View Full Version : Rough Week at Polunsky Unit TX Prison

ShoesHappen
06-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Seems like it's been a rough week.

An inmate stabbed
A CO beaten to a pulp
Cases being written left and right (no t-shirt in the day room, out of place, etc.)

Apparently the COs are starting to get pretty nervous about the cameras getting installed to observe them. I'm curious how many will get walked off within the first month - lol. Between that and the random drug testing Polunsky should have a serious staffing shortage real soon!!!

RedzReyna
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Lol. I was at visit yesterday and heard the same thing.

An inmate stabbed during Rec [they went on Lockdown for it on Wednesday - but its been lifted]
two inmates setting up a law lady and beating her really bad said they messed up her face - [Supposively it was all because of a write-up she gave him that messed up his parole - she wrote him up and sent the case to parole to show them that he didn't deserve parole - if I remember correctly it was because of a possible inmate-law relationship] Uh oh! But then again that's just the word that got to my husband. Nonetheless both inmates were recognized very well by the new cameras and were taken into custody.
Yes the guards are being really cautious because of the camera - I was told that most of the guards used to never strip search them after coming in from visit and now because of the cameras they are making sure they only let one back in at a time and won't allow another one until they are finished searching the previous - which is true because before I saw where they would let two or three of them back there at the same time - now they have to wait at the door until the CO says "nexttt"..lolz!

vjones76118
06-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I heard yesterday, that an inmate died of natural causes at the age of 38(?). My husband said it was probably the heat.

ShoesHappen
06-22-2010, 05:59 AM
Well, there could be a lot of causes for someone to die at age 38. We have to remember that a lot of inmates are drug users. This can take its toll on a young body and cause an early death. He may have had a genetic disorder. He may have had heart problems. Or it could be a heat related incident. It could be a lethal overdose of medication or other substances. Until an autopsy is done and toxicology if ordered we won't know.
With his having happened in TDC I'm pretty sure that they will make sure it will not place any blame on the agency, no matter what the cause of death. Just saying though, you gotta give them the benefit of the doubt ...

RedzReyna
06-22-2010, 09:35 AM
I heard yesterday, that an inmate died of natural causes at the age of 38(?). My husband said it was probably the heat.

Yeah that happened sometime last week or the week before a man was found in his cell it was on the news don't remember his name but he was out of Bexar county was in for killing a San Antonio teacher or something like that.

ShoesHappen
06-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Umm, that wasn't natural causes, neither a 38-year-old ... a 39-year-old DR Inmate committed suicide. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7055902.html