View Full Version : Im on my way to Ohio from Texas

babeinohio
03-07-2004, 06:08 PM
:p Hi just wanted to know how the weather is up there? I'm wondering about snow is there any still any the ground? My kids want to see snow. Where we live we have no snow. I'm so exiceted I can't wait to see my husband.

pantherpaws
03-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Northern Ohio is getting sleet as we are here in Michigan.Hold on for a week and it will be 50 degrees again.I think the enviornment is getting weirder every year.Anyone notice this?

Holly6005
03-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Had a little rain today in cincinnati,(southwestern Ohio) Besides that....NO SNOW.....Sorry.....Holly

melanie
03-07-2004, 08:21 PM
We are startiing to get rain where I am at close to mansfield ohio. It was raining here today on and off but it just started to snow. none on the ground yet. Hope that you kids get to see snow. at least for a few minutes. Hope you have a safe trip! what area are you going to be going to in ohio, if you don't mind me asking?
pantherpaws~ I do agree about it changing so much!
melanie

tekela
03-08-2004, 02:34 AM
I had lite snow flurries about 11pm and they have been calling for a litle snow it was warm here last week at 43 today. I was near columnus for the snow flurries.

tekela
03-08-2004, 02:35 AM
I had lite snow flurries about 11pm and they have been calling for a litle snow it was warm here last week at 43 today. I was near columbus for the snow flurries.

babeinohio
03-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys. Im going to Marion (MCI) to see my husband. Ill be in Ohio the week of the 22nd thru the 26th. I was wondering also about this shootings in Columbus I have to go through there. Im alittle concern

melanie
03-08-2004, 08:51 AM
I am sorry that I do not know alot about all of the shootings. I do not think that they have had any for a few weeks. I hope that they catch the guy before you have to go through there. Hope you have a safe trip, and a great visit!
melanie

Raebear
03-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Just stay off 270, use 70 & 71, and I'll be praying for your safety.

1nonlyTeRe
03-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Woohoo Babeinohio.. I'm going to Ohio too.. but on the 19th -23rd.. spring break huh.. I bet you are excited.. I know I am!!!

babeinohio
03-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks again but I do have to take that loop around Columbus to get to Marion. I hope that they do catch that guy Besides that's the only way I know how to get my self there. Im praying myself and thanks for the info.

ButterflyDancer
03-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Suggestions...
Go to www.weather.com and put in your destination zip code or city to get the projected weather forecast before you leave. If you know the names of some key towns along the way you can check their weather, too. I've done this where I live because of traveling through the mountains at times.

About Columbus...I'd stay off 270 period.
You can go to Mapquest,
www.mapquest.com
and be route yourself from your departure point all the way through. You can also pull up maps on that site so you can see the alternative routes.

Even the state patrol there should be willing to help you out. You should be able to do a search on line and find the 800 number for the patrol and some have a special road conditions/warnings etc.

If you belong to AAA or know someone who is they should also be able to set you up with an alternate route. Or even out of courtesy the AAA office should be willing to tell you how to get around Columbus off 270.

Wishing you a great and safe trip up the pike.
WJ

babeinohio
03-17-2004, 08:10 PM
thanks for the info I did the mapquest already and today they caught that crazy guy THANK GOD !!!

chili4now
03-18-2004, 06:11 PM
the sniper has been captured in vegas!!

Have a safe trip!!!!:)

ohiogirl
04-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey Babeinohio! Just wanted to know how the visit went?

babeinohio
04-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Well my visit went very good. My kids got to see snow and they were very excited!

melanie
04-12-2004, 06:02 PM
I am glad to hear that you had a good visit. I am also glad that your kids got to see snow. That is great to hear!
melanie :)