View Full Version : Want to know about parole

spunky0910
02-27-2004, 08:38 PM
i am very new at this and my fiance was sentenced yesterday and got 4-5 years does anyone know about when he will be eligible for parole he has 215 days served already and just arrived at concord yesterday. any help would be appreciated i do not know if this makes a difference or not but it was drug charges he is not a violent person. first offence too.:fb: thanks, jen

craigerblue
02-28-2004, 01:45 PM
I have no info for you, unfortunetly I have been asking for clarification on MA parole guidlines to no avail for forever. If you find anything out though, pass it along!!!

Ms.Heather
03-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Welcome to PTO Spunky!

I am not 100% sure of this but I believe that considering your fiance got a minuimum and a maximum date (4-5) then he will have to serve his minimum before being eligible for parole. But I could be wrong... Check out the policys from MDOC on sentence computation, deductions from sentence and so on... might be some information in there that can help you. He will be getting good credits (you hope...lol) so that might help him see parole. But as far as I know, a person with a min/max date has to serve the minimum...
Which is frustrating as hell cause a friend of mine is doing 19-20.

:) Heather

spunky0910
03-01-2004, 02:49 PM
so a person that has two numbers like 4-5 means that its a minimum mandatory of 4? I didn't know that, I thought it had to be specified