View Full Version : LA County Online Money Deposit

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
07-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I just noticed this on the Los Angeles County Website so I thought it would be helpful to post in case any of you could benefit from it. Take care and Good luck!! :)

Beginning on July 12th , 2010, the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department began allowing the public to send money to inmates over the internet using credit cards. This service is now available Monday Through Sunday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM PST. The application is accessed by searching for a current inmate and selecting the "Deposit Money" button from the inmate detail screen. This button is only viewable during hours when the service is available.

Annabelle
07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
It's about time!!!

halebop
07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I swear I NEVER thought they'd bring it back. This is going to be so helpful to so many people.

multifarious
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I've tried it -- it works!! Soooo much easier to send him $$ in time for store night now!!

Annabelle
07-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Lynwood is probably surrounded by Paparazzi right now so they had to implement an alternative. :)

jdcl0215
07-25-2010, 11:42 PM
is there an extra charge for putting money on his books online?

DollFace13
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
yeah it's like $2.49 or something like that

fastaxion
09-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I wanted to deposit money for a friend that is at NCCF. Will he be able to know that money has been deposited to him? And are they told who made the deposit?

Thanks

jet1985
09-05-2010, 03:03 PM
In California, they get a receipt and yes, it shows the name of the person that sent it.

fastaxion
09-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I am making the deposit online, does that make any difference?? Will he still get a receipt???

fastaxion
09-05-2010, 03:19 PM
will inmates know that money has been deposited to their accounts?? and who sent it??

jdcl0215
09-05-2010, 03:23 PM
They would know if they have money on their books if they ask. As for if they would know who... I'm not sure. Cause if you go there to deposit money it asks for your id and name of the depositer. Soo maybe?

fastaxion
09-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I just deposited money online to a friend that is at NCCF. Do they get a receipt or something notifying them that they have money on their books??? and do they know by whom the money was deposited??? I've heard of jails that give inmates a receipt stating how much was deposited and by whom but I'm not sure about NCCF.

Thanks

Heluvedme1st
09-05-2010, 11:14 PM
They are notified that there have been some money placed on there books

DaMeS_GiRl88
09-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't know how county works with online cuz I used to go down town and give money but I'm not for sure about the receipt part but I'm pretty sure they are notified

DollFace13
09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I just deposited money online to a friend that is at NCCF. Do they get a receipt or something notifying them that they have money on their books??? and do they know by whom the money was deposited??? I've heard of jails that give inmates a receipt stating how much was deposited and by whom but I'm not sure about NCCF.

Thanks

My boyfriend is at NCCF right now. He is NOT notified when money is put his books...he needs to ask (and usually they do not answer) so on Wednesday's he just places an order and then he finds out Thursday if he get's his order or not. Then his order comes with a receipt showing how much he has left. As far as I know it does NOT show who put the money because he's always calling and asking me who it was and If I can please tell them Thank You

supadupaalex18
09-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know what the maximum amount of money you can put in his books by one person or the max he can have in his account. Im just asking because im trying to put as much as possible while he is in county so when he transfers to state, ive heard county deposits aren't taxed restitution

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
09-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know what the maximum amount of money you can put in his books by one person or the max he can have in his account. Im just asking because im trying to put as much as possible while he is in county so when he transfers to state, ive heard county deposits aren't taxed restitution

Just a friendly reminder...the money on his account from county may take up to 30 days to transfer to prison. There have been many occurences where restitution has not been taken out when transferred but there is always a possibility that it can be....no guarantees. Good luck!! :)

rubensgal
01-08-2011, 05:22 PM
husband is in la county jail...twin towers..short sentence, will be out in march..i dont know how much money to deposit for him..he has had about 100 so far but i dont know if things are super expensive or cheap or what....what can they buy anyway? i dont have a lot of money now but want to do what i can for him... please let me know thanks folks

Casper's Lady
01-09-2011, 07:31 AM
husband is in la county jail...twin towers..short sentence, will be out in march..i dont know how much money to deposit for him..he has had about 100 so far but i dont know if things are super expensive or cheap or what....what can they buy anyway? i dont have a lot of money now but want to do what i can for him... please let me know thanks folks

From what I've heard from my husband... yes things are VERY expensive. It's up to you how much you want to though. I usually put like $40.00 to $50.00 a month. It's not much but I do have children to support as well.

rubensgal
01-11-2011, 01:57 AM
I cant find where i posted before. dont have a lot of money to send but am sending what i can to husband. can someone give me an idea of how much things cost in there? thanks

Shush
01-11-2011, 06:22 AM
when I got to know my Man, he made 20 $ a month from his job inside. and he managed his life in there. on top he managed to be able to write to me, paying for his stamps himself!

the question is, if your man has to pay restitution, as that way from all what you send a high porcentage is taken its half or even more bit more than half.

the prices of things go pretty much along with the prices in the vendors catalogs. so you get an idea there, what things approximative cost. but they cannot buy all inside.
your man can send you this information. so it is also a way to ask him for this list.

hope this helps.

PBslilsister
01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Brother is in Twin Towers. It's extremely expensive to buy things in there. Between whole family week send about 300.00 a month. It's pretty crazy. Ask him to send you a copy of the list they order from. It's criminal what they charge.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-13-2011, 07:16 PM
It is expensive. When my husband was in county he was extremely spoiled so we would send about 400-600 a month. I think the max they could spend at that time was 180 a week. I'm not sure what it is now. My advice send only what you can and he will make it work. Good luck =)

supadupaalex18
05-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Anyone have a link to deposit money? and how long does it take for the funds to be available?

hrae
06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
does anyone know if someone has money on they're books, will they give them that money when they're released?

California_Mom
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
does anyone know if someone has money on they're books, will they give them that money when they're released?

My son was in San Bernardino county and that's how it worked there.