View Full Version : If a parolee takes out a parole loan is he sent to a halfway house?

daddasboo
06-23-2010, 04:03 PM
has anyone heard this rumor that along with mpri, that the guys who are getting the buisness loan money are being put in halfway houses for 4 to 6 months befor they get to come home? any info on this would be very helpfull thanks:confused:

sisnik
06-23-2010, 06:26 PM
This is news to my ears. But my bf did mention something about going to halfway houses or getting tethers.

sisnik

HOPE4FUTURE
06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Business loan money???

jlzkmm
06-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Ditto to what Hope said!!!!! What are you talking about daddasboo?

ilovecharles
06-24-2010, 12:28 PM
I know that there are parole loans available to receive but I didn't think michigan had any half way houses open. I know the one that was in Kalamazoo has been closed for several years.

The only half way houses i have found have been for sobriety purposes (rehabs) not criminal behavior. I also know that in kalamazoo there is a place called KPEP that some offenders are assigned too and it is similar to a standard half way house but only deals with low level offenses (misdeamenors, drug court, DVs and small probation/parole violations)

daddasboo
06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
yep theres loans they deal with this stuff in mpri

RAJustice
06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
I know that there are parole loans available to receive but I didn't think michigan had any half way houses open. I know the one that was in Kalamazoo has been closed for several years.

The only half way houses i have found have been for sobriety purposes (rehabs) not criminal behavior. I also know that in kalamazoo there is a place called KPEP that some offenders are assigned too and it is similar to a standard half way house but only deals with low level offenses (misdeamenors, drug court, DVs and small probation/parole violations)

This was interesting......... http://www.clarecountyreview.com/?p=3209

The “parolee home” in Clare County is not owned by the MDOC; rather, it is owned by Horizons Property Management. Like any other private entity/landlord, Horizon’s Property Management is free to rent to whomever it wishes. In this particular case, the person Horizon’s chose to rent to happens to be an MDOC parolee; it could have just as well been a person not under MDOC supervision. Since the tenant is a parolee covered under the MPRI umbrella, the monthly rent is subsidized through MPRI funds.
RA

HOPE4FUTURE
06-25-2010, 07:02 AM
RA, any idea how much MPRI pays a month for a parolee for housing?

RAJustice
06-25-2010, 06:20 PM

No sorry, I don't know anything more about it than what I read in the Clare paper.

clearskyfewclou
10-16-2010, 03:18 PM
does anyone know if the prisoners can have visitors in KPEP in kalamazoo on olmstead rd email me if u know thanks

dmpdbd
10-17-2010, 06:14 PM

I know this thread is several months old (where have I been? :rolleyes:), but MPRI is paying $500.00 per month for parolees in Pontiac for one or two months only in homes that are privately owned and have several parolees in residence.

sandymom
10-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Well with this economy there are certainly plenty of vacant houses that could be used for parolees.
MPRI really does have a lot to offer and I would be interested in seeing the stats on how this is working and if it is working, some good press articles on that too, instead of just covering the vote whores right now still using the get tough on crime mantra.