View Full Version : What time served in state and TDC means

lashorty63
08-21-2010, 03:44 PM
My husband got 2 years state and 2 years TDC running c/c in Tx . How much time will he serve all together does anyone know.:(

RobinsMan
08-21-2010, 04:25 PM
If "state" is a state jail sentence then he will do all two years and, unless he happens to have a lot more back time on the state jail sentence than the TDC sentence, the TDC sentence will be eaten up in the process.

lashorty63
08-21-2010, 05:03 PM
They sent him to TDC first .The time they give him was 2 years TDC running c/c with 2 years state. Can I get help with this

MoMo
08-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Well then he will have to parole out of the Two years tdc then do the rest of the time state jail. All in all Robinsman is write... Unless he has been given some county time he could spend 2 years...

lashorty63
08-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Well then he will have to parole out of the Two years tdc then do the rest of the time state jail. All in all Robinsman is write... Unless he has been given some county time he could spend 2 years...
He did get county time before they moved him. TDC told him that he has almost 8 months served so does that mean if he leaves now to state will he have 16 months left?

MoMo
08-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes if they gave him time (day for day) in county that is exactly what it means... But remember he has to parole out of the TDC sentence. State jail is day for day.(no parole). But TDC is...

So if he paroles out of tdc they should send him to a state jail(if he isn't already at one) to finish what is left of the two years.

lashorty63
08-21-2010, 10:37 PM
So if his time started 5-5-10 when will he get out . 5-4-12 or will he get time served from TDC and get out before the 2 years.

lashorty63
08-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi I am da when it come to this. Can someone please tell me will my husband spend the whole 2 years in state prison or will the TDC time give him less time since it's running c/c. Since he is in TDCJ 1st. Please I'm just so confused, Both of us are. This is just so new to us it's his 1st time in prison.Were trying to appeal this charge. We have not been away from each other for 30 years this year. Were just so sad and the family is falling apart without him.

addictsmom
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Lashorty, He might get paroled from TDC early as TDC does give good time. But, when he gets paroled from TDC, they will immediantly send him to State prison. State prison is day for day. NO good time. Therefore, your husband will not be released until 5-4-2012. Good time does no good for State prison. Now the 8 months he spent in county will count. So, take the day he was arrested and add 24 months to it. This should be his complete release date. On a 2 year TDC sentence, chances are once he spends approx 10 months (including the 8 served in county) he should be released from TDC and sent to the State facility. Hope this makes sense.

Diane