View Full Version : This call is being terminated: no 3rd party calls allowed.

charlotte98
07-08-2010, 06:35 PM
There is something wrong w/ the phone system at Ellis prison (Texas) at least, cos last nite David called me over and over and every time I picked up, in between the recorded message and David coming on the line, the recorded voice said "this call is being terminated, no 3rd party calls allowed".
I was getting really frustrated cos...There is only one phone plugged in and there was no such "3rd party call" going on, *at all*, I live alone, for God's sake... how in the world is that a 3rd party call? Anyways then David said he tried calling for an hour and it wouldn't accept his pin number. Arrrrgh.
So I think the phone system is having problems.
...it happened again tonight when he called, it took him 2 or 3 tries calling, each time w/ the "no 3rd party" message coming on the line. Arrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!
*frustration*

Am I the only one this is happening to? Or is it an issue w/ the embarq/CBS lines, maybe just in Texas, or maybe just at Ellis?

scd123
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Not sure if this helps, but I use CBS and haven't had that problem (yet). I live in Missouri though...have you tried calling CBS. When I first set up my account, about three days in it had a recording when I tried to receive calls that said I had no available funds...I called CBS and they told me the system was having problems and it was being looked at...It was fixed that night! Good luck!

I complete him
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
This has happened to me too when there was no 3rd party calling going on. I believe it is a "glich" in the system here in Texas. Although this has only happened to me twice since Feb 2010 (both different units), I think if I were you, I would try to call and report the problem if it happens to you that often. I would be very frustrated too and would request credit for that time that's being wasted by them cutting your calls off, if any. I hope there is a way they can fix it for you...hang in there.

charlotte98
07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys!! *hugs*

BKBS
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
This is soooo aggravating, and it is not only a Texas thing. I had it happened to me twice now in the past two weeks or so. CBS told me not to use a cell phone - whatever. With the prices we are paying them, why don't they get better technology? Sheesh, I'm mad.

waitn4uBoo
07-10-2010, 07:31 PM
its happened to me 10 times and terminated my call and then my boo got moved to a different jail but still in kentucky and it says it every once in awhile but it doesnt terminate the call, i called CBS and they said if it is under 1 minute then they can refund your money right then but if it happened over minute into the call then pull your account up online and select the phone calls it happened and file a dispute and they will refund your money for the call... i got my refund back in 8 days..i was paying $7 per phone call too, not any more though i went and got a cell phone with the same area code and prefix as the jail he is at and its $3.04 a call now, but im waiting for my invite to google voice and hopefully it will be cheaper! if any has used google voice let me know if it works good.

ben's girl
07-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Yep, this is a CBS problem not a state specific problem. UGH!

twinkies
07-12-2010, 11:28 PM
It did this to me for 4 days he couldn't get through at all. i had talked to him early in the day & while we was talking my brother keep calling in. i didn't except the call from the bro... keep talking to the hubby. well it terminated the call saying no three way forwarding. every call after that i would go to push 1 in it would say "no third party calls in it was been terminated" called CBS & they tried the run around about the systems been sensitive & i may need to take off my call waiting & three way n stuff. well i was not satisfied with that, i told them i PAY to much to answer another call & i wouldn't take the chance to lose calls over forwarding, but i need the other services in my every day life. so i called my regular phone company the first time they reset my lines. second time it seems Global tech had put a block on my pone. UGH! i don't use them in my home phone & CBS were paid in full! it seems they did it cause my youngest brother was in Waco in county jail. he had called a few times & they use Global, the calls are higher then hell @10.(his closer then my hubby) any way the BLOCKED my pone when there(global) bill got close to $100. i called my phone company & tore into there a$$! First of how the Hell could another company block my phone which was there Century link. Second i pay regular collect calls(county jails) through century link, my bill was paid up & it was no where near time for a new bill. they RESET it again but did something were Global cant block my phone no more. so i would defiantly check with your regular phone company when u don't find answers with CBS, they can RESET your lines! just like with any technical problem. it did cause it were i have to pre pay Global for my brothers calls! it insulated me cause i dont pre- pay none of the rest of my bill& but it keeps my line from going down or blocked!

SJAYDEE
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I was told it was my inside wiring or noise formt he facility. I contacted AT&T, they came out and corrected my insode wiring and then it did it again. I changed my PHONE and it's worked fine ever since. I received credit for all the 1 minute calls that totaled 32 in all.... Hope this helps! OR have him cover the received until the connection is made (this will elimate the noise from the facility)

There is something wrong w/ the phone system at Ellis prison (Texas) at least, cos last nite David called me over and over and every time I picked up, in between the recorded message and David coming on the line, the recorded voice said "this call is being terminated, no 3rd party calls allowed".
I was getting really frustrated cos...There is only one phone plugged in and there was no such "3rd party call" going on, *at all*, I live alone, for God's sake... how in the world is that a 3rd party call? Anyways then David said he tried calling for an hour and it wouldn't accept his pin number. Arrrrgh.
So I think the phone system is having problems.
...it happened again tonight when he called, it took him 2 or 3 tries calling, each time w/ the "no 3rd party" message coming on the line. Arrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!
*frustration*

Am I the only one this is happening to? Or is it an issue w/ the embarq/CBS lines, maybe just in Texas, or maybe just at Ellis?

NC_girl
07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
It happened to me once in NC and he said it happens to others at the jail too. I wasn't making a 3rd party call either. What a pain.

LionessLove
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey-this used to happen to us.Sometimes if there was silence it would do it to(longer than 10 seconds or so.)

No third party was ever on our line either.