View Full Version : Please help...halfway houses for non drug/alcohol abusers??

luvujerm
05-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone...i just found this site and its amazing and soo helpful. I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. My bf is in dedham and is up for parole very soon. He is in there for A&B and probation violation...and doesn't have a drug or alcohol problem. The problem is, he really has no family and nowhere to go when he gets out. I help him as much as I could, but I live with my family right now and need to stay here until I finish college. He wants to go to a halfway house and where he can get a job and get om his feet. The problem is, most places won't allow you to work for a certain amount of time, and put a lot of emphasis on meetings and getting clean. Most of these are great programs, but just not what he needs. He's broke, and just needs somewhere that will help him get on his feet. Is there any where like that? he just wants to get a job and hopefully put this all behind him....if anyone can help id really appreciate it!! thanks and good luck to everyone!!

Sylvia

parole_help_123
05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
. The problem is, most places won't allow you to work for a certain amount of time, and put a lot of emphasis on meetings and getting clean. Most of these are great programs, but just not what he needs. He's broke, and just needs somewhere that will help him get on his feet. Is there any where like that? he just wants to get a job and hopefully put this all behind him....if anyone can help id really appreciate it!! thanks and good luck to everyone!!

Sylvia

Actually, most places REQUIRE he work f/t. The ones that don't are called long-term residential programs. Half-way and sober homes mandate that the client MUST work full-time. There a only a few long-term treatment centers but literally hundreds of halfway and sober homes. Some are not parole-acceptable--but that's only because there's been a problem in the home that affects(ed) the parolee.

You can PM me with your location in Mass, and I'll TRY to refer you to a house that will let your guy work. Believe me: there's much more out there than he hears about while Inside.