View Full Version : Release date after making parole at TDCJ?

cynandtony
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
:confused:When an inmate comes up for parole and it is granted how long after does inmate have to wait to be released. it will be excatly 3yrs in feb. i just finished paying lawyer and he comes up for parole in feb. Kind of new to this so i was just wondering!?

mrs.determined
07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
hey there it just depends on his stipulations he cant get out in 30 days or longer than that depending on his release restrictions and if he needs to take classes. There are so many factors to be considered but if he is approved they will tell him what he needs to do. what parole lawyer did u get?

Mrssaldana
07-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Yes, It all depends on what kind of parole he gets. There are F-1, and on and on. Like my husband was approved for parole, but he had to finnish a couple classes first. That took 3 months. Then I had to wait for the certificate to be printed. Then I had to wait 7-21 more days to get a release date. Now I just got the release date Monday, and he is comming home tomorrow. So, It can vary. So, is he comming up for parole in feb.? Or was he approved in feb.?

cynandtony
07-27-2010, 02:04 PM
hey there it just depends on his stipulations he cant get out in 30 days or longer than that depending on his release restrictions and if he needs to take classes. There are so many factors to be considered but if he is approved they will tell him what he needs to do. what parole lawyer did u get?

I got Lori K. Redmond......i heard she's really good! But she went up on her fee's.....ugh!

cynandtony
07-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes, It all depends on what kind of parole he gets. There are F-1, and on and on. Like my husband was approved for parole, but he had to finnish a couple classes first. That took 3 months. Then I had to wait for the certificate to be printed. Then I had to wait 7-21 more days to get a release date. Now I just got the release date Monday, and he is comming home tomorrow. So, It can vary. So, is he comming up for parole in feb.? Or was he approved in feb.?

Im so mad at that lawyers office cause i was told that i need to have first payment in by the end of feb and payed off by aug which is around the corner and now they telling me that it was a mistake on the their behalf and that its not due to be payed off til aug of next year and that he comes up for review in nov 2011......which probably means he wont come home til 2012! ugh!

mrs.determined
07-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Did u go look on the TDCJ offender system and find his parole eligibility date. There's a difference in when he starts being reviewed and when they produce the answer. Like my hubby he starts getting reviewed in october and they should have an answer by march, because march is his parole eligibility month. I have been going thru this for now the 3rd year and its has been lock clock work. but yep if he doesnt start getting reviewed until nov 11 he wont probably even get answer until sometime in 2012.:idea:

bojo1955
07-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Did u go look on the TDCJ offender system and find his parole eligibility date. There's a difference in when he starts being reviewed and when they produce the answer. Like my hubby he starts getting reviewed in october and they should have an answer by march, because march is his parole eligibility month. I have been going thru this for now the 3rd year and its has been lock clock work. but yep if he doesnt start getting reviewed until nov 11 he wont probably even get answer until sometime in 2012.:idea:

my bf was recently approved for parole but his prd has not changed yet. Does it take awhile for it to be updated. We received the good news last week - he still has to take a class but thought it would change by now. Any ideas?

mrs.determined
07-29-2010, 09:48 AM
my bf was recently approved for parole but his prd has not changed yet. Does it take awhile for it to be updated. We received the good news last week - he still has to take a class but thought it would change by now. Any ideas?

:thumbsup:im not sure about how often the system gets updated. i know they update it when he is about to get released because they will put a release date towards the bottom of all of his status to let u know the day or around the date they plan on releasing him. All i know to do is call the parole board and ask them-his actual parole board county and not the switchboard in austin.

Mariefwtx
07-29-2010, 01:23 PM
My son had a prd for july 23 his parole was approved on the 15th. They changed his prd to the 30th cause no parole certificate. Parole came out on the 27th did residence verification. He will be released tomorrow on mandatory release. If this helps anyone, i know how frustrating it is!!

cynandtony
07-29-2010, 01:43 PM

yes im always checking it to see if that info has been updated but nothing yet, the lawyer office had called the parole board and they had confirmied that its not til nov 2011.....i cant wait cus this is really frustrating!

Tiffany65
07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Is it always the full 21 days after the Parole Certificate? Just asking it has been 9 Business days since the Parole Certificate was printed (printed on July 16?) I call everyday still the same answer No release day. Will he be home soon or do I have my hopes up to high. I am beginning to think he is never going to be home!!

cjplusone
08-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Im in the same situation. my bf parole was aproved, when i called they told me they were waiting for something not too sure what the operator say they were waiting for. But the weird this was thet parole called his grandpa on a friday and they were suppost to ge to his house the following monday but they never showed up????any ideas on what this could be. My friend told me that now days sometimes they just called to makes sure the address is valid but im a little worried why wouldn't they go verify recidency???????

imisshim1984
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
my man was interviewed while he was in intake, he went in on a parole violation, no new cases it is not aggravated not drug not alcohol not sex affence those are the major parole denials.....anyway he got interviewed in the middle of may and today is 83 days since then and still no info from the parole board they still are saying it will be a few more weeks till his file goes to the boards desk???? has anyone elses loved one been interviewed at that time and gotten an answer from the board i am worried not sure if it is a good thing that its taking so long btw san antonios office will be voting on him. are they hard on parole?

cjplusone
08-06-2010, 01:44 PM
MY MAN IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!!! I called parole yesterday and they told me his parole certificate was printed yesterday, the guy said it would take a week to 4 weeks for him to come home. I'll take 4 weeks over another year and a half!!!!!!!!! i have not been this happy in a very long time!!!!

johnnyslilrebel
08-07-2010, 04:32 PM
my brother in law has made parole and is on month 13 of his 18 month so rehab program, can anyone tell me when he might be getting out. also how long before he gets out will they do residence verification?

cjplusone
08-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Do yall know?....It they get release from the walls at huntsville and no one can go pick the up will they give them a bus ticket to austin or what are the procedures in this case?

cjplusone
08-07-2010, 05:16 PM
If an inmate is from austin but they get release from huntsville and no one can pick them up will tdcj supply them with a buss ticket or what are the procedures to fallow in this case?

Renee
08-08-2010, 02:04 PM
If an inmate is from austin but they get release from huntsville and no one can pick them up will tdcj supply them with a buss ticket or what are the procedures to fallow in this case?
My man was released from a private prison in Mineral Wells. I could not pick him up. They bussed him to Fort Worth and gave him a voucher to get a bus from Fort Worth to Beaumont. They also gave him a $50 check that he could cash in the Fort Worth bus station. I assume that Huntsville will be the same way!

Good luck!

mrs.determined
08-09-2010, 09:19 AM
They give them a bus ticket and they will drop him off at the greyhound bus station on the corner of airport and 290.

cjplusone
08-09-2010, 04:36 PM
OK, thank you ladies. Sorry to bother but do y'all know? my inmate had made parole already, the certificated has been printed so all we are waiting for is a release date, however his PO here in austin send his grandfather a letter saying he and my inmate have to go to this orientation class,but his grandfather doesn't want to go because its an hour and a half long and he is just lazy. Could they not release him because of it? do y'all think i can take his grandfather's place at the meeting? i have been trying to get intouch with his PO but no luck yet?