View Full Version : HELP!!! Truth from the Parole Board? TPM?

MYLILSECRET
06-12-2010, 12:59 AM
O.k I called the Parole Board again on Wednesday and finally spoke with a real live human! He looked my man up and asked "did I speak to you Monday?" and I said no he said "oh here it is I spoke to his mother, well she called and we pulled his file already and sent it to the Board for review...he will have a decision in 30 days, If he doesn't call me back but he should know in 30 days." O.k PT is this a brush off from them or should I believe things are moving and now what's next? My man was sentenced to 3 yrs on a intent to distribute & possesion of a firearm during a crime he was told and has seen other inmates with the same charges due about 18 - 20 mths...his 1/3 was up in Febraury so he is now on his 16 month...

So my question is 1) am I waiting on a decision being a TPM? or a Release? or what? 2)and if he does receive a TPM date in say 30 days so July does it have to be far off or could his TPM be as early as August September?

MYLILSECRET
06-12-2010, 12:30 PM
nobody knows????

ilikbenme
06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
i have no clue....weekends are sometimes slower on here than during the week...especially if the weather is good. small consolation, i know. surely someone will come on here soon and give you something.

parole decisions take time...so the best i can offer is to wait the thirty days and see what happens. meantime, i would be asking him if he's heard anything on his end...he will know before anybody, i would think.

MYLILSECRET
06-12-2010, 12:41 PM
yea I know wknds are slow Im just so FRUSTRATED with the not knowing... I'm just having an over the waiting kinda week ughhhh!:angry: Hopefully somebody will know the answer while I'm patiently/impatiently lol waiting the 30 days...

THNX!

parkhad01
06-12-2010, 09:11 PM
The truth is it does not matter what other people have done, it only matters what he did. My husband has seen people with far worse offenses go and he is still sitting there and he is a first time offender. I pray for you it will be soon. It sounds like you are waiting for a TPM, and if you are lucky it will be soon. If you go to the pardon and parole web site you can put his number in and it will show either under investigation or an actual TPM date. They are really behind so even when they get to their 1/3 it can still be a month or two before you hear anything. God speed girl and keep us updated.

MYLILSECRET
06-14-2010, 11:22 AM
My question is when the PB says 30 days does that mean 30 days... His case still reads no decision...not under investigation. We are trying to decide if we should get married while he's there our wait til he comes home if that's this year... I told him yesterday we should wait until next month when he hopefully gets a TPM...Thats why its important we know if the TPM is generally set for far after it's issued or possibly close to after its issued. He's hoping that he gets a TPM next month and its for August or September and I wanna know if thats possible or should we just start the marriage packet :mad:

kae
06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
who really knows when it comes to the parole board. they don't have a standardized way or timeline of doing things. what they decide for one inmate may not be the case for another with identical charges. if the parole board says he'll have a decision in 30 days, give them that time for them to do their jobs. in a month or so you will have your answer and can decide if you want to start the marriage process. it takes a few months from start to finish so if he comes home in that time you will already have the license and can just get it done while he's free.

i married before my husband received his tpm. had i waited for it, it definitely would've made a difference when we got married. i probably would've waited until he was closer to release or out of the gate.

My question is when the PB says 30 days does that mean 30 days... His case still reads no decision...not under investigation. We are trying to decide if we should get married while he's there our wait til he comes home if that's this year... I told him yesterday we should wait until next month when he hopefully gets a TPM...Thats why its important we know if the TPM is generally set for far after it's issued or possibly close to after its issued. He's hoping that he gets a TPM next month and its for August or September and I wanna know if thats possible or should we just start the marriage packet :mad:

Mrs.kimmons0320
07-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Girl let me give u a little insight on the pb and their "30days"...my ex was parole eligible in april 2010 his case didnt get decided on until may 18 2010 and then he didnt hear of their decision til probably the second week of june. Bc they mail him a letter and they wont tell you anything until they feel like the letter has had enough time to get to the inmate. But the man told me from the pb that they are so backed up and they are seeing probably 1800 diff cases a week just to catch up. Rite now im grateful for the pb back up bc maybe they wont notice that my fiance got a dr, and hoping they wont extend his tpm. But best of luck to u i hope u hear from them soon! Your 30 days are almost up!!

MYLILSECRET
07-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Well unfortunately for us the PB DID mean 30 days this time and has given us his date today and it was not what either of us expected...16 more months! So now I have an even bigger dilemma about the fate of relationship...:confused:UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks for the insight tho

Mrs.kimmons0320
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Well atleast now you know ofcially....with my x that was a big burden on our relationship not knowing when he would get out. Wound up being dec 2011, 17 months from now. We fell apart long before then but we remain good friends. My fiance's tpm is sep like i said before. But he got in trouble at the t.c. So they could extend him 90 days or keep him til he maxes in may 2012. I am new to all this and dealing with the doc and my man being gone. But one thing i have realized is that there is no other man for me. so i have no choice but to stand beside him and ride this out, we just gotta let the doc tell us how to live our lives for just a little while longer. And i know 16 months seems like a long time but he will be home before you know it. Just keep your head up and stand strong, it wont be easy, but it will be worth it when he comes home back in your arms again!!

MYLILSECRET
07-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I am still debating on what to do because I love him and I want to be with only him BUT this is my 2nd relationshp that was GDC controlled and I dont know if I have the strength to do it again....I have to think about whats best for my kids and I really think they need stabiillity in their lives sooner rather than later...I want to not just chose for my heart but for THEIR lives... I really am praying on it:(:(:(

Mrs.kimmons0320
07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes girl i understand that completly. Our babies are what is most important...i hope things work out for you. I will deff pray for you as well. And just remember he will never give you too much to handle.

Keltria
07-08-2010, 02:59 AM
O.k I called the Parole Board again on Wednesday and finally spoke with a real live human! He looked my man up and asked "did I speak to you Monday?" and I said no he said "oh here it is I spoke to his mother, well she called and we pulled his file already and sent it to the Board for review...he will have a decision in 30 days, If he doesn't call me back but he should know in 30 days." O.k PT is this a brush off from them or should I believe things are moving and now what's next? My man was sentenced to 3 yrs on a intent to distribute & possesion of a firearm during a crime he was told and has seen other inmates with the same charges due about 18 - 20 mths...his 1/3 was up in Febraury so he is now on his 16 month...

So my question is 1) am I waiting on a decision being a TPM? or a Release? or what? 2)and if he does receive a TPM date in say 30 days so July does it have to be far off or could his TPM be as early as August September?

I do wish the best for you in this situation - and I hope the decision is release.