View Full Version : Can a parolee be around another felon who isn't on parole?

naye
09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I just found out that my sister in law is a felon and she is living at the same house my husband put for his release in parole, does anyone know if this will affect him?
Can a felon and a parolee live in the same roof??
If it's not possible for them to live together, where can i find this information in writing?? I have to show it to my sister in law in order for her to believe me that she has to move, I don't want to get my hubby to get his parole denied... :(
Thank you so much!:confused:

gods mercy
09-04-2010, 03:22 PM
no noone who is on porole is allowed to be with someone with a felony.. but to make sure ask.....

Renee
09-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I just found out that my sister in law is a felon and she is living at the same house my husband put for his release in parole, does anyone know if this will affect him?
Can a felon and a parolee live in the same roof??
Thank you so much!:confused:

I think your best bet is to contact the parole supervisor in your area. I would hate for your hub to be denied because of this. If your sister in law is no longer on parole, it may be okay, but by law, two parolees should not be in contact with each other. Good luck!

marksgirl0907
09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
If Im not mistaken, no two felons are supposed to be around each other.

DaMeS_GiRl88
09-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Two felons can't be around each other that's a violations of their parole. Call the parole officer and tell him/her to explain it to her

deeintx
09-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Wait a minute...she if off parole... so this felony is in her past..paid in full. (?)
With (I think its)1 in 10 men having a felony conviction...How can you possible avoid being around an ex-con somewhere at sometime?..heck if they don't tell you.. how are you to know and in the job market with few hiring felons i'm sure your bound to work with one... that is a limited area...so I am very interested in the outcome of this..
I understand having to avoid others on parole since they are still serving out their time...which again I'm sure if difficult at times...ok what is the answer to this question? I will be searching myself ;) peeked my curiosity.

Paralegal USA
09-05-2010, 09:44 AM
The answer is state-specific. For example, general conditions of parole in some states expressly prohibit a parolee from fraternizing with anyone who has previously been convicted of a crime, while other states' conditions permit association with others having a criminal record, as long as that person is not then engaging in criminal activity.

Firebrand
09-05-2010, 05:41 PM
I've never heard of anyone going back to prison on a parole violation or being handed a new charge relating to "associating with another felon". I stay in halfway house in South Dallas and I've been associating with about 8 guys going on a year now so, go figure. If we live togther, go to church together, and in some cases work together for the same companies then how is it the parole division is aware of it yet, doesn't prohibit any of the activities we do?

walkonwater
09-06-2010, 05:18 AM
We were told recently by a parole officer that the specifications read that a parolee may not associate with "disreprutable" felons. That gives the parole officer the say in whom you can hang out with. As with all other situations.... check with those involved in managing your specific case.

naye
09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
THank you so much for all of your answers, as far as I know, it's going to be up to his parole officer to let him stay at the same house or not.

naye
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Wait a minute...she if off parole... so this felony is in her past..paid in full. (?)
With (I think its)1 in 10 men having a felony conviction...How can you possible avoid being around an ex-con somewhere at sometime?..heck if they don't tell you.. how are you to know and in the job market with few hiring felons i'm sure your bound to work with one... that is a limited area...so I am very interested in the outcome of this..
I understand having to avoid others on parole since they are still serving out their time...which again I'm sure if difficult at times...ok what is the answer to this question? I will be searching myself ;) peeked my curiosity.

In this case, the question is about two felons living in the same house, one on parole, the other one off any type of paper, what they told me is that in some cases they can make exceptions for family, but not always since it is a condition in their parole not to live with another felon. Also they said is going to be up to his PO to say if it's ok or not, I researched the internet and TDCJ and I couldn't find anything specific, but to be safe, my sister in law, who happens to be the other felon, will move out of the house.

deeintx
09-07-2010, 03:13 PM
naye, you are correct... I haven't been able to find anything in writing that states "NO". I think it is in their parole papers simply to cover everyone and try and keep a newly released inmate on the right track giving them a written guide of who to stay away from. I think this is a case by case situation that need to be addressed asap so not to cause a violation. Best if possible that she does move out. However, if she is family the association part will still be there. Let us know the outcome..
Thanks,deeintx

britecloud
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM
just from my experience, they told michael he couldnt put his mama's address down as an alternate because her boyfriend is a felon. and boyfriend cant get approval from his po to visit him or come down with his mama to see us when he comes home.

tina69rock
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
no noone who is on porole is allowed to be with someone with a felony.. but to make sure ask..... not true my aunt get out of prison and have felony case and i can live with her