View Full Version : clueless

sderrick
03-01-2004, 04:09 PM
my boyfriend went to a substance abuse facility on may 12, 2003 and went to a halfway house on dec. 2, 2003. he used drugs while in the halfway house and now he has been in county jail here in texas since feb. 4, 2004. his attorney told me more than likely that he would end up going to prison. the attorney has got the da down to 3 yrs and said he is trying to get it down to 2 yrs. if he goes to prison when will he be up for parole. also my boyfriend said that he heard that he could serve the time in our county jail. if anyone knows anything about this or who i need to talk to about it, please let me know. he don't need to be in prison, he needs drug rehab and lots of other counseling. any suggestions or comments.
thanks, clueless

AEMS
03-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I can't offer you much information on this. Someone else will probably have a better response, but I can tell you that he is liable to sit in county for awhile before going to prison. My boyfriend was in county for 10 months before he got moved and he still isn't in a permanant facility. Now he is in a state jail. He can sit there for up to two years before he goes to prison. This has its up sides though. You will get to visit more often then you would if he were in prison and i think you have to be married to see him in prison. I get to see mine now contact visits for two hours, but only because he is in the state jail not prison. I know this wasn't much help, but just know the whole thing is a long process before he gets into a permanant facility.

sderrick
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
this is clueless in texas again if my boyfriend does go to prison for 2 or 3 years. how long will he actually have to stay for that sentence. it is a violation of probation.
thanks, clueless