View Full Version : NCCI/Gardner

tay_johnson
10-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Can anyone give me any information about NCCI/GARDNER? It doesn't have to be much, just whatever you know about it or if you have someone currently there. Thank you.

ShelbyK
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't have any recent information, but it used to be one of the better facilities in that there were large outdoor areas, a garden that inmates could use to grow various veggies, a fairly good music program, and the climate of the facility was more laid back than at some others. On the down side, many of the units are dorm-style. There are very few single cells. It was originally converted from an old state mental hospital and the buildings and infrastructure are decaying. The water went off or became undrinkable from time to time. In the winter, it was a rough environment because inmates have to go outside to get to the chow hall, and the weather in gardner is typically very cold with lots of snow and wind. As I recall, the visits were okay. My brother-in-law is currently at ncci-gardner, and I have heard from him that things have gone down hill over the years, but overall, I think it's not too bad. If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer or find an answer for you. Hope this helps.

afehnh
12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
how are the visits at ncci gardner

EDMI
08-22-2012, 11:26 PM
My babe is housed there he will be paroled in about 2 months yes mwi three years ago! I have been there a few times its actually a beautiful area. If it wasnt a prison I would build a cabin on that land. ALot of woods and trees very nice. I was in the waiting room for a short time everything is very old looking but my man is housed in that locust building its more like a house. Its easy to find right off the hwy its just a long drive up those moutains and there isnt much to do in that area. Cell service isnt too great either. I have been told by my guy and he is pretty ruff himself when he cleans the grounds he is happy he is not on the otherside of the fence he said it looks pretty ruff. On the inside the yard is full of prisoners. But the area itself is pretty nice