View Full Version : Early releases for Missouri?

the_charmed_one
06-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know anything about the early releases Obama was talking about for Missouri?

momother
06-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know anything about the early releases Obama was talking about for Missouri?
I did not hear that but it would be great. I really think that Mo. would have to pass into law to decrease the percentage that must be served prior release. Will keep my ears open and pray for this to happen.

anklarge
06-10-2010, 09:18 PM
My boyfriend told me the % were just lower but he didn't know to what. He didn't say it had anything to do with Obama.

ghostsbabygirl
06-11-2010, 04:27 PM
A person I consider my son was just sent to prison and now Algoa a couple weeks ago for a 4yr sentence. He already has a parole out date of July 27, 2010.

I was shocked how fast they did that. No parole hearing or sit for 1/3 the time before being eligible or anything. My husband is in Oklahoma with a 4 yr sentence and won't have a parole hearing til Sept and he's been in the system since Aug. last year. Plus our governor has to sign off on any that make parole and see if the governor agrees or denies.

Good luck to all of you there in Missouri!

anklarge
06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
ghostsbaby girl -- Was your son in Fulton for processing? If so how long there before moved? How long on the 4 yr sentence will he have been locked up with the July outdate? Did he just get a letter in the mail?

ghostsbabygirl
06-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Matt was at Fulton for about 2mos I think.

He had violated parole on a 4 yr sentence and they said he had to do 4 yrs again with no back time for being out. I think they should've given him the 1+ yr he was out but when he gets out he'll have to be on probation the remainder of his 4 yrs. Plus the court dockets said yrs with no time shown taken off either.

I get all info from him so I hope he fully understands it all cause I know nothing how your alls justice system works. Matt only speaks to me and his gf. His own family hasn't made contact or accepted any calls last I heard.

So I would say within 4 -5 mos of him being arrested and court and Fulton-DOC gave him an out date. I believe he signed papers and now he's trying to return to Oklahoma since he has a case here to finish yet.

A case manager told him-no letter.

I couldn't believe he got a felony case and prison time for a scratch on the car he didn't do. If Matt did it then he would've just said yes. The case in Oklahoma he fully admits to-he was high on pot and stupid.

If I hear anything else, I'll let you know. I know he's having issues at Algoa and I have told him to get away from it and keep his mouth shut. guys trying to pull him in by association. He's young and prison dumb.

Take care!

anklarge
06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Hopefully everything works out for him.

AlwaysForHim
06-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but I haven't heard anything about Obama and early releases. Currently, Obama wants to increase funding for FEDERAL prisons which would ultimately cost state prisons even more money, sending Missouri into an even bigger deficit which could POTENTIALLY lead to the early release of certain offenders. Certain meaning non-violent offenders. The bottom line is ladies, if we want our boys out early, WE have to unite and fight for legislative action that will reduce mandatory minimums. We can't wait for something to happen because it won't. If we want to see things change, we have to be the catalyst for that change.

tksbaby
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
What can a person do to get early release after the state minimum mandatory has been served? Probation & parole wants him to spend an additional 1 year & 4 mnths locked up because they want to send him to treatment. Treatment was not court stipulated. This is his first time down. What options do we have to get him home earlier? I would appreciate any help. Thanks:confused:

Infinityandbeyond
06-30-2010, 12:33 AM
They have 3 release dates in Mo., the first being Good Time Credit Date (Earliest release date possible); the second is Conditional Release Date (which they HAVE to release them on this date unless they've racked up new criminal charges since they've been incarcerated); and last is the Max.sentence date (some refer to this as their 12/12 date).

The majority of offenders are released on the CRD, (conditional release date) according to the Parole Board.

tksbaby
07-01-2010, 10:43 AM
They have 3 release dates in Mo., the first being Good Time Credit Date (Earliest release date possible); the second is Conditional Release Date (which they HAVE to release them on this date unless they've racked up new criminal charges since they've been incarcerated); and last is the Max.sentence date (some refer to this as their 12/12 date).

The majority of offenders are released on the CRD, (conditional release date) according to the Parole Board.

The assholes CRD him even though he scored really low & is considered above average on everything; including their guidelines for release. He's already passed the good time credit date to because they dragged ass & didn't get him into treatment before hand. I swear if they were on fire i wouldn't piss on em' to put em' out!!:angry:

anklarge
08-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Has anyone heard of the new law that went into effect today? It lowered the minimum sentences. I got a call that said everyones was being lowered and it was retoactive so instead of the 50% he should not only have to do 40%. That new dates would be distributed within the next month. Did anyone else hear this?

the_charmed_one
08-29-2010, 05:14 PM
well ladys get ready for some of ur men to come home they did approve the early release in missouri and r letting 100 inmates per prison out on early release and yes they r lowering the sentence for the others as well.....they have posted it up where my husband is in prison at, and he goes in front of parole board in Oct....oh I can't wait for him to come home and I hope u other ladys get the same pressent as me and have ur man home too...

anklarge
08-29-2010, 08:36 PM
I can't find anything online. My man heard that it passed on sat and that everyone for his type of crime (assault) is 40% so even though he has an outdate he would get a new letter sometime in the next month with a lower out date. Does anyone know where this is at online or any extra info? I am trying not to get to excited but this could mean instead of 163 days to come home he would be home in 103 days.

tksbaby
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
well ladys get ready for some of ur men to come home they did approve the early release in missouri and r letting 100 inmates per prison out on early release and yes they r lowering the sentence for the others as well.....they have posted it up where my husband is in prison at, and he goes in front of parole board in Oct....oh I can't wait for him to come home and I hope u other ladys get the same pressent as me and have ur man home too...

Do you know where to find this info on the net. My husband is on the last leg of this bit. One year treatment that he WILL not do & he will be home. I'm hoping with this new early release thing, no violations, extra incentive visits & a course completed he can come home before 13 months. Please let me know how to find out more about this.

tksbaby
08-31-2010, 08:48 PM

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this? I spoke to Central Office in Jeff City as well as P&P this afternoon. They were clueless what i was talking about. So if some of our men should be coming home shortly i really don't see how since they don't know about a new approval for early release or lowering the sentence on the remaining men???? If anyone knows anything about this please post it. Thanx

anklarge
08-31-2010, 08:57 PM
I have talked with my bf and he said it was a new law that just passed on 8/28. I have researched many websites trying to find out what this new law states and can find nothing. He said he heard the rumor about the new law passing but not what is in the bill. He seems to think if they lowered the min in order to release a large number of inmates they are keeping hush hush so the media and everyone doesn't find out. I just find it hard to believe there is nothing out there about it online.

sag
08-31-2010, 11:03 PM
I believe the Mo General assembly adjourned for the year on May 16th.

They come back for a few weeks in Sept for a veto session, etc.

No law got passed Aug 28th. That is impossible.

The legislative cycle in Mo. starts up again January 2011 to May 2011.

Bills must be filed then. The earlier the better, in order to work through both the Mo House & the Senate.

Disappointing. Good luck, ladies. Keep the faith.

bex
08-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Yes, the House and Senate are finished in May....but any bills that they passed and approved are sent to the Governor - usually in June or July he signs them. All bills say "Effective date" on the top right corner.....so even when the Governor signs, unless it is an immediate effect, most have a few months before taking actual effect.

There is no way they could pass a law and the media not find out about it - all is posted on the House and Senate website for the public.

bex

mikesangel08
09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
hey everybody. the new law that is being talked about is because of a case if you go into the forums, go to law forum and it read some of the replies there will be one link to go to about this guy. edgar vs. missouri. also, don't you all think this whole thing about taking away one day and takin away one hour of our visits suck? all because of stupid budget cuts!!!!! ok, they make enough money off us do they really think it will help do take away from us and our men?? i don't think so

jamiet123
09-04-2010, 11:41 PM
@tksbaby.. The same thing happened to my husband! His good time credit was Aug 2010, but they waited until June 2010 to send him to a six month treatment. THE SYSTEM SUCKS!! You would think they would try and get the minor crime offenders out the door, but no.. I'm just glad it's almost over

The assholes CRD him even though he scored really low & is considered above average on everything; including their guidelines for release. He's already passed the good time credit date to because they dragged ass & didn't get him into treatment before hand. I swear if they were on fire i wouldn't piss on em' to put em' out!!:angry:

cynthia224
09-05-2010, 03:18 PM
A person I consider my son was just sent to prison and now Algoa a couple weeks ago for a 4yr sentence. He already has a parole out date of July 27, 2010.

I was shocked how fast they did that. No parole hearing or sit for 1/3 the time before being eligible or anything. My husband is in Oklahoma with a 4 yr sentence and won't have a parole hearing til Sept and he's been in the system since Aug. last year. Plus our governor has to sign off on any that make parole and see if the governor agrees or denies.

Good luck to all of you there in Missouri!
My husband is in JCCC across the street from Algoa. Do you know how true it is about the early release?

tksbaby
09-05-2010, 11:00 PM
@jamiellej (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/member.php?u=173378)...he still has another thirteen months to go unless by the grace of god a miracle happens & he comes home sooner. He's already done what the state minimum mandatory is, now they just wanna hold him an extra year & four months because they can i guess. Actually it was the bitch at the parole hearing that pushed for the extra time. I believe it's a conflict of interest & i have to call back to the capital on Tuesday to talk to them about this & his clemency papers. I'm trying my hardest to get him home by the end of the year or at least next spring.

anklarge
09-06-2010, 07:59 PM
@tksbaby (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/member.php?u=189154) who do you talk to when you call Central office. We are trying to get time credit that wasnt done and he is trying to file everything legally but it takes so long. Have you had any luck with calling them?

LSI1600
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM
My husband was sentenced on 9/2/10, and on the bus back from court he heard that Federal was being dropped to 65% good time out. Any one else heard of this for fed or is it only state or certain crimes?

tksbaby
09-07-2010, 01:54 PM
@tksbaby (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/member.php?u=189154) who do you talk to when you call Central office. We are trying to get time credit that wasnt done and he is trying to file everything legally but it takes so long. Have you had any luck with calling them?

I would just start with the constituent. The operator can get you through & if they can't help they can tell you who will. You'll probably get transfered a million times, just keep track of the department you end up in so you know who to bug every few weeks. I stay on em' like stink on shit or they'll drop the ball thinking you'll just go away. Don't let em' collect their paycheck for nothing. Make em' earn the damn thing. Good luck & let me know how it goes.

P.S. Be prepared to talk like a bitch with em', some of them act like they are better before you even get into the convo.

UnBReaKaBLe4LYf
11-08-2010, 10:58 AM
I think these are rumors, they go around about once every few years. Although, my husbands level dropped twice this year... but he still wont get an early release.

the_charmed_one
11-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Has anyone heard of any new laws going in effect for Missouri that will effect the inmates? My husbands cellie said there are new laws going in effect in January that do effect the inmates, I have searched and can not find anything on them, does anyone know what he is talking about?