View Full Version : The waiting starts

trayday22
03-01-2004, 12:34 AM
My hubby was sentenced to 10 years on Friday. :( He's been in gwinnett county since Nov. 16, 2003. So now we are waiting until he's transferred to Jackson. Today I brought our 1 yr old son to visit him for the first time since he's been in. I felt bad, cuz he was happy to see him, but sad that he couldn't hold him. And even more sad cuz he's gonna miss 10 years of his life. I keep telling him that he won't miss it, that i'll tell him everything and send lots of pics and stuff and try to let him visit often. This time is going to be so hard, but with the Lord at my side I will get through the best I can. Any extra prayers and advice would be appreciated. I can't wait to be able to touch his hand or be able to kiss him, if I'm allowed.

mrskendrick2you
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi Sweetie!!

This will definitely be an emotional rollercoaster for you and your family but I do want you to know that you are DEFINITELY not alone! you have so many wonderful people here at PTO that you can lean on! I'm sorry to hear that your husband wasn't able to hold you alls son during visitation but like you said just reassure him that he won't miss out on his life because you all are apart of him EVERYDAY!

Good luck hun and remember that Jesus is always there even when it seems that no one else is!!

Stay in prayer and God Bless you and your family!
MrsK (Keisha)

strongernow
03-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Hey there....
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I know it will be very hard for you to raise your son that long on your own. I can't imagine what it was like for him to see your son but not be able to hold him.
My advice would be to send lots of pictures and when he gets older, have your son make things to send to your husband also. I have a 3 yr old son and a 6 week old daughter... my fiance' missed out on 7 months of my pregnancy and our daughter's birth. It has been very hard emotionally for us... some days are better than others though. It will be quite a rollercoaster, but you have found a great place to get advice, support and make friends who understand what you are going through.
Hang in there and know that we are all here for you! Is there any way your husband might not actually have to serve the full 10 years? I sure hope so. Your family is in my prayers! ((((((hug))))))

trayday22
03-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately, because of the plea bargain, he will have to serve all ten years. Which is actually good because they were originally going to give him 20. I was able to talk to the DA and get it down to 10. My husband also missed out on the first 6 months of our son's life because he was in Kuwait with the Army. He almost missed the birth of our son, but we had him induced just so he could be there, then he left a week later. Does anyone know if at state prison, do they allow children? And do you know if he'll be able to hold the baby? I guess it depends on the prison too. Well thanks ladies for your help and prayers. I know that God is with me and will watch over my family while we go through these hard times.

beckylee
03-03-2004, 11:46 AM
My son was sentenced to 10 years in a plea agreement. He has already been told that according to the "grid" and if his behavior is good, he might only have to serve 34 months. He is currently in Jackson. He was transferred to Jackson in early February. Why would your loved have to serve the full ten years?

At any rate, this is a great forum for support from those who truely understand.
Jerry's Mom

My hubby was sentenced to 10 years on Friday. :( He's been in gwinnett county since Nov. 16, 2003. So now we are waiting until he's transferred to Jackson. Today I brought our 1 yr old son to visit him for the first time since he's been in. I felt bad, cuz he was happy to see him, but sad that he couldn't hold him. And even more sad cuz he's gonna miss 10 years of his life. I keep telling him that he won't miss it, that i'll tell him everything and send lots of pics and stuff and try to let him visit often. This time is going to be so hard, but with the Lord at my side I will get through the best I can. Any extra prayers and advice would be appreciated. I can't wait to be able to touch his hand or be able to kiss him, if I'm allowed.

trayday22
03-05-2004, 10:55 PM
His crime has a mandatory 10 years without the option of parole. He was actually lucky to only get 10, I was able to talk the DA down from 20. :(

beckylee
03-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Sorry - I had not understood the mandatory part. I know itwill be tough on all of you - but it will pass. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Jerry's Mom

His crime has a mandatory 10 years without the option of parole. He was actually lucky to only get 10, I was able to talk the DA down from 20. :(