff, case manager can recommend him for the program.
He can request to be removed from the program after completing the orientation phase - then it is up to the Director of the program.
I think the officers are pretty good but I may be a bit bias on that part.
Visits - while he is in the DART dorms - ALL his visits will be on Saturday, all visits must be scheduled at least 2 days in advance and up to 2 weeks in advance - see the Wayne CC website for more information.
http://www.doc.state.nc.us/dop/prisons/wayne.htm

The DART dorms, open bay dorms, have 52 Inmates to a dorm - yes, everyone leaves the dorm daily after returning from breakfast (8am) for cleaning - most of the Inmates will be in session during that time or most of the time have access to the Rec Bldg. 6am is rise time and after that is breakfast.
He will be here for about 90 days and normally return back to the facility he came from unless it was a processing facility - then it would be up to the big computer in Raleigh where he goes next.

The phones are open after the dorms have been cleaned and the Inmates allowed back in until about 8:30pm.

There are 2 canteens mostly hygiene stuff but still lots of food and snacks.

babyd'smom
10-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Thank you 2021. I knew you could help. His fiance heard from him today and he is a little negative. He was use to Brown Creek and sometimes a change is hard. I hope he will give it achanc, I believe the program is a good one. What do you mean by open bay dorms? what kind of recreations do they have there? I am curious with the whole correctional system. Maybe I should be a correctional officer.

WillsGirl17
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Wayne is pretty good. My fiance is getting moved either tomorrow or Tuesday from there. He worked with the DART program. I think he will be ok there :o)

c_rae
02-09-2011, 06:24 PM
My love just got transferred to Wayne from Polk..

02-09-2011, 10:17 PM
My love just got transferred to Wayne from Polk..

Any questions?
What would you like to know about Wayne?