View Full Version : How long does it take to receive an inmates jpay email?

kbp
05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes for us to receive an email that an inamte has sent through Jpay? My guy said he sent one they just got it at Parnall and I dont see it in my account.

fwhite02
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I wish that my husband could e-mail me but, they do not have that were he is. I wonder why they don't have that at all the facilites? That would be a good idea.

jlzkmm
05-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I've received emails within 2 hours of him sending me one and I've had some take over 8 days to get to me. There doesn't seem to be a reason behind the inconsistent amount of time it takes for me to get emails from him.

I assume they are rolling the jpay email thing out...maybe not all facilities have it yet fwhite02...maybe there is still hope. :)

steve o
05-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes for us to receive an email that an inamte has sent through Jpay? My guy said he sent one they just got it at Parnall and I dont see it in my account.

I want to give you a little update...I was at Parnall and they have some serious problems with the turnaround of anything there. I was at 3 other facilities and Parnall by far was the worst. Mail was the slowest and for whatever reason...JPay was delayed more there than at any other facility in Jackson.

Troy'sfriend
05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
I get mine the very next day. There are 2 men there that I know. One emailed me at 10:07 am and one at 6:47pm and I got them within one minute of each other the next day. If he emailed on a Friday or weekend you probably won't get it until Monday.

Troy'sfriend
05-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Also, tell him to check his "sent" box to make sure it really was sent. Some who are unfamiliar with computers are having a hard time according to my friend.

DYMOND0311
05-27-2010, 10:50 AM
hmm..i knew they could recieve jpays, i didnt know they could send them back to us?

Troy'sfriend
05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
In Michigan the only 2 facilities that have return jpays available so far is Cooper St. and Parnall but the rest will get them eventually. It took almost 6 weeks for Parnall to get installed and up and running.

LisaW
06-01-2010, 11:47 AM
my husband is at cooper st. i don't see anywhere where i can attach stamps so he can send me e-mails back

jlzkmm
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
my husband is at cooper st. i don't see anywhere where i can attach stamps so he can send me e-mails back

My guy has received 20 free stamps at Cooper St. I've never seen where I can attach stamps so he can email me back....

niki7732
06-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Ugh Parnall is aweful with mail! And now email! My man said that they got 10 stamps but I don't see a way to add stamps to his account. Anyone know how?!

LisaW
06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
jlzkmm and niki7732 can you confirm that they did get free jpay stamps. I am kind of fuming now. he has been back at cooper a week and have not received anything. I know i won't get lots of mail right away(if ever..lol) but last i knew they got one free envelope and sheet of paper. his selfishness again got him put back in AGAIN and if he tells me he traded his free envelope for something for himself(especially if he said he was hungry) i am pretty much done. It is a small thing I know but he has pulled this kind of crap for the last 4 years and only thought of himself...he knew i was looking forward to hearing from him since we can't talk for awhile !! how do they use the free stamps..can they only write to those that write them ??

Troy'sfriend
06-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I emailed jpay and they say there's no way for us to send them stamps. They were very vague in their reply. However, my friend was told they get 10/month; now whether that's true or not only time will tell. If they are replying to our email that we paid for and nothing was printed so there's no cost, then there should be no cost for the return email from them to us. Just my two cents of course:) The profit for the doc now will be huge with no paper and ink expense.

walkermom
06-03-2010, 06:42 AM
My son is at Cooper. And a lot of the time the kiosk where the computer is located is down(not working). I sent him an email several days ago and as of last night he still had not received it. They can't do anything if the kiosk is down.
Their being able to send email back (only to someone that has already sent them an email) is new and in a "pilot" phase at the 2 Jackson facilities.
I would advise you not to panic, and rely on phone calls as a backup to the email.
You can't send them stamps, they do get 10 a month and what they don't use is carried over to the next month.
When you use jpay to send email, don't forget that each photo that you attach costs you a stamp. Sending photos may be less expensive by snail mail, and they can't print them in color, only black and white. When they get the email with photos they can see them in color.
There is also nothing posted about how many emails are kept in their inbox history, or when they delete the old messages. I would imagine that since this is a fairly new thing, they haven't decided that and won't until they see how much use it gets.
ALL emails are read, just like snail mail, before being handed out to an inmate, so be careful what you put in your messages.

jlzkmm
06-03-2010, 10:37 AM
jlzkmm and niki7732 can you confirm that they did get free jpay stamps. I am kind of fuming now. he has been back at cooper a week and have not received anything. I know i won't get lots of mail right away(if ever..lol) but last i knew they got one free envelope and sheet of paper. his selfishness again got him put back in AGAIN and if he tells me he traded his free envelope for something for himself(especially if he said he was hungry) i am pretty much done. It is a small thing I know but he has pulled this kind of crap for the last 4 years and only thought of himself...he knew i was looking forward to hearing from him since we can't talk for awhile !! how do they use the free stamps..can they only write to those that write them ??

lisaw...Yes, my guy received 10 free jpay stamps in April and 10 free jpay stamps in May. I didn't ask him about June though. My personal guess is that after a while the free stamps will stop. I suspect that this is a special introductory thing to get everyone hooked on the jpay email thing and then like everything else once we are all hooked they will make the guys buy stamps and no longer give the 10 free ones a month... But that is just my opinion. If you can swing it and he is at Cooper St. I would buy the smallest amount of stamps possible from jpay (I think it is 20 stamps for $5.00) and drop him an email and then he can email you back.... Im sorry you are back and he is back in. :( Good luck girl!

jlzkmm
06-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Ugh Parnall is aweful with mail! And now email! My man said that they got 10 stamps but I don't see a way to add stamps to his account. Anyone know how?!

niki7732...Maybe since they get 10 free ones they aren't allowed to buy more stamps or us add stamps to their account for now. I'm guessing it is a part of the "pilot program" and maybe MDOC wants to limit the number of emails going out until they see how it all works and they figure out a way for them to make money on the process before we can add stamps to their account or they can buy jpay stamps....

Jenny331
06-22-2010, 11:35 AM
I just sent a JPay email to my son and the message response said it would take up to 48 hours for him to receive it. I will let you know when I hear that he got it.

ilovecharles
06-26-2010, 09:19 AM
My husband sent one out from his facility on Sunday and I had it in my email monday morning. He also received 10 free stamps for the month of June (the month it was set up)

we are still trying to figure out the webcam thing. if it is the facility watching them when they log on or what... one step at a time i guess.

JJSTDS
06-29-2010, 07:13 PM
I like having jpay back from him at Cooper. Can't peg why some are the same day and some take a week but it is nice to get a note from him in my inbox during my work day. I'd gladly fund his stamps to have him be able to send me a little sunshine

ilovecharles
07-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I like having jpay back from him at Cooper. Can't peg why some are the same day and some take a week but it is nice to get a note from him in my inbox during my work day. I'd gladly fund his stamps to have him be able to send me a little sunshine

the first one I received from my husband took only a night, he said he sent one a few days ago and I still havent gotten it. I wonder if it has anything to do with when they read them or something