View Full Version : Parole setbacks!!!

closer2mydreamz
02-25-2004, 04:47 PM
How many of you ladies have had to go through parole denials?
In November I had to experience my first one. Then I had to be the one to tell him it was denied...they hadn't told him when I called and got the answer.
It was like my world fell apart.....because I wanted him to make it so bad. He comes up again November 2005....I am working on him a parole packet. I hope it helps. I know there is a slim chance he will make it.....unless it's God's will for him to come home. He has a aggravated offense and also his max out date is 2013. I figure they will make him get as close to that as possible.
So how many of you have been there with the parole denial?

love-austin
02-25-2004, 04:51 PM
What is a "parole packet"?

closer2mydreamz
02-25-2004, 04:54 PM
where you write support letters from family and friends. you also have him write what his plans are once he is release....just something to show that someone on the outside cares. Sometimes it helps...sometimes it doesn't.

myaebonydiamond
03-05-2004, 06:39 PM
My baby was just denied parole. He came up for parole in December and I kept on calling to find out if they had made a decision. Well, the day before Valentine's Day I called them and they told me he was denied. I was so disappointed especially with the holiday arriving. I went to visit my sweetie the next day and he was so happy to see me and was talking about how he couldn't wait to come home. He didn't know! But he could tell there was something wrong because of the expression on my face and that's when I told him. I could see the pain in his eyes and I didn't want to hurt him or be the bearer of bad news. He tried hard to hide it from me and kids but I still saw it. The parole board did however gave him a 1 yr. setoff or setback, whatever you call it. So they want to see him again next year. I hope he makes parole this time. I will be starting him a parole packet this time.

MISHELL
03-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Well I have been through it three times and we had the packets all three times. The first time they gave him a year denial because he has a very bad temper and had to many discliplinaries and that made me mad as h-e-double hockey sticks at him cause I told him over and over again to stop letting people get to him. The second time was for 3 months because he is suppose to get evaluated before he comes home so that wasn't his fault and the third was because they never evaluated him which wasn't his fault either, so now I am very upset with the physican there for not doing their job. And when you know that he has done all that he is suppose to do and he gets denied because they aren't doing their job makes it that much harder to deal with. And I had to tell him the last time and that made me even madder. So now I have to wait 3 months or when he is evaluated which ever comes first before my baby gets to come home, but only if he is evaluated first. I have been calling the lady everyday trying to put a rush on the evaluation, they need to quit messing with my baby and let him come home.

jasonsmyhoney
03-10-2004, 06:00 PM
girl the denial is nothing....how many of you went thru never getting your chance???? my baby was supposed to go before the board in february 2004, and they set his date back till june 2004. im really hoping that he will get a good result when he goes, but like it was earlier said....if its meant for him to come home, then he will.

MissOne
03-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Babygirl I wasn't with my man when he was up the first time, so i don't know how you feel. i just want to give you a hug. (((((((((((babygirl24))))))))))))))

closer2mydreamz
03-11-2004, 03:38 PM
thanx missone.....you are just a big old pot of honey!!! :)
or could be that you are an angel? (ohhhhhhhhh angel...my angel) :)
(courtesy of our girl anita :)

Manzanita
03-18-2004, 05:37 PM
i went through a denial and we were convinced he was coming home...two years ago...it was horrible, I cried and cried for days, I got so drunk and lost my mind...we fought, and had some issues where we almost broke up, I acted out pretty badly, at the same time I was evicted and lost a great friend, fights with some other friends, but after time, it passed and here I am today waiting for NUMBER 2......

trescheek
03-20-2004, 09:59 AM
We've been thru two denials and they are extremely hard, especially when you know you've done all that you can do ... letters to the board, taken all the programs, no disciplinaries, etc. Despite all of that, it doesn't keep us from hoping against hope when parole time rolls around and getting our hopes high. The whole process is very political and we know how that goes. I do believe that there is a type of "mourning" period after you find out they've said no ... the first time I cried for days on end but I promised myself that this last time I wasn't gonna cry about it but one day out of nowhere the flood gates opened up. But I think that release was necessary in order to move on and gear up for the next time. Going back again in 2005 and praying that God will smile on us this time ... basically after we've done all we know to do, ultimately it's in His hands and when the time is "right" my husband will be home where he belongs. I hope you have a good outcome ...

Manzanita
03-21-2004, 05:52 PM
we are hoping his chances ARE better this time and they do not hold him until his CR date which is another two years after this April parole. it is like it makes you wonder---do they have a chance really, do those packages matter, does what they do inside matter, does what they have out here matter? it sucks not knowing what his fate is...it is getting to me a bit and him too....I dont want my heart to break again and no matter what I am not prepared for it.

jade8183
03-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Please someone give me some info. My Dad is in the interstate program. he's in Flo. now he has pulled 26 years and has never been up for parole, although i have a copy of a letter from a Nancy McClure stating he would be up in 4/93 then every 3 years after that . I'm in NC I don't know who to call are where to begin . Can someone help me????????????????

jade8183
03-28-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry i left out that he is considered a Calif. inmate.I know where some of their buget money is being spent.

closer2mydreamz
03-29-2004, 11:37 AM
have you tried calling the DOC of the state he is in?
the should have an inmate status line to help you.

chrispro
03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
oh dear. sorry...
what happens when paul is up for parole 6/2016...
he is going on the facts 1. he doesnt have a body, 2. his record will be squeeky clean by then, 3. he has me at home waiting and his children 4. he will start up his exterminating business again, but he hasn't done that since 87 to 91... he went in 91. 5. his sentence was excessive..

will they accept all this or is it whatever they want to do.. he will be 55 years old...

Manzanita
03-29-2004, 05:36 PM
they really do not care how great he is in there or what he has done or what he has, or what kind of package he has, if they dont want to release him, they wont....I had a friend who went through 8 parole denials and 23 years of incarceration.

some guys get a CR date, so they can leave before the max date...if they stay behaving and all that...

forever04
04-11-2004, 01:07 AM
HI MY FIANCE SAW PAROLE IN DEC 2003, AND WAS DENIED IN MARCH THIS YEAR. HE WAS GIVEN A 4 YR SET OFF. SO I WAS THINKING IF MAYBE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME IF THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN DO TO HELP HIM GET A SHORTER SET OFF, ATLEAST 2YRS.SO HE CAN SEE PAROLE AGAIN. HE HAS DONE 10YRS OF A 4OYR SENTENCE. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

cromeswife
02-23-2007, 07:14 AM
:thumbsup: i understand how u felt cause i just recently went thru the denial issue , i felt like the whole stopped we had so many plans , but if 15 years didnt stopped us no 2 years can break us ,

OsHoney
02-23-2007, 07:52 AM
:thumbsup: i understand how u felt cause i just recently went thru the denial issue , i felt like the whole stopped we had so many plans , but if 15 years didnt stopped us no 2 years can break us ,

I can also relate to being denied at the PB, he went in 06 and was also hit with 24 months.

We really thought that he had a good chance of coming home and we prepared really well with so many letters and job opportunties that were waiting when he came home.

We'll have to prepare again, but I wonder if there is something else (better) that we can do? But I don't think so, I honestly think they have there minds made up before the actual interview.

Valentine4ever
02-23-2007, 08:33 AM
ive been through 2 and im praying three is a charm!!!!

lisamichelle
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
can I ask you......what is the parole packet?

How many of you ladies have had to go through parole denials?
In November I had to experience my first one. Then I had to be the one to tell him it was denied...they hadn't told him when I called and got the answer.
It was like my world fell apart.....because I wanted him to make it so bad. He comes up again November 2005....I am working on him a parole packet. I hope it helps. I know there is a slim chance he will make it.....unless it's God's will for him to come home. He has a aggravated offense and also his max out date is 2013. I figure they will make him get as close to that as possible.
So how many of you have been there with the parole denial?