View Full Version : What exactly does Jail Backlog mean?

24jf
10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
This morning I received an e-mail via VineLink notifying me that our friend was released from custody at the Washington County Jail. I went to the DOC website and his status there has been updated from parole to jail backlog. So what exactly does this mean?? Is he sitting at county waiting to go to DRDC?? Am I safe to send a letter off to him today at county??

He told me he had his hearing on the 27th and was headed back for a 180 days for missing a parole visit and UA. His girlfriend tells me there are new charges (assualt charges).. if there were new charges would he be released this quickly to DOC??

Just trying to understand how all this works but hoping like hell I never need to worry about it with my honey.

dayzbreak
10-07-2010, 09:40 AM
This morning I received an e-mail via VineLink notifying me that our friend was released from custody at the Washington County Jail. I went to the DOC website and his status there has been updated from parole to jail backlog. So what exactly does this mean?? Is he sitting at county waiting to go to DRDC?? Am I safe to send a letter off to him today at county??

He told me he had his hearing on the 27th and was headed back for a 180 days for missing a parole visit and UA. His girlfriend tells me there are new charges (assualt charges).. if there were new charges would he be released this quickly to DOC??

Just trying to understand how all this works but hoping like hell I never need to worry about it with my honey.

in my experience that is exactly what jail backlogged meant. my <3 was in DOC's system sitting at county waiting to be transferred to DRDC and he was isted as jail backlog. it was a little over a week before he was moved. i don't know about sending mail though.. you never know when he'll be moved and county didn't forward any that i sent.. and i didn't get it back. i sent it anyway. good luck..

seansbabyluv
10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Sounds like they revoked his parole. They may have been misdemeanor assault charges and they're running it concurrent with his revocation. Felony assault would be taking longer I would think. What does his release date look like? If there's no new conviction on there, then it's misdemeanor assault or they dropped the charges.