View Full Version : FI-2? - What does it mean?

alilbitcountry
10-13-2010, 06:03 AM
can someone please tell me what an f1-2 means? thanks!

Renee
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
can someone please tell me what an f1-2 means? thanks!

Here is what I have. I hope this helps!

An inmate doesnt get an FI status until he has already been reviewed AND APPROVED by the parole board. FI stands for "further investigation" which means the inmate is still under investigation even though he has made parole. The parole board will re-review the file to make sure he has not caught any new cases, etc. before he gets released on parole.

FI-1 means that the only delay in his release will be the normal TDC bureaucracy delays in processing him out. He doesn't have a "no sooner than date" to wait for or any classes or programs to wait to get into or complete.

Current parole vote types are:

(A) FI-1--Release the offender when eligible;

(B) FI-2 (Month/Year)--Release on a specified future date;

(C) FI-3 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than three months from specified date. Such TDCJ program may include either CHANGES/Lifeskills, Voyager, Segovia Pre-Release Center (Segovia PRC), or any other approved tier program;

(D) FI-4 (Month/Year)--Transfer to a Pre-Parole Transfer facility prior to presumptive parole date set by a board panel and release to parole supervision on presumptive parole date;

(E) FI-4R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than four months from specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be either the Sex Offender Education Program (SOEP) or the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP);

(F) FI-5 Transfer to In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program. Release to aftercare component only after completion of IPTC program;

(G) FI-6 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and no earlier than six months from specified date. Such TDCJ program may include the Pre-Release Therapeutic Community (PRTC), Pre-Release Substance Abuse Program (PRSAP), or In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program (IPTC), or any other approved tier program;

(H) FI-7 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than seven months from the specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be the Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative (SVORI);

(I) FI-18 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation treatment program. Release to parole only after program completion and no earlier than 18 months from specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be either the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP), or the InnerChange Freedom Initiative (IFI).

GOOD LUCK!

alilbitcountry
10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
thanks for replying to my question renee. now i understand a lil bit better :)

babygurl92
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
my husband has an FI-2 release date no earlier then nov 1st 2010 does this mean he comes home tonight? im sorry i dont understand the FI- Terms:confused??????

Renee
11-01-2010, 11:06 PM
my husband has an FI-2 release date no earlier then nov 1st 2010 does this mean he comes home tonight? im sorry i dont understand the FI- Terms:confused??????

An FI-2 for Nov. 2010 means that they will start the release process today. He will be home before November is over (probably)!!

I would start calling the phone numbers below for updates! They all seem to have the same info at the same time, though!

The Austin Parole Hotline is 512-406-5202 and/or 512-936-6351.

The Huntsville Parole line is 936-291-2106.

The release desk in Huntsville is 936-437-5529.

You can also check TDCJs Offender Search (http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm) to see what they say too!

Good luck, and feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

babygurl92
11-01-2010, 11:13 PM
thank u so much

Mona4568
11-08-2010, 08:25 PM
My husband was granted parole on an FI-2 as well, after serving 19 years. I'm just as confused. We have a release date of no earlier than march 1st.