View Full Version : GSYCF- Visitation Q&A

*Johnny's Angel*
06-03-2004, 04:58 PM
I need info on GYCF My boyfriend got transfered there and i havent heard from him yet. Is it possible his visiting list will be good to go saturday if he put me on today? I don't want the info on the NJ doc website, i want info from people who have loved ones in there. What is it like in there. When do they usually get htere pin, how is visiting there, stuff like that. I know what time visiting is but i want to know what u can wear and bring in with you.

egs
06-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Visiting lists usually take 1 week to clear--and they won't tell you if his list is cleared over the phone [this is true at all the NJ prisons]especially not on a Saturday when they are in the middle of processing all the incoming visitors. Your boyfriend will get written notification when his visiting list has been processed--but plan on at least 1 week. Dress conservative--jeans and teeshirt [nothing sleeveless]--no holes in jeans. Make sure the teeshirt is not see-thru in any way, shape or form. Carry extra clothes in your car just in case. Wear nothing revealing ever such as skirts above the knee, slits in skirts or dresses, etc.... Basically the only thing you can bring into a visit is tokens for machine food/drink and a locker key [if they provide lockers--most of the prisons do]. You get the tokens in the lobby area [bring $1 and/or $5 dollar bills]--you can put the tokens/locker key into a see-thru bag [like a ziploc or baggie]. Don't know if either of you smoke but places that have outside visiting typically will let visitors bring in a sealed pack of cigarettes--I'm not sure if GSCF has outside visiting, or not. Your boyfriend can get info from the other guys and let you know before your first visit. But like I said, bring in nothing else. Now if you are bringing in a baby, they will allow a few other items [diaper, clear juice in a clear bottle].
Remember you are dealing with a prison system--efficiency and "customer service" is not their priority so don't expect it. This will help you deal w/much of what you see and/or deal with "behind the walls."!!! Sometimes the more you push up the slower they will move--and remember, they do have general control of everything!!!

*Johnny's Angel*
06-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks Egs what im gonan do first. Is visit with nothing, just my keys $1 and my ID in a pair of jeans and a teeshirt. Then ill see from there what everyone else is doing. What did u mean by food/drink???? I never visited at a prisin before. Maybe i wont even have to visit him there and hell be sent to talbot hall right away.

JAM29
06-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Thanks Egs what im gonan do first. Is visit with nothing, just my keys $1 and my ID in a pair of jeans and a teeshirt. Then ill see from there what everyone else is doing. What did u mean by food/drink???? I never visited at a prisin before. Maybe i wont even have to visit him there and hell be sent to talbot hall right away.

HI,
what she means is basically your vending machines. you can call to find out what you can wear and bring in. the visiting might chance, his routine, wear different issued clothing/footwear, and etc. you might also have to go through a search and he might also. some places put restraints on the inmate to visit which varies or before each/after do a strip search. visitation can be behind glass, video, or conjugal one meaning you can have contact but very strict. you can also pm me.

egs
06-04-2004, 07:42 PM
In NJ you do go thru a metal detector and they can conduct a pat-search [I'm only aware that Trenton does this type of search]. No NJ prison can request you to strip search without a warrent and then it must be done by the local police. There are times when they will have the dogs and a drug scanner [called "Ionscan"]-this team rotates thru-out the state prisons.
Don't think he will get to Talbot that quickly--halfway house beds are in high demand and there are lots of guys who have done lots more time who will bump your boyfriend down the list. Remember, now that your boyfriend is in the "system", time has a whole different concept--he [and you too] are now working on "prison time" and that can move as quickly or slowly as the system cares it to. There is no incentive for moving quickly and/or efficiently so don't look for it or you will be banging your head against the wall on a daily basis.

*Johnny's Angel*
06-04-2004, 09:26 PM
when i spoke to the administrator at CRAF he told me he was only moved the GYCF cause of the what happened their. That everything is still under investigation. I asked if this would mess up when he goes to Talbot Hall and he said no. He was not classified to go to a prison. He's their to be housed. Thats what Bruce.. whatever his last name had told me. Im not sure but my man had to be removed from CRAF because of one of the CO's their. But your right i wont get my hopes up

JAM29
06-04-2004, 09:51 PM
when i spoke to the administrator at CRAF he told me he was only moved the GYCF cause of the what happened their. That everything is still under investigation. I asked if this would mess up when he goes to Talbot Hall and he said no. He was not classified to go to a prison. He's their to be housed. Thats what Bruce.. whatever his last name had told me. Im not sure but my man had to be removed from CRAF because of one of the CO's their. But your right i wont get my hopes up

DANIELLE,
i did find information for you regarding visits and what you can bring where he is now. you can still pm me.

jblovesdb
07-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Ok...does anyone know any info at all on the TC program at GYCF?? How long will it take for Dave to get visits? Is there a blackout period? I know that he is in the NRU-1 building/area...what is that?? Also, any info on GYCF would be greatly appreciated.:) Any info on what they can get...money, stamps, etc. Anything that anyone knows I would like to here!!! Even if you think it is unimportant...I'd still like to hear it. I am the type of person that likes to know as much as I can. I am waiting for Dave to write me back...so he will probably give me some info...but he never answers all the questions I have. He isn't too good at doing that:D
Also...if anyone could copy the info from the NJDOC website on visits and stuff would be very helpful. My computer won't let me read it b/c I don't have that one program thingy.
Well...Dave said in his 1 PAGE letter that his bunkie is really cool. His bunkies got a t.v and a radio, so he is straight. IDK if there is air there...I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Dave has been to programs before and he said this one isn't that hard at all. They have Morning Meetings and house Meetings and all that good stuff. I hated those things when I was in a TC program. YUCK!!!!:blah: But he said he will be fine, he knows he can make it threw this...he just has to stay focus. He is very happy b/c he can smoke ciggarrettes. Those lovely Buglers and Rollies....yummy:rolleyes: But he's chillin'!!!!
Ok....any info AT ALL....I would love to know. Thank you all. Also whenever I find out anything I will write it so hopefully it will be useful for future use of anyone. Hugs:p
-Jackie

*Johnny's Angel*
07-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Garden State Youth Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 11401
Yardville, New Jersey 08620
Burlington County
609-298-6300
Acting Administrator: Steven Sootkoos
Population as of May 31, 2003: 1,778

Visit Procedures - GYCF

Rules and regulations for visiting an offender are as follows:

1. The offender is responsible for submitting a list containing names and addresses of potential visitors.

2. If you wish to be included on an offender's visit list, you must contact the offender in

writing. You must wait until the offender notifies you that you have been approved to visit him/her.

3. The following persons may be approved to visit an offender:

- relatives;

- close friends;

- clergy; and

- persons who may have a constructive influence.

- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit unless accompanied by an adult.

4. Attorney visits require at least 24-hour advance notice to ensure the availability of space, staff, and the offender.

5. Visiting and registration times for this facility are:

REGISTRATION VISITS

Saturday, Sunday 8:15 - 9:15 AM 9:30 - 11:00 AM

Saturday, Sunday 12:30 - 1:30 PM 1:45 - 3:15 PM

[Inmates are permitted one visit per week on either Satuday or Sunday, during the morning or afternoon session. All visitors must register during one of the above listed registration periods in order to be admitted to the subsequent visit period.]

6. Visitors must present photo identification. Acceptable forms of photo identification include:

- a current photo driver's license;

- a current photo Welfare/Medicaid card;

- an employment photo ID; or

- a current passport.

7. Space permitting, the maximum number of permissible visitors for an offender of this facility is 4 adults and 5 children per session. All visitors must register and enter the visit area as a group. Additional visitors will not be processed and/or admitted. All visitors must remain in the visit area for the duration of the visit period.

8. Visitors may only bring a money order or certified check to the facility for deposit in an offender’s account. Cash and other gifts will not be accepted.

9. In accordance with NJAC 10A:18-6.14, all visitors, their belongings, and their vehicles are subject to searches while on the premises.

10. Further visit information is posted at the facility. Complete policies and procedures may be obtained through an Open Public Records Request. On-line request may be submitted through the following web link:

http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/opra/html/opramain.html

Driving Directions
Directions

FROM ALL POINTS NEW YORK CITY/NORTH JERSEY:
Leave Manhattan either by way of the George Washington Bridge or the Lincoln Tunnel.Follow signs to the New Jersey Turnpike. Remain on the NJ Turnpike until you reachExit 7A. After the toll booth take Route 195 West. Remain on Route 195 West for two ( 2) miles until you reach the Bordentown Exit. Take Route 130 South. Drive south on Route 130 for 3 ½ miles until you reach the second stop light. Stay left and turn onto Groveville Road. About ½ mile down, you will come to the intersection of Hogback Road. Make a right onto Hogback Road. and drive about a ¼ mile until you come to the next intersection at Highbridge Rd. The Garden State Correctional Institution is on the left. Make a left into the driveway and park the vehicle.

FROM ALL POINTS TRENTON/ PHILADELPHIA/ SOUTH JERSEY
BY WAY OF ROUTE 206 THROUGH TRENTON:
White Horse Traffic Circle on Route 206 South. At this point you are three (3) miles from the BORDENTOWN U-TURN that you will take. Follow Route 206 South to fifth traffic light (Crosswicks St. & Rte. 206) (Note! Routes 206 & 130 flow together at this intersection and divide again shortly thereafter.) Make U-TURN onto Routes 206 & 130 North. After about a quarter of a mile, Route 206 will fork to the left towards Trenton. Keep straight on Route 130 for another 1/2 mile or so until you come to Highbridge Road. Take a right onto Highbridge Road and proceed for ½ mile to the stop sign. The Garden State Youth Correctional Facility is straight ahead. Park in the institutional parking lot.

BY WAY OF ROUTE 29 AND ROUTE 129:
Follow Route 29 to Cass Street. Remain on Cass Street for ¼ mile to Route 129. Take a right at the light and continue on Route 129. Follow signs to Shore Points. Route 129 becomes Route 295. Get off at the first exit for Bordentown. This exit will bring you to Route 206 South. Follow the directions above #2 & #3.

FROM PHILADELPHIA:
Take the Ben Franklin Bridge to New Jersey and remain on Route 30. You can either exit onto Route 130 North or proceed farther by way of Route 38 & Route 70 to the New Jersey Turnpike. Follow the signs.

FROM THE SOUTH BY WAY OF ROUTE 130:
Proceed North on Route 130 to Bordentown. When you come to the Junction where Routes 206 & 130 flow into each other, you are about one mile from Highbridge Rd. Take a right at Highbridge Rd. and continue to the Stop Sign. Proceed up the driveway of the Facility and park your car in the Visitors' Area.

BY WAY OF THE NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE:
Get off at Exit #7 at the Bordentown Interchange. You are three (3) miles from Highbridge Rd. Follow Route 206 North to the Junction at Crosswicks Rd. & Route 206. This is where Route 130 and 206 come together. In less than ½ mile, Route 206 will fork to the left toward Trenton. Remain on Route 130 straight ahead for another half mile and prepare to make a right hand turn onto Highbridge Road. Look for the large green sign with the name of Garden State Youth Correctional Facility.

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Thank you Danielle....I love you!!!!!!:) I can't get that stuff on my computer. You are awesome!!!!! Now all I need to know is if I can visit...and when!! But thats for Dave to tell me. THANKS AGAIN!!!!! Hugs:p
-Jackie

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Man I can't get that thing on that link either!!! My computer need the Abcrot or whatever its called on it!!!! Well, thanks again. Love ya. Hugs:p
-Jackie

*Johnny's Angel*
07-08-2004, 01:18 PM
HERES A FREE DOWNLOAD http://www.adobe.com/special/acrobat/acrobatonline/bus.html

ITS ONLY A TRIAL, USUALLY IT COMES WITH YOUR COMPUTER THOUGH. AND IM NOT SURE IF YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS, YOU SHOULD REALLY TELL YOUR UNCLE TO GET IT THEN

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Well, I did find out that the TC program takes off 9 days a month!!!! That is great!!!! I was soo happy to hear that. That's over a week a month!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how it gets calculated..I wish I did....I don't know if its off his max or how to do it. If anyone knows, I would love to hear it. If anyone can figure it out...its 9 days off a month-His max is May 21, 2006 and he went into the program July 1, 2004!!! Love to hear what you figure out. Hugs:p
-Jackie

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 01:58 PM
I am trying to download it...I will see in 36 minutes if it worked!!! Thanks Danielle!!!! It probably will say I need the administrator to do it...but no harm in trying!!! Love ya. Hugs:p
-Jackie

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Yup...I couldn't do it!!! It gets all the way to the end and it says now install it, so I did...and it then says, you have unsignificant privaleges to do so, it is going to be terminated now!!!! YUCK!!! Thank you anyway Danielle. Hugs:p
-Jackie

*Johnny's Angel*
07-08-2004, 05:05 PM
No problem.. Why cant u get under the admistrator name? tell ur uncle to take off the restrictions for u at least! i guess it dont matter anymore anyway since ur leavin!!!

*Johnny's Angel*
07-08-2004, 05:07 PM
sounds like he can come home around sept of next year.. then again im not sure how i got that month LOL

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 05:10 PM
I know the way I figured out I got around Oct of next year!!! That made me soo happy, but I don't want to get my hopes up...b/c I am most likely wrong!!! But WOW Oct. would be great....a hell of a lot better than May 2006!!! God, I hope soo....I miss him soo bad!!! Hugs:p
-Jackie

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Ok, Dave was trying to explain it to me tonight...yea I am still completely lost. He said that it doesn't start off with 9 days...it changes. At first it's only a few days then it goes up. He's got to go to classifications and they give him his max date with everything off!!! I am confussed, I will wait till he tells me to figure it out!!! It is confussing b/c he got 60 days taken off his comp. time b/c of the escape stuff...but after a year of no charges in prison he will get 45 days back on his comp. time or some stuff!!! IDK, I am blonde and all this stuff confusses the crap outta me!!! You need to be a mathematican to figure this out!!!! I'll keep you all updated!! Hugs:p
-Jackie

jblovesdb
07-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Yipee!!! I might be able to visit him before I leave!!! He went to the orientation thing today...and he's got to fill out the form tonight and hand it in tomorrow. The guy that was running said he will probably be able to get a visit by next weekend. I will keep my fingers crossed!!! How will I get all the way to Yardville...IDK, I'll work on that one!!! He is gonna tell me the times and stuff for the NRU builing...b/c they might be different then the regular GYCF building. I'll keep you all posted!!
The TC program is in a seperate builing NRU and there are 2 sides to it. The NRU is refered to as the "Never Return Unit" b/c they hope that once you go through the program you will change your ways. Dave said the side he is on is alot looser than the other side. The other side is more serious. They have Morning Meeting in the morning (Duh!!) and a House Meeting at the end of the day. They have encounter group where they can express there feelings about other inmates...the can basically yell at each other, but the other person just has to listen and take it...they can't get up and start bugging out and fighting. If you have been in a TC you know what I am talking about...it is a basic TC type program, same type of rules and little sayings, philosophy, jobs, all that good stuff. The orientation peroid the inmates go threw is 90 days. Then after those 90 days they can get jobs like secretary, expeditors, coordinators etc. If any of you have ever been in a TC or know anyone that has...you know what I am talking about. They are little jobs that you do...to make sure the program is running right. I can't explain them. Also they have h.s classes at GYCF and you can take college courses. There are only a limited amount of spaces in the college classes....Dave is trying to take the business course. In the Youth Correctional Facilities if you are under 21 and don't have proof that you completed h.s you have to go to school. Well that is all know as of yet...I will inform you all will more stuff once I figure it all out. Hugs:p
-Jackie

*Johnny's Angel*
07-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Sounds good to me! Its a good thing things re a lot smoother in there for him. I hope u get to visit him!!! Yardsvile isnt to far from my house!! if he hands in that paper can u visit ont eh weekend.. BRB ill post in a minute.. i gotta run to the store!!!

jblovesdb
07-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Yea things are going smoothly so far!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that they continue to go that way. I have faith in Dave!!! I can't visit this weekend...but hopefully the list will be cleared by next weekend!!! He was suppose to be putting it in today...I hope he remembered!!!! I will be sooo excited, esp. b/c I'm leaving that Mon. I hope he just keeps doing what he's been doing. Hugs:p
-Jackie

*Johnny's Angel*
07-09-2004, 06:45 PM
sorry if that was rude before.. but my mom was leavin wiht out me and i had to get a new outfit for tomorrow LOL anyway keep us posted on what happens.. even thp i dont know why i say that cause its not like u arent anyway!!

jblovesdb
07-09-2004, 08:38 PM
LOL...why did you ask if you were being rude??? You weren't being rude, you never are!!! Unless you attend to be...hahaha:) You got a new outfit..nice!!! Have fun tomorrow!!!! You know darn well I will keep you guys posted...I always do!!!:D Well Dave said tonight that he banged out with some kid earlier!!! I was soo mad, but he didn't get in trouble...Thank God!!! IDK...some kid was joking around with him snd slapped his butt:hmm: and Dave said something to him about how he wasn't in the mood to play around. Then the kid started running his mouth and Dave told him to meet him in his room. Dave wasn't expecting him to actually come in...but he did!!! The banged out and wrestled around and then peiced it up!!! Guys are soo dumb!!!! But besides that he says it's beat around there....it's real easy but real boring. And Dave put in his visit list thing, so I HOPE it gets cleared...and I can get a ride!!!!!!!!!!
As for the NRU building it has central air!!!! :thumbsup: That is nice!! Dave said they made a couple of cells in that building lock down cells b/c alot of stuff has been happening in Yardville lately. IDK today there was a fight in the big yard and the other week there was a riot (not a big one). I know that the "hole" in Yardville is actually upstairs. It doesn't have air!! And it is right above the kitchen. SO the hole is basically a kitchen!!!! Thats all I know about the place itself!!!

Justinsinnocent
10-04-2004, 05:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any information on Yardville besides an address and phone number. Has anyone had a lovedone stay there? How did they like it, what kind of rules do they have, visting days & procedures, etc. ? Thanks!:D

*Johnny's Angel*
10-04-2004, 08:21 PM
There are a lot of posts on Yardville in the NJ prison Profiles. Its under GYCF (Garden State Youth Correctional Facility)

jblovesdb
10-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Yea....Dave is there!! He was in the NRU building (the TC program) now he is in the R building. He is medium costudy. In the R building there are 3 sections...2 of them have single cells and one you have a bunkie. Dave doesn't have a bunkie. If you are under 21 and don't have a HS diploma...you have to go to school. Otherwise you can work or take college courses (there aren't many open spots for classes and they fill up quick!). IDK about any other programs/classes. The NRU building has air conditioning (not that it matters now), but the rest doesn't. It takes like a week for them to get their pin numbers activated for phone calls. When your man gets there he can fill out a visit form and that takes 1-3 weeks to clear. That's all I can think of for right now.
Yes...there is alot of info in the Profile: Garden State Youth Correctional Facility thread. It's about visits and the procedures at visits! I wrote the procedures ater my first visit!!! If you have any questions...I will try to answer them. Either post them or PM me. Hugs:p
-Jackie

Visiting Days are Sat. and Sun.

jblovesdb
10-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Ok....here is the links to some of the threads about Yardville (GYCF)

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=775881#post775881 (this one is the profile about GYCF and the visit info!)

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67786 (this one is mainly about the NRU building...but has alot of basic info!)

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63652 (more info on visits!)

Also...another bit of useless info I know about GYCF...well, the main lock down cells (the Hole) are actually above the kitchen. So in the summer there is NO air conditioning...plus the heat from the weather!! You can only imagine what it has to smell like in there all year long...esp. in the summer!!! I hope all this info helps you a little!! Hugs:p
-Jackie

jblovesdb
12-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Well ladies and gents...I just wanted to let you all know that there are not visits on Sat. Dec 25 or Sat. Jan 1!!!!! Is it like this at all prisons in NJ??? I know that at GYCF there aren't any...and this really sucks:blah: I can't have my baby home...and now I can't even see him on X-Mas!! BAH-HUMBUG!!!!! That means all the people that usually visit on Sat. those weeks will be there on Sun...so get there EARLY!!!! They told us that they WILL be denying visits when the visiting hall is filled. Just thought I'd let you all know just in case you visit your man at GYCF!!! Are the other prisons doing the same...or I am the only "lucky" one that doesn't get to see her man on X-Mas here in NJ?? Hope you all are doing good....MERRY X-MAS!!! (BAH-HUMBUG:blah: ) Hugs:p
-Jackie

mlle_keiko
12-12-2004, 07:32 PM
yup yup, no visits on Christmas Day or New Years Day at SWSP either. At SWSP, they do have 3 visit halls and when one fills up they do open the others. I'm usually one of the first 10 who get into the visit hall, so no problem there. Of course I'm out there on line between 7 and 7:15 waiting for the doors to open up at 8am...LOL...oh well...HUGS...Keiko

ohhh I did notice that in June, that Tony's birthday is a sunday...YEAH...so we'll get to visit him on his birthday! SO that's cooool!!

jblovesdb
12-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Aww...I am happy to hear that you get to see him on his b-day!!! I got to see Dave on his...and he was very happy!!! I guess NJ doesn't want us to see our men on those special type of days...but atleast we can still see them on Sun!! Yea...I am usually one of the first 50 people there...but not as crazy as you...LOL!!! Today there were ALOT of people there...and I don't even wanna know what those weekends will be like!!! GYCF only has 2 visiting halls...and the one upstairs in bigger...but I am downstairs. I will be da*ned if I miss that visit!! Hope you have a great visit Keiko!! Hugs:p
-Jackie

egs
12-12-2004, 08:42 PM
No visits at any of the State prisons on any NJ State Holidays-that rule was created about 5 or 6 years ago to cut down on CO overtime [that is what they told us anyway]; it was done the same time as when the entire system made drastic changes in visiting days, hours, etc...
I think those prisons that have window visits for gen pop can have a window visit on a holiday --but that could have changed, too!!!

MrsPhil
12-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I am not sure about GP but ad/seg at Rahway has window visits even on the holidays that the other places don't. I was told that is because different people are scheduled for visits on different days and those are 7 days a week. So in order to be fair and not have some miss their visit that week they have them on the holidays also.

suzzeq
02-14-2005, 08:11 PM
hello...my name is susan...my dearest and best friend's son was just transfered to ..Garden State Youth and Correctional Facility in new jersey...she doesn't have a computer nor does she know how to use one...she is sick and beside herself with worry...and i'm trying to do everything i can to help her...in looking up directions to GSYCF i found this wonderful site...i am veryy excited that i might be able to finally get her some info that might help her thru this all....if anyone that has a loved one at GSYCF...could you please give any info that you know about it....rules and regulations...visting..what it's like there.. etc..etc..i would VERY much appreciate it... thank you all so much.. susan

cae
05-17-2005, 06:27 PM
To send mail to garden state you need inmates number, correctional facility address and do you also need a building name or number? My son just got transferred there so haven t received phone call yet but its his 21st birthday and i would like to send him a card

jblovesdb
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
No sweetie...you don't NEED the building number. Sometimes I write it...sometimes I don't...it all gets there!!! My man tells me to write it...b/c it gets to him quicker...but lately NOTHING gets to him quickly!!!! Hugs:p
-Jackie
I sent you a PM

robin_n_jim
06-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Visit Procedures - GYCF

Rules and regulations for visiting an offender are as follows:

1. The offender is responsible for submitting a list containing names and addresses of

potential visitors.

2. If you wish to be included on an offender's visit list, you must contact the offender in

writing. You must wait until the offender notifies you that you have been approved to

visit him/her.

3. The following persons may be approved to visit an offender:

- relatives;

- close friends;

- clergy; and

- persons who may have a constructive influence.

- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit unless accompanied by an

adult.

4. Attorney visits require at least 24-hour advance notice to ensure the availability of

space, staff, and the offender.

5. Visiting and registration times for this facility are:

REGISTRATION VISITS

Saturday, Sunday 8:15 - 9:15 AM 9:30 - 11:00 AM

Saturday, Sunday 12:30 - 1:30 PM 1:45 - 3:15 PM

[Inmates are permitted one visit per week on either Satuday or Sunday, during the

morning or afternoon session. All visitors must register during one of the above listed

registration periods in order to be admitted to the subsequent visit period.

6. Visitors must present photo identification. Acceptable forms of photo identification

include:

- a current photo driver's license;

- a current photo Welfare/Medicaid card;

- an employment photo ID; or

- a current passport.

7. Space permitting, the maximum number of permissible visitors for an offender of this

facility is 4 adults and 5 children per session. All visitors must register and enter the

visit area as a group. Additional visitors will not be processed and/or admitted. All

visitors must remain in the visit area for the duration of the visit period.

8. Visitors may only bring a money order or certified check to the facility for deposit in

an offender’s account. Cash and other gifts will not be accepted.

9. In accordance with NJAC 10A:18-6.14, all visitors, their belongings, and their

vehicles are subject to searches while on the premises.

10. Further visit information is posted at the facility. Complete policies and procedures

may be obtained through an Open Public Records Request. On-line request may be

submitted through the following web link:

http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/opra/html/opramain.html

robin_n_jim
06-12-2005, 10:00 AM

Driving Directions

Directions

FROM ALL POINTS NEW YORK CITY/NORTH JERSEY:

Leave Manhattan either by way of the George Washington Bridge or the Lincoln Tunnel.

Follow signs to the New Jersey Turnpike. Remain on the NJ Turnpike until you reach

Exit 7A. After the toll booth take Route 195 West. Remain on Route 195 West for two ( 2

) miles until you reach the Bordentown Exit. Take Route 130 South. Drive south on

Route 130 for 3 ½ miles until you reach the second stop light. Stay left and turn onto

Groveville Road. About ½ mile down, you will come to the intersection of Hogback

Road. Make a right onto Hogback Road. and drive about a ¼ mile until you come to the

next intersection at Highbridge Rd. The Garden State Correctional Institution is on the

left. Make a left into the driveway and park the vehicle.

FROM ALL POINTS TRENTON/ PHILADELPHIA/ SOUTH JERSEY

BY WAY OF ROUTE 206 THROUGH TRENTON:

White Horse Traffic Circle on Route 206 South. At this point you are three (3) miles

from the BORDENTOWN U-TURN that you will take. Follow Route 206 South to fifth

traffic light (Crosswicks St. & Rte. 206) (Note! Routes 206 & 130 flow together at this

intersection and divide again shortly thereafter.) Make U-TURN onto Routes 206 & 130

North. After about a quarter of a mile, Route 206 will fork to the left towards Trenton.

Keep straight on Route 130 for another 1/2 mile or so until you come to Highbridge

Road. Take a right onto Highbridge Road and proceed for ½ mile to the stop sign. The

Garden State Youth Correctional Facility is straight ahead. Park in the institutional

parking lot.

BY WAY OF ROUTE 29 AND ROUTE 129:

Follow Route 29 to Cass Street. Remain on Cass Street for ¼ mile to Route 129. Take a

right at the light and continue on Route 129. Follow signs to Shore Points. Route 129

becomes Route 295. Get off at the first exit for Bordentown. This exit will bring you to

Route 206 South. Follow the directions above #2 & #3.

FROM PHILADELPHIA:

Take the Ben Franklin Bridge to New Jersey and remain on Route 30. You can either exit

onto Route 130 North or proceed farther by way of Route 38 & Route 70 to the New

Jersey Turnpike. Follow the signs.

FROM THE SOUTH BY WAY OF ROUTE 130:

Proceed North on Route 130 to Bordentown. When you come to the Junction where

Routes 206 & 130 flow into each other, you are about one mile from Highbridge Rd.

Take a right at Highbridge Rd. and continue to the Stop Sign. Proceed up the driveway of

the Facility and park your car in the Visitors' Area.

BY WAY OF THE NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE:

Get off at Exit #7 at the Bordentown Interchange. You are three (3) miles from

Highbridge Rd. Follow Route 206 North to the Junction at Crosswicks Rd. & Route 206.

This is where Route 130 and 206 come together. In less than ½ mile, Route 206 will fork

to the left toward Trenton. Remain on Route 130 straight ahead for another half mile and

prepare to make a right hand turn onto Highbridge Road. Look for the large green sign

with the name of Garden State Youth Correctional Facility.

jblovesdb
06-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I think I might have put this in the wrong one...but I wasn't sure so here I go anyway:)

Well...starting NEXT weekend...there will NO longer be tokens used at Yardville. They are installing a debit card like machine....where you feed the machine the money you want to put on the card...and it credits the card that amount. This is being used INSTEAD of tokens...they will NOT be acceptable at Yardville anymore. BUT if you have any extra tokens left over...you can bring them NEXT weekend and the people who are installing these new machines will take your tokens and your address...then mail you a debit card with that amount on it.

I am not exactly sure if this will work out to well or if any of the other prisons are doing this...but it can't be any worse than the tokens!!! IDK about any of you...but when I go on Sun. afternoon...there is usually NO tokens!!!! I haven't been able to get tokens for the last month!!!! Today they happened to just run out in the morning visit :mad: So...this can't be any worse. It should be interesting seeing how they work and all...or IF they work the way they are suppose to!

Now if they only would FILL up the vending machines and make sure they are WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B/C what good is the cards...if the machines NEVER work!!! Ok...I just wanted to let you all know that. Happy visiting!!:D Hugs:p
-Jackie

shortyncute
06-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Thats crazy..but that might work out a little better until the machine fills up with money. U know? Im so glad I dont have to go though that sh**

marriola482
06-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Hehe, I was just about to post this, Jackie! That really sucks that there are no tokens for you on Sundays. I always usually go on Saturdays so most of the time there's enough tokens and snacks for everyone.

Daledu
06-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Bayside already has the debit card system up and running for about two months .
It is much better then the tokens. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to have a $5 bill in order to get the card. They charge you $2 for the card and give you a $3 credit. Make sure you don't lose the card or else you will have to buy another one. But I still think a card is much better then carrying around all the tokens.

Dale

jblovesdb
06-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Yea I NEVER get token b/c there are NONE by the time I get there!! So they charge a $2 fee just for the card??? That stinks! I usually only bring like $2 a week...b/c we only get a soda each. I think I'll bring some more money this week and TRY not to lose that stinkin' card:) I hope it works out better....now again, if they will only keep the snack machine/soda machines filled up!! Hugs:p
-Jackie

MrsPhil
06-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Is that $2 fe a one time thing and you just keep refilling the same card?

Daledu
06-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Is that $2 fe a one time thing and you just keep refilling the same card?
The $2 is a one time thing. You just keep refilling the same card. If you lose the card you have to pay another $2 to buy anther card. I think it is very uncool that they are trying to make money off of the family's. But like I said before I think anything is better then the tokens

Dale

MrsPhil
06-14-2005, 03:06 PM
I hope Rahway does this card thing. Tokens are a pain!

Daledu
06-14-2005, 05:20 PM
I bet all the prisons will be changing over to the card soon.

marriola482
06-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey, if anyone wants to know, you should bring a $5 bill with you the first time you get the card. They DO NOT accept anything else the first time you get the debit card. I was out of luck today when I went to go visit Joe so I didn't get to buy it. I'll have to remember next week.

jblovesdb
06-18-2005, 02:41 PM
They only accept $5 bills?!? Then I guess that $10 bill I got saved in my car (so I won't forget it tomorrow lol) isn't gonna work!! Can you only put in $5?? Or could you put in a couple of $5 bills?? They don't accept singles either?? Man...that stinks! Melissa...after the first time...can you use other bills...or still $5? Sorry about all the questions...just curious b/c I gotta go there tomorrow and don't wanna get it wrong lol. Hugs:p
-Jackie

Rebecca1989
02-02-2008, 09:19 PM
My husband was just shipped to GSYCF. Does anyone know the procedures there? And what has to be done before I can visit? And what hours/days you can visit someone there? Are they contact visits? And if so do I really have to be strip searched? I'm sorry for all the questions, I am still new to this.

bean123
02-02-2008, 10:45 PM
thats where my fiance is.

he has to submit a visitation list. it usually takes about a week to go thru.

you are allowed to visit once a weekend. the visits are saturdays and sundays. registration for the early visit is 8:15-9:15. the visit is 9:30-11. the later visits registration is 12:15-1:15 and the visit is from 1:45-3:15.

i would recommend visiting on saturday because 1-it's less crowded and 2-they don't restock the vending machines between visit days so by sunday theres not much there.

you have to buy a debit card for 5 dollars if you plan on using the vending machines. the machine only takes a 5$ bill to buy it...then you can add money by 1, 5, 10, 20 dollar bills.

the dress code is pretty standard but lenient. no hooded sweatshirts, no camo/tan/khaki clothing, no pull overs or dressing in layers (sometimes they give you problems about wearing a longsleeved shirt under a short sleeved one), dont wear any "bad influence" stuff (like wearing a budweiser or playboy bunny shirt or soemthing like that), cleavage should be at minimal, shirts should cover some of your bottom, no open toe shoes, no gang colors. if a guy visits with you, like if he has a brother...tell im not to wear baggy stuff and to tuck in his shirt. if you wear excessive jewelry be prepared to take it off for the metal detector. sometimes underwire in your bra makes it go off too.

you can't bring anything in the visit with you except a locker key, your ID, and the debit card. lockers cost a quarter but theyre sh*tty and like to eat your change so i'd suggest bringing a few quarters with you. lol.

hm what else...they make your wait outside on line before registration starts but its worth it because the line gets long pretty fast. i usually get there around 12 and wait in the car until 12:15ish because they normally dont let people in until 12:30 for some reason.

you can drop off money orders at visits.

i dont think you have a child, you never mentioned it, but if so they have to be on the visit list too and you can bring a diaper, some wipes and a bottle in with the baby...no blankies unless theyre approved by staff. they have to be small.

i dont think i left anything out...but if you have more specific questions about something feel free to PM me! =)

Rebecca1989
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Ok, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get to GSYCF through public transit? I think I can take the riverline to Bordentown, but after that I don't know how to get to the station to GSYCF. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

jblovesdb
02-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh...I just wanted to add...he's only allowed ONE visit a weekend. That means, if he has family/friends that also want to see him...you have to ALL go at the same time. I think he's allowed up to 5 visitors (I think adults, I don't THINK kids count). And get there EARLY. If your going to go to the afternoon visit...registration starts at 12:15...so get there at 11:45 the latest. Otherwise your gonna be at the END of the line...and when your at the end, IF they decide to cut the amount of people there gonna let in (b/c of overcrowding)...you might not make it in. Hugs:p
-Jackie

Rebecca1989
02-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Ok, I found out today that the closest NJ transit will get me is 2 miles from the prison.

bean123
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
i know they have joint connection vans that go to yardville

mrschris
02-22-2008, 06:22 AM
they have vans that go to yardville. you have to go to newark penn station to catch the vans, and be there by 10 am.

sOsa'sWifey!!
11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
do u no were i can catch the van

jasonzwifey2011
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
See above. LOL You catch it at Newark's Penn Station. You can call the joint connection - there is a thread around here w/ the number on it to call. it goes around to all the NJ prisons...

candikiss715
02-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I have some questions regarding GSYCF. were still waiting for his visitng list to be approved but, we have a 7 mo. old daughter, i read somewhere id have to ring her birth certificate w/me? is this true? im gonna be driving about an hr away, just curious as to the visitng procedure. is it much different from county? do i have to get there in between the registration hours, in order to see him?are the lockers small like county, what would you recommend i bring in with me as far as the baby? can strollers come in? in county you had to leave it downstairs unattended. is it like that there too? im just really anxious to see anthony, we havent seen him since like mid. jan. and his daugter is gettin so big. so i hope it gets approved by this weekend so we can go see him. also is it true visitng day depends on last name? i think it is but just wanna amke sure.any help would be great, thank you very much

ForMyBoy
02-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi,
I never bought a baby so I'm not too sure of that one but I do know that yes you must bring the baby's birth certificate and there are no strollers, infant/car seats allowed. There is a thread here with more details about what you can bring for the baby. Search in box at the top either Garden State, Yardville, or GSCYF.

As far as registation times, yes you must register ahead of time and wait. There is link under Prison Profiles that will tell the exact times depending on when you want to go. Yes, there are lockers, make sure you bring a quarter for that. Everything has to go in there. Make sure you bring your picture ID.
And bring cash as in paper money as you have to buy a debit type card first then you load it with cash to use at the vending machines. When my son was there the debit card cost, I believe $1.00. Then you have to put money on it.
Brief hugs and kisses at the beginning and end of visits. No touching while visiting or the CO get nervous.
Don't wear anything short,see-thru or low-cut, long shirts are best, nothing tan, khaki, beige, skin-tight, no shirts with anything on them relating to gangs, drugs, or offensive to them. No flip-flops. No underwire bras(they'll set off the metal detector) Be conservative.
If you bring him a money order for commasiary, it must be filled out completely with his name, SBI# (SWSP also requires inmate#) and from must have full name and address of giver including zip code. No PO Box addresses accepted (new rule)

When my son was there the visiting days were based on the last name due to construction, I don't know if it's still going on. I would call the prison and double-check before going.

Hope you're approved soon. I'm sure he can't wait to see you and the baby.

DzBaby
02-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi welcome to PTO :) my boyfriend is also at GSYC, unfortunately i havent visited him yet because he hasnt written me since mid-january:cry: however i dont think the visiting days are based on last names. sorry i dont know much more than that. I'll probably be seeing you in the visiting room once day :)

candikiss715
02-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Yaaayy!! i just got the call, visiting has been approved i can go see Anthony tomorrow. im going kinda nuts tho. im trying to put the address in the GPS and you cant use Po Box's, i found out its on highbridge rd. does it have an actualy number?? i also checked on mapquest and the set of directions i have from gps & mapquest are really different. not sure which one to take. im comming from toms river/seaside heights. that area. does any1 know an easier way there? or a way? im affaid i might get lost. thank you

ForMyBoy
02-06-2009, 06:17 PM
We came from central Jersey. But did you check under prison profiles. There's a link there that will take you to the home page of the prison with driving directions.

Enjoy your vist!

DzBaby
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
you suck :blah: i wanna visit :cry: but the highbridge road is correct. If you turn onto it from robinson road(i think thats what its called) then it should be on your right. If you turn from Hogback road its on your left. go to njdoc.gov and on your right you'll see a listing of all the prisons. click on GYSCF and itll give you directions and all that good stuff

bean123
02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
its at the intersection of hogback and highbridge...its impossible to miss.

jasonzwifey2011
02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Awww visits!!! YAY so glad to hear you have visits approved and yeah like everyone else said, you can check NJDOC page and get driving directions from all areas of Jersey.

Good luck and enjoy your visits!!

*~Meri~*

trosa
08-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Do you get to visit once a week or every other week. Some posts say one thing and another says different. Anyone know about Garden State? Thanks, Tina

bean123
08-30-2009, 11:38 PM
he can have one visit a week. i believe he can have 3 people at a time...it might be 4 though.

there are 4 visit sessions throughout the weekend. all visitors must go to the same session and register all together at the same time.

ForMyBoy
08-31-2009, 06:07 AM
When my son was there, the max at the visit was 4. Everything else Bean said was the way it was.

MrsDubose
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Do you get to visit once a week or every other week. Some posts say one thing and another says different. Anyone know about Garden State? Thanks, Tina

He can have up to 4 adults and 5children. Everything else is the same as Bean said. Everyone must register today and go to the same session. Sucks but we only get one visit per week :(

markmywordz
06-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Does anybody know if they are allowed take pictures during visits at gsycf, i kno they do in bordentown, but what about yardville?

bean123
06-24-2010, 08:45 PM
they do not do pictures at visit in yardville.

Al'swife2012
06-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes. you can take pictures! but they are no allow to have them! you have to take the pictures with you when you leave!

bean123
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM
since when do they do pics at visit in yardville? they didnt when mine was there in 2007-2008. he had visits in the upstairs visit hall. back then they used to let inmates buy photo cards and they would do some thing called "project photo" every month and the inmate would be allowed to take pics by himself to send home.

Al'swife2012
06-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Well i dont know when they stated it! My hubby got moved there back in Feb of this year and we have taken pictures together. they cant keep the picture though. So things have changed since you been there. I think they also still have the project photo you were talking about.

bean123
06-25-2010, 07:43 PM
thats stupid that he cant keep them...when he was in bordentown he was allowed to keep them even tho they were polaroids. in yardville they do regular pics that have to get developed so you have to wait a week or two til the roll is done before u get your pics...it sucks.

philipswife
06-26-2010, 07:19 AM
since when do they do pics at visit in yardville? they didnt when mine was there in 2007-2008. he had visits in the upstairs visit hall. back then they used to let inmates buy photo cards and they would do some thing called "project photo" every month and the inmate would be allowed to take pics by himself to send home.
Hey gina and everyone else, it's Andrea aka Mrs Phil. Had to change my info because PTO messed up my info and I couldn't log in. This happened a few years ago also. At Rahway they take regular pictures also but they take so long to come back because SID reviews all of them before they are given to the guys.

bean123
06-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey gina and everyone else, it's Andrea aka Mrs Phil. Had to change my info because PTO messed up my info and I couldn't log in. This happened a few years ago also. At Rahway they take regular pictures also but they take so long to come back because SID reviews all of them before they are given to the guys.

hey andrea :). it took like 3 weeks for them to get pics back to us last time! it was frustrating. the FMU is very small...so it took a long time for them to finish off that roll of film.

markmywordz
06-27-2010, 10:23 AM
I heard dat couldnt take them there too, its glad to know that they can, even if i gtta keep the picture, its better than havin nothing at all

markmywordz
06-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Well i dont know when they stated it! My hubby got moved there back in Feb of this year and we have taken pictures together. they cant keep the picture though. So things have changed since you been there. I think they also still have the project photo you were talking about.

HEY GURL! r yall allowed to take dem every visit or yall have to take dem like once a month

Al'swife2012
06-27-2010, 03:35 PM
To be honest I dont know. That is a good question, I never really thought about it or paid attention to how we took them.

markmywordz
06-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Lol i'll ask him even though he acts a little special at timez and acts like he dont kno anything

Toms Girl
07-06-2010, 01:46 PM
My boyfriend has yet to be moved to GSYF in Yardville. however I'm trying to prepare myself for going to have contact visits with him. Where the heck do I go? I google mapped it and the facility looks huge! Any tips or things I should know? Thanks! :confused:

Toms Girl
07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Also, can we wear Adidas track pants? Like the black jogging ones with no elastic at the bottom?

bean123
07-06-2010, 05:23 PM
they usually reject elastic waist pants.

when you go in the driveway you park to the left and enter the doors by the flag pole.

ksgirl409
07-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Also, no tan or khaki, no sleeveless shirts, no layers, and be careful about the length of shorts or a skirt if you wear it. My boyfriend's grandmother and I went to visit my boyfriend last week and her shorts were maybe 2 inches above her knees and the c.o.s told her she couldn't wear them. The woman is 67 years old going to see her grandson! The rules seem to fluctuate every week. It's crazy.

helene1108
07-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey ladies, hubby called and told me his list was approved but when we arrived for the visit...NO NAMES ON THE LIST=NO VISIT! I wasn't alone, there were several other first-timers turned away! When I called I was told that it usually takes 6 weeks or more for a list to be approved & was told he "possibly" could have his list approved end of August-early September!!! Anyone else have such a disappointing experience? I've also learned that they tend to OVER exagerate the time frames...had to fill out a discrepancy form for his pin and was told that would take 4-6 weeks but was completed in 4 days! Other inmates told hubby that we shouldn't rely on any info from the social work department & I should just try again this weekend since it's officially week 5! Any advice???

ksgirl409
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey ladies, hubby called and told me his list was approved but when we arrived for the visit...NO NAMES ON THE LIST=NO VISIT! I wasn't alone, there were several other first-timers turned away! When I called I was told that it usually takes 6 weeks or more for a list to be approved & was told he "possibly" could have his list approved end of August-early September!!! Anyone else have such a disappointing experience? I've also learned that they tend to OVER exagerate the time frames...had to fill out a discrepancy form for his pin and was told that would take 4-6 weeks but was completed in 4 days! Other inmates told hubby that we shouldn't rely on any info from the social work department & I should just try again this weekend since it's officially week 5! Any advice???

Your best bet is to just keep trying because I really don't think they know what they're doing sometimes. It's really all a bit disorganized, honestly. I hope you get to see him soon! I cried the first time we got our contact visits and have not missed a week since.

bean123
07-25-2010, 11:53 PM
when mines was there his list took a week...but i was the only one he added on it. the less people he adds the less time it takes to get approved. if he add like 5 or 6 people it can take like a month to go thru

Tina
07-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Post all information and questions related to visitation at Garden State Youth Correctional Facility here.

helene1108
08-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey Ladies...Guess what tommorrow is? OUR first visit!!! Even though they completely messed up his entire list & no one was added but myself (he's kinda bummed about our kids not being able to visit yet but we'll take what we can get )! I feel like it's X-mas eve! Prob won't even sleep tonight! Lol! Just wanted to thank ALL of u ladies for the immensely helpful info! U all make this situation soooo much more bearable!

bean123
08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
congrats! enjoy.

JerseySeagull
08-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Enjoy---there's nothing like the first!

helene1108
08-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey Ladies, got to GYCF yesterday & they closed the registration early-FULL! FML! Hubby called yesterday morning to tell me that they made typo on my last name & I had to change my DL w/ my address change! Did all that with time to spare and visit was full! Not the end of the world, Sunday's another day right! WRONG! They claim they "lost" his visit card or he NEVER turned it in! WTF??? So I proceed to plea with some heartless Sargent explaining to him that Hubby handled this matter directly with the Sgt that handles the visit list! This is how I know that only my name & no one else was added & his last was pushed thru earlier this week! ( they "forgot" our 4 kids, his mom & brother...go figure!) I told him to read the card to me cause we've already had problems regarding this! He even turned in a remedy card to add our kids yesterday! He's spoken to social work, the Sgt in charge and we are getting nowhere fast! After being told that I basically was crazy & had NO clue what I was talking about & he def did not turn a list in b/c it wasn't in their system I was told to take it up w/ social work on Monday! Yippee! Back to square -0!!! Fuming, out in the parking lot me being the relentless monster that I am I call, knowing my chances of getting any info are slim to none! I reached someone who was able to look in the system & not just verify my name was in fact there, but the typo also!!! She said that it may have been just noted as his emergency contact??? WHAT THE $@¥#!!! That's the most absurd thing I've EVER heard! Especially since the social worker appologized for the visiting card mix-up fri to him! This person this afternoon's advice was contact social work b/c even tho she saw my name "they" were running visits & she had nothing to do with it! I'm absolutely floored right now? Isn't it all one prison? How do you see something & the officers running visits don't? I'm upset, but I know Hubby's gonna be crushed! He's doing everything right but still gettin jerked around in the long run! Hello week 6-NO visit & 3rd remedy form with NO resolution!

ksgirl409
08-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey Ladies, got to GYCF yesterday & they closed the registration early-FULL! FML! Hubby called yesterday morning to tell me that they made typo on my last name & I had to change my DL w/ my address change! Did all that with time to spare and visit was full! Not the end of the world, Sunday's another day right! WRONG! They claim they "lost" his visit card or he NEVER turned it in! WTF??? So I proceed to plea with some heartless Sargent explaining to him that Hubby handled this matter directly with the Sgt that handles the visit list! This is how I know that only my name & no one else was added & his last was pushed thru earlier this week! ( they "forgot" our 4 kids, his mom & brother...go figure!) I told him to read the card to me cause we've already had problems regarding this! He even turned in a remedy card to add our kids yesterday! He's spoken to social work, the Sgt in charge and we are getting nowhere fast! After being told that I basically was crazy & had NO clue what I was talking about & he def did not turn a list in b/c it wasn't in their system I was told to take it up w/ social work on Monday! Yippee! Back to square -0!!! Fuming, out in the parking lot me being the relentless monster that I am I call, knowing my chances of getting any info are slim to none! I reached someone who was able to look in the system & not just verify my name was in fact there, but the typo also!!! She said that it may have been just noted as his emergency contact??? WHAT THE $@¥#!!! That's the most absurd thing I've EVER heard! Especially since the social worker appologized for the visiting card mix-up fri to him! This person this afternoon's advice was contact social work b/c even tho she saw my name "they" were running visits & she had nothing to do with it! I'm absolutely floored right now? Isn't it all one prison? How do you see something & the officers running visits don't? I'm upset, but I know Hubby's gonna be crushed! He's doing everything right but still gettin jerked around in the long run! Hello week 6-NO visit & 3rd remedy form with NO resolution!

What time on sat did you go? I went for the afternoon visit, and I know for a fact that the first floor was no where near full. Actually, his grandmother and I had been discussing how few people were actually there. It sucks that they keep jerking you around. IMO, these people don't know their heads from their asses.

bean123
08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
just wanna throw this in here. wrote it a long time ago...lol. its in this forum many places but offly not this thread...and it really needs to be in this thread.

visits are on saturday and sunday. they have two sessions. i'll just call the session a and session b. for session a you have to register (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143903&page=79#) between 8:15 am-9:15 am. the visit starts at 9:30 am and goes till 11 am. session b registration (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143903&page=79#) is between 12:15 pm-1:15 pm. the visit lasts from 1:45 and goes till 3:15. sunday visits are the worst...crowded and loud and hot and gross. i used to go to the B visit on saturdays. after james left they had to close down the one visit hall so depending on the inmates last name you could only visit a certain day... like a-l was on saturday and m-z on sunday. not sure if it is still like that, i dont think so. i'd call and double check. he can only have one visit a weekend...so if you wanna go to a visit on sunday and someone else went to a or b visit on saturday they wont let you in. have his SBI number when you go to visit...theyll ask you for it. it makes things easier. you need a state issued photo id to get in...like a license, state id card, or welfare id card or something. if you bring a child they need a birth certificate (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143903&page=79#) and social security card to get in. you have to be the legal guardian/parent of the child or the inmate has to be the father of the inmate.

the dress code for visits is pretty strict. they are alot more lenient than bordentown tho. shirts must cover your butt. no sandals. no sweat pants. no camoflauge. no tan/khaki/orange. no hooded sweaters. no jackets. no tight shirts. no cleavage. not even the tiniest bit of cleavage. if you wear a light colored shirt make sure you cant see your bra thru it. nothing provacative like playboy shirts or alcohol endorsements. if you have a weave/extensions in your hair be prepared because they might be picking it apart. no head bands. if you wear boots with metal in them you gotta take them off before you go thru the metal detector. if you wear alotta jewelry or a belt gotta take that off too before you get to the metal detector. i suggest leaving it in your locker/car or taking it off in advance cuz people can get nasty if you hold up the line. leave your cell phone in the car or hide it because if they see it theyll tell you to put it in the car. i always kept a really big extra shirt in the car incase they denied my clothing.

basically you get there and wait outside. they have picnic table and stuff you sit at until its time to line up.i'd be there like 20-30 minutes before registration so i am there before the first people line up. occassionally theyll let you in before its time to register they let you line up in the lobby if its really cold/raining/snowing etc.

there are three or four windows and you just go to the next one that opens up when its your turn on line. the guard will ask you who you are visiting.if you have his SBI or state number that helps, if not his last name will do. the guard will stamp your hand and give you a piece of paper. after that you lock all your stuff in a locker (except the paper the guard at the window gave you) and get on line again for the metal detector. you need to bring quarters for the lockers. when you go through the metal detector you put your pass (the paper the guard gave you at the window) and locker key in a bucket and then walk through. you can put any jewelry in the bucket too so it doesnt make the metal detector go off. when you are cleared you take your stuff and go to the guard by the gate. it's usually a female...she will tell you if the visit is up or downstairs and scan your hand with a black light to see your stamp the first guard put on you. if she forgets to tell you up or down, just ask. your visit will be at the same place every week unless he moves housing units. you go to the corresponding gate and wait. upstairs is the gate on the right, downstairs is the gate on the left. when theres a decent amount of people waiting in there to get into the visit rooms the guard who scans hands will let you in the visiting halls. when you get in there you give your paper to the guards at the table by the entrance and then you can sit where ever you want in the room. during the summer, sit near a fan or window!! it gets really stuffy in there because the visit rooms are so small! the inmates wont actually come up til registration is over. generally from the time you register (if youre in the first like 15 people) to the time you get upstairs only like 20-25 minutes went by so you usually have to wait atleast a half hour-40 minutes till the guys start coming into the visit hall. you are allowed to hug/kiss hello and goodbye. you are allowed to hold hands all through out visit. the guards are pretty chill about sitting close. in bordentown they were crazy and would tell you to separate constantly even if you werent really close at all.

you can drop them money orders for canteen at visits or send them in the mail. they have special envelopes to put them in at visits. their located at a little red desk type thing to the left of the registration windows. make sure you write his SBI and state number on them. the drop box is at that little desk.

he has to set up a pin list with approved number to call. it takes a week or two to get set up. he has to submit a visit list too...takes about a week or two to go through too.

its really easy to get to by the way...it's off of a main highway (which is off of the NJ turnpike) and at an intersection. it's hard to miss. its at the intersection of hogback and highbridge roads.