View Full Version : Any info on Mother at Carswell

lilbiddy
06-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Hello everyone,
This is my first post. My Mom turned herself in 9 days ago and we (family) have not heard anything from her. Of course we are worried. If anyone has info on Sandra Short (she is a little old white lady) at Carswell, I would be so grateful to get any news about her.

Thank you

Sis of sis
06-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Which side is she on? The camp or medical?
It took my sister over 3 months to get email there. Did she take in money to use for the phone or for stamps?

lilbiddy
06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I am not really sure which side, hopefully medical w/ all her health problems. She did go in with a little money. What I'm worried about is that w/ her age and being tech. challenged she won't be able to figure out how to use the phone system. Forget about email, she doesn't do email.

We called prison, they were not any help. We are so very worried about her.

Thanks

Sis of sis
06-13-2010, 04:25 PM
I will email my sister who is on the medical side. We don't email every day so it may take a day or two.
You can write her, but you can't send any stamps to her. The women get to go to the commissary only one assigned day a week so maybe she hasn't gotten to buy stamps yet.

lilbiddy
06-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

If your sis or anyone can tell us how she is, we would be so relieved. I'm sure you probably know what we are going through. The waiting, wondering, and worrying is just awful! We tried calling the prison, but they were not very helpful. Any news from anyone about her would be so welcome.

jenspigsfly
06-14-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm so sorry to learn of your mother in pirson. my mother in law has been there for a little over a year (mid 70's) and it has been so very difficult on her, the family, the kids....it's been devastating for us all. On the other hand, there are some very good people there from m y understanding. Recently her husband passed.....this also has been devastating to her and all of us.....but the guards have been very kind to her and us. Beleive it or not....there are good people in there. Feel free to PM me.... My prayers for you to have a calm heart......for your mother as well. We know what you are going through....all too well.

lilbiddy
06-15-2010, 04:06 AM
Thank you! I'm sorry about you mother-in-law. It is devastating and still unbelievable. It is good to hear that your mother has been treated kindly. I pray for kindness for my mother. I just wish we would hear something. Your mind starts imagining the worst when you are left wondering what is going on.

I will post as soon as we hear something, still hope someone reads this and has news.
Thanks

lilbiddy
06-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Good News! She called! Seems she had a difficult time trying to figure out the phone system, so she had been trying for several days before she finally got through. I want to thank all of you so much for your help and kind words. It has really helped a lot.

P.S. Sis of Sis - your sister found my mother during church service. She saw my Mom's name and sought her out. Thank you for getting word to your sis and thank your sis for me. It really meant a lot to both of us to know that people on the both sides of the fence are looking out for each other.

God bless!

Sis of sis
07-02-2010, 09:39 PM
It takes a while to get the phone numbers approved so don't worry. How many months does she have. If she has just a few years or less she is probably at the camp. If she needs medical because of health problems she might be on the medical side.
This is a traumatic time for all the family and especially her. Commissary day is only one day a week so it might take days for her to get stamps to write you. My sister wrote me before she could call me. I know that STRESS!

ctscan
07-02-2010, 09:53 PM
My sister went in on the same day at noon. We haven't heard from her either. Her name is Cathy Reed and when she does contact me, I will ask about your mom. I know the frustration of not knowing what's going on. She was scheduled to go to the camp, but I'm not sure if that's where she's ended up or not. I will be praying for you and your family. PM me if I can help you in any way. If your mother should see my sister first, please let me know. Thank you for your help.