View Full Version : Pre-release for sex offender parole

cuterules
10-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi - My son has been granted parole, and we are just starting the pre-release phase of this. I thought the release date that shows on the NDOC inmate information site was accurate, but I was told today by the Lovelock facility that the date is "just a date" and that he could be released 3 to 6 months after that date. Does anyone have any information about how long this process usually takes? He is in the Lovelock facility. Thank you!

Mrs.Official05
10-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Hi:) Welcome to PTO!
My man was granted parole (robbery). He was denied at his PED and granted MPR, his hearing was on Aug 11 and his MPR date in the computer is Oct 14.. he will be released on that day. (they held his hearing a couple months early)
We found out he was approved 2 weeks later after his parole hearing. Once I got the word he was approved I called pre-release unit and asked what's the next process. They transferred me to the person who was handling his case and I just kept in touch with her. Once his parole plan is approved and that person sends the paperwork he should be good to get out. It took at 2 more weeks to get everything ready.
They try to do the parole hearings 2-3 months early to give time to meet their PED or MPR date.
His PED date has to be met before he is released.

I wouldn't talk to Lovelock about your son's release, they shouldn't be giving any information because Pre-Release unit are the ones that handle everything from there.
As long as you keep in touch with the person handling his release then everything should be pretty quick. (775) 682-2000

cuterules
10-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi:) Welcome to PTO!
My man was granted parole (robbery). He was denied at his PED and granted MPR, his hearing was on Aug 11 and his MPR date in the computer is Oct 14.. he will be released on that day. (they held his hearing a couple months early)
We found out he was approved 2 weeks later after his parole hearing. Once I got the word he was approved I called pre-release unit and asked what's the next process. They transferred me to the person who was handling his case and I just kept in touch with her. Once his parole plan is approved and that person sends the paperwork he should be good to get out. It took at 2 more weeks to get everything ready.
They try to do the parole hearings 2-3 months early to give time to meet their PED or MPR date.
His PED date has to be met before he is released.

I wouldn't talk to Lovelock about your son's release, they shouldn't be giving any information because Pre-Release unit are the ones that handle everything from there.
As long as you keep in touch with the person handling his release then everything should be pretty quick. (775) 682-2000

Hi, and thank you so much for your reply! I will take your advice and only deal with the pre-release unit. I has not yet been assigned, but they did tell me I could call back every week until it has been and they will put me in touch with the person handling his case. Congratulations on your man's release! He will be home in time for all the holidays this year. What a blessing! My son's date is listed as just before Christmas, and we are praying that he will be home in time to celebrate. Again, thank you so much for your encouragement!