View Full Version : No visitation at Byrd Unit TX Prison

piercedkitten83
07-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Just letting anyone who reads this know - Byrd unit is a diagnostic unit and does not have visitation at their unit, period. They can keep inmates up to 45 days.

My husband was just denied his July 2 mandatory supervision release date, and was moved to Byrd from the pre-release unit he was at. He's been there for a little over a week now. His parents drove all the way there last weekend to visit him and were turned away. This is my birthday weekend and the weekend he should have been released, so we're sad about not even being able to visit.
You can call the unit at 936-295-5768 on Friday afternoon to check and see if your loved one is still there.

piercedkitten83
07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Just an update to my story. My husband just left Byrd today to go to an ID unit. So he wasn't there for even 2 weeks. I'm glad it's only temporary at this unit.

veromoe
07-07-2010, 07:21 PM
sono visits at all?my husband wrote me and told me he caught chain and will be going to byrd unit,what is the purpose of going there then?

piercedkitten83
07-08-2010, 06:48 AM
They send them here to determine which ID unit (permanant unit) they should be placed at. There's different units for different levels (mental, violent, sex crimes, low, medium, high security, etc).

veromoe
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM
wow permanant unit?my husband was just approved parole????

piercedkitten83
07-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking they probably needed to move your husband closer to huntsville and didn't have room elsewhere so they sent him there. Call the unit up and ask if he's still there.

veromoe
07-09-2010, 09:56 PM
k thanks..i called and no info that was helpful

Lupe
07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
k thanks..i called and no info that was helpful

what kind of info were you trying to find out?

veromoe
07-10-2010, 11:56 PM
why he was transfered there????

veromoe
07-12-2010, 09:55 PM
so i found out he got denied after being approved because he got into a fight:(

piercedkitten83
07-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Awww girl I am so sorry. =( I know how heartbreaking it is. Is he still at Byrd?

Lacey.Brianne
07-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Just letting anyone who reads this know - Byrd unit is a diagnostic unit and does not have visitation at their unit, period. They can keep inmates up to 45 days.

My husband was just denied his July 2 mandatory supervision release date, and was moved to Byrd from the pre-release unit he was at. He's been there for a little over a week now. His parents drove all the way there last weekend to visit him and were turned away. This is my birthday weekend and the weekend he should have been released, so we're sad about not even being able to visit.
You can call the unit at 936-295-5768 on Friday afternoon to check and see if your loved one is still there.

Are you sure there's NO visitation? Jay just got transferred there either today or yesterday from Gurney. His mom called and told me that he's still able to have visitors but that he won't be able to make calls for 4-6 weeks. I'm confused.

piercedkitten83
07-17-2010, 12:58 AM
They turned my husbands parents away the first week my husband was there, and when I called the second week I was told there is no visitation.

LMR08
07-17-2010, 01:26 AM
im...just trying to fine out wats goin on wit byard dats were my fiance is.....in if there gettin mail...visit...ect...

piercedkitten83
07-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Mail- yes, phone calls and visits - no

C.Ricks'sLadii
10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I kno this is a old post.. But my boyfriend was moved to Byrd Unit on the 22nd of September...He suppose to be there for like 4-6 wks "supposedly"..No visitation jus emails and letters...While he's there they gon test him, mentally, psych...(howeva u spell it..Lol)..and a bunch of other things..basically to see where he shud be placed at permanetly...I hope its no where to far...he got denied his June 4th date cause he was fightin at Gurney..Ugh!!..Soo Now im jus waitin...

bunnylover
10-27-2010, 11:18 AM
This really sucks. My fiance was just transferred her a few days ago. I hate not being able to talk to him. Hope he moves again soon.

bunnylover
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I kno this is a old post.. But my boyfriend was moved to Byrd Unit on the 22nd of September...He suppose to be there for like 4-6 wks "supposedly"..No visitation jus emails and letters...While he's there they gon test him, mentally, psych...(howeva u spell it..Lol)..and a bunch of other things..basically to see where he shud be placed at permanetly...I hope its no where to far...he got denied his June 4th date cause he was fightin at Gurney..Ugh!!..Soo Now im jus waitin...
Hey girl. Looks like we are in the same boat. My fiance was moved to byrd from gurney on the 24th of Oct. I am going crazy no being able to talk to him.

jazz12
08-12-2012, 04:15 PM
okay so my bf was transferred to Byrd about a week ago for what I was told "diagnostic testing". He had been on C Moore since 2010 but I'm curious because he currently in review and should be seeing parole soon. I" m really confused

ldc1227
10-02-2012, 07:06 PM
okay so my bf was transferred to Byrd about a week ago for what I was told "diagnostic testing". He had been on C Moore since 2010 but I'm curious because he currently in review and should be seeing parole soon. I" m really confused

Hi...sorry this is a little late but I was just reading through all this stuff on here about Byrd and saw your post. My bf just got transferred there today AFTER getting classified and going through everything at Middleton. He is up for review now and as of today no decision so I am confused also. He does have medical issues and is suppossed to have surgery in the next couple of weeks but was told by medical at Middleton that it was going to take place in Lubbock. I am worried!! Or should I be happy? Could he be coming home?? Thanks...