View Full Version : Interstate Compact

angel mathews
09-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Someone needs your help parole help 123 :thumbsup:

My son is presently incarcerated in Texas and does not have family there. I read that MA does not have interstate contract. Is this true? He cannot transfer parole to Texas?

parole_help_123
09-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Ummmm, I have had parolees from Texas on my caseload before. As far as I know, if he is on parole in Texas, he can transfer to Mass. He cannot transfer as an inmate though--just as a parolee.

gods mercy
09-19-2010, 01:41 AM
i was interstate compact to arizona from texas..

rain1980
09-19-2010, 08:48 AM

how did it go

rain1980
09-19-2010, 08:57 AM

how did it go??? was it discretionary or mandatory??

gods mercy
09-19-2010, 12:37 PM
how did it go

it went well, i was to report once a month to dallas by paper and i had a probation officer here in arizona.

rain1980
09-19-2010, 05:15 PM
it went well, i was to report once a month to dallas by paper and i had a probation officer here in arizona.

no i mean was it mandatory or discretionary , how long did it take from the day u signed the form from the sending state till the day u got accepted by the receiving state? did u have a job in the receiving state before u moved??
did u have family in the receiving state?

faithanne
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi,
MY guy is being detained in MA for a parole violation (but with no charges). The first detainer was for 60 days, now today the second 15 day detainer expired. The detainer was to give Rhode Island a chance to come and get him since that's where his original sentence is being served. He transfered his parole to MA in February. My question is, Rhode Island has not come to get him in the 75 days. They have til midnight tonight. If they don't come, MA has to let him out tomorrow, what happens to the detention warrant in Rhode Island? He has heard nothing from them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You