View Full Version : Can I Obtain Credit Report for Inmate at TDCJ?

cowgirl1962
05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't know where to post this so if its in the wrong place please excuse me. My husband wants to know what his credit look like. Can they get a free copy of their credit while incarcerated? Has anyone ever tried to get one?

MamaB58
05-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Thats a little confusing. Lets see. He can write to get a credit report. I dont see why they wouldnt give it to him if he has all the info they will need. I think most give a free credit report on a yearly basis. If not, then it might get sticky if they want payment. If nobody else has a for sure way, Id look it up online and send in a email with that question and just see what they tell you. From what I remember theres Transunion, Experian and Equifax? Is that correct? This is a good question.

KathleenTX
05-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I don't know where to post this so if its in the wrong place please excuse me. My husband wants to know what his credit look like. Can they get a free copy of their credit while incarcerated? Has anyone ever tried to get one?

The web site to get your FREE one is at:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

The information should be there on how to get the free ones by mail. I don't know that they would mail it to him there - or if you would want them to - but you could have it sent to the house and just copy and mail it to him. Or just send him the pertinent information.

Watch out for other sites - if they ask you for a credit card then stop as it is not the right site.

MrsG22010
06-20-2010, 05:55 AM
I looked up my husbands credit report a fw weeks ago and mailed it to him. No problem. I also noticed that people were still checking his credit since he's gone in. So, I was able to dispute a few things for him. I felt like his little secretery. :)

Damask8
06-20-2010, 07:28 AM
my boyfriend wrote to get his, and they needed a copy of his ID. he doesn't have a copy of an ID....and he doens't know where his ID is.... (he lost it before he went in ) sooo what to do?

staycee8221
06-20-2010, 10:51 AM
as long as u know his social go online to freecreditreport.com it will let u get it i did it for my husband

MrsG22010
06-20-2010, 04:40 PM
my boyfriend wrote to get his, and they needed a copy of his ID. he doesn't have a copy of an ID....and he doens't know where his ID is.... (he lost it before he went in ) sooo what to do?

All I needed was my husbands info. It did ask a few security questions...but luckily, i knew the answers to him (ie - a ph number he use to own...a street he use to live on)

Miag
07-06-2010, 08:44 PM
I looked up my husbands credit report a fw weeks ago and mailed it to him. No problem. I also noticed that people were still checking his credit since he's gone in. So, I was able to dispute a few things for him. I felt like his little secretery. :)

Did you use as the current address your home addres or the place he is at? Im trying to get his report online, but it is not allowing me to do it... I did put the correctional address... should i use our home address as current address instead? Thank you!

mcb1303
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Did you use as the current address your home addres or the place he is at? Im trying to get his report online, but it is not allowing me to do it... I did put the correctional address... should i use our home address as current address instead? Thank you!

Credit Reports ask you for the address to verify identity. No one should have applied for Credit for him using the correctional address, so it would not be in their files as an associated address. If you use an address that has not been associated with him through applications or existing accounts it will flag your application for additional identity verification. You need to use an address he has used on a credit application or had associated with a credit account previously.