View Full Version : Supervision Date/release date questions.

Paulie'sGirl
06-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm posting this, not just for me...but there's a lot of newbies, who I think could use this information as well.

I was up late last night and have read 'way too much' information on the DOC site. I swear the more I read, the more questions I have. I read practically the whole site a few months ago and it makes more sense NOW that I'm dealing with the issues directly!

First of all, when Paul was sentenced, there were others before him were sentenced AND the judge gave "X" # of years probation after their imprisoned sentence.

Paul got only time in prison. He was not given 'probation' afterwards.

So my question is this. His Flat Max is 3/3/13. Which makes sense since he has a 3 years sentence and got credit for time served in 4th Ave.

He has a Sentence expiration of 9/29/12 which is 85% TIS. (we'll take it!) ;)

From what I understand there is a TR (temp release date) of 90 days early. There is also the infamous, (WE all LOVE the SB1093) which offers an additional 90 days....making it a total of 180 early release. :)

Lastly there are ERC (earned release credits). Do 6 days, get credit for 7 days! You can get this by NOT getting tickets and moving up into the Phase system.

My question is regarding the "Supervision End" date. Does every inmate come home and HAVE to go on mandatory parole or probation?

What's difference between parole or probation?

If Paul is released early...as early at March 2012 for TR and SB 1093 will he have a year of "Supervision"? Does that Supervision every change if an inmate is released earlier...or does that mean he just has more time to be ON supervision!?

What if some one was NOT given probation by the judge?

BMAC6642
06-18-2010, 09:52 PM
What's difference between parole or probation? The difference is when on probation if you violate it you go back to court and through the system to recieve your punishment.On parole your parole officer is police,judge and jury and can send the person back to complete their sentence with a phone call.

gods mercy
06-22-2010, 08:05 AM
the more credit he gets the more porole time he gets and yes they act as probation officers coz they an also revoke at any time yo dont comply with them.. lso there is another bill for 90 days off its a 1291 bill drug classes...

ImhisBooBoo
06-28-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm posting this, not just for me...but there's a lot of newbies, who I think could use this information as well.

I was up late last night and have read 'way too much' information on the DOC site. I swear the more I read, the more questions I have. I read practically the whole site a few months ago and it makes more sense NOW that I'm dealing with the issues directly!

First of all, when Paul was sentenced, there were others before him were sentenced AND the judge gave "X" # of years probation after their imprisoned sentence.

Paul got only time in prison. He was not given 'probation' afterwards.

So my question is this. His Flat Max is 3/3/13. Which makes sense since he has a 3 years sentence and got credit for time served in 4th Ave.

He has a Sentence expiration of 9/29/12 which is 85% TIS. (we'll take it!) ;)

From what I understand there is a TR (temp release date) of 90 days early. There is also the infamous, (WE all LOVE the SB1093) which offers an additional 90 days....making it a total of 180 early release. :)

Lastly there are ERC (earned release credits). Do 6 days, get credit for 7 days! You can get this by NOT getting tickets and moving up into the Phase system.

My question is regarding the "Supervision End" date. Does every inmate come home and HAVE to go on mandatory parole or probation?

What's difference between parole or probation?

If Paul is released early...as early at March 2012 for TR and SB 1093 will he have a year of "Supervision"? Does that Supervision every change if an inmate is released earlier...or does that mean he just has more time to be ON supervision!?

What if some one was NOT given probation by the judge?

ok Im a lil confused can they actuall get that 90 days off there sentence if they havent served there 85%? if the can so actually they wont have to serve 85% if they get the time off for sb1093? scratchin my head..:confused:

Paulie'sGirl
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
ok Im a lil confused can they actuall get that 90 days off there sentence if they havent served there 85%? if the can so actually they wont have to serve 85% if they get the time off for sb1093? scratchin my head..:confused:

85% IS the TIS (truth in sentencing). This was a law passed the 1990's and suppose to be "hard on crime". The politicians loved it and it was basically a political move to further a few careers. (just my opinion). It also over flowed all of our prison systems....that and the Mandatory Sentencing laws that were passed, did the same. Did you know our prisons have QUADRUPLED the number of inmates since 1984 and we have more incarcerated individuals in the US than any other country in the world!

Assuming an inmate is not doing a FLAT MAX sentence, there are many options for early release.

So if someone gets 3 years, basically that's 1095 days. 85% is 930 days. The TR is a temporary release, assuming once again, no serious tickets etc. If an inmate in trouble the whole time, the TR will never be an option. So take the 930-90 (TR) and now your total is 840 days.

Then there is the SB1091 or SB1093. These are both Senate Bills that have been passed to give early release. Originally 1091 was drugs only, the 1093 is for everyone.

So the 840 days is now at 750 days.

Also according to the DOC site, the ERC is earned release credit. Assuming once again, that an inmate has no tickets, moving through the Phases, etc. An inmate gets 7 days credit for every 6 days served. In a year, it's approximately 52 additional days ERC.

So basically a 3 year (1095 day) sentence can be reduced to 594 days. This is the BEST possible scenerio, without a single ticket any troubles!! There is NO 65% rule, just TR, SB and ERC that can reduce time.

BUT what is the real kicker for all of this is...no matter WHAT the "supervision end date" stays the same. The earlier one comes home, the longer he is on parole, basically anything he does wrong, can put him/her right back into prison again to serve full sentence.

Hope that explains a little better.

PFsChick
06-29-2010, 03:39 PM
85% IS the TIS (truth in sentencing). This was a law passed the 1990's and suppose to be "hard on crime". The politicians loved it and it was basically a political move to further a few careers. (just my opinion). It also over flowed all of our prison systems....that and the Mandatory Sentencing laws that were passed, did the same. Did you know our prisons have QUADRUPLED the number of inmates since 1984 and we have more incarcerated individuals in the US than any other country in the world!

Assuming an inmate is not doing a FLAT MAX sentence, there are many options for early release.

So if someone gets 3 years, basically that's 1095 days. 85% is 930 days. The TR is a temporary release, assuming once again, no serious tickets etc. If an inmate in trouble the whole time, the TR will never be an option. So take the 930-90 (TR) and now your total is 840 days.

Then there is the SB1091 or SB1093. These are both Senate Bills that have been passed to give early release. Originally 1091 was drugs only, the 1093 is for everyone.

So the 840 days is now at 750 days.

Also according to the DOC site, the ERC is earned release credit. Assuming once again, that an inmate has no tickets, moving through the Phases, etc. An inmate gets 7 days credit for every 6 days served. In a year, it's approximately 52 additional days ERC.

So basically a 3 year (1095 day) sentence can be reduced to 594 days. This is the BEST possible scenerio, without a single ticket any troubles!! There is NO 65% rule, just TR, SB and ERC that can reduce time.

BUT what is the real kicker for all of this is...no matter WHAT the "supervision end date" stays the same. The earlier one comes home, the longer he is on parole, basically anything he does wrong, can put him/her right back into prison again to serve full sentence.

Hope that explains a little better.

Thanks for the explanation. I had just assumed that the "truth in sentencing" and the "ERC" was the same thing. This makes the picture a little brighter.:)

Paulie'sGirl
06-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Think of it this way...the TIS 85% is basically what everyone will do!

The ERC is bonus earned timed early release...do 6 days, get credit for 7.

And the Senate bills are also earned...take classes, etc.

The better they behave, the earlier they come home!