View Full Version : My b/f is in Lychner State Jail TX /How do I get visits & calls?

restezsqueek
05-20-2010, 08:13 PM
i have a question.. my boyfriend is in jail and does not have my new address or new number? how can i visit him or get calls from him:confused:

Onaicult
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
You will probably need to write him with this information :)

ilikbenme
05-20-2010, 08:22 PM
i have a question.. my boyfriend is in jail and does not have my new address or new number? how can i visit him or get calls from him:confused:

first step is to write to him with your new information. he will take care of the rest: putting you on his visiting list and things like that. if he's in a prison or state jail you will need to register your phone number when he has you on the visit list before he can call you. check out the state forums and if you know his unit, check the unit forums. if he's still in county it will be up to him to do the details.

114644sLuvnWife
05-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Well I'd recomend going on to the jail's website and looking at the address you need to write him, and write him you new number and address, then he can add your number to his phone list and coll you, and write you letters. Also look at what you have to go to visit him. If he's in jail it will depend on the county. At the county jail here you just go to the jail get in line, get up to the sign in desk and tell them your boyfriends name, give them your ID and your in (you have to put everything except your clothes basically into a locker, and wait for them to call his name... but you get the idea). Either way, its good to see what his jail requiers.

Tina
05-20-2010, 09:08 PM
You can call the jail and get the info for writing and visiting or you can look online if the jail hes in has a website (most do, but I have ran into a few that don't). In the mean time I would write him a letter so it is all ready to go. Good Luck.

MiyraruAku
05-20-2010, 09:12 PM
The ladies offered excellent advice. I would suggest either calling the unit, the main prison telephone line , or using the official website to locate his information. From there, write him a letter explaining what new phone numbers/addresses to use. Good Luck.

restezsqueek
05-20-2010, 10:42 PM
He is in Lychner State Jail, thanks for your advice ladies! Very helpful.

Onaicult
05-20-2010, 10:59 PM
He is in Lychner State Jail, thanks for your advice ladies! Very helpful.

For TDCJ facilities, to receive calls, you will also need to register your landline phone at texasprisonphones.com (http://texasprisonphones.com) in order to receive calls. The phone number needs to be registered to someone on the inmate's visitors list, to be valid, as well :)

restezsqueek
05-21-2010, 06:49 AM
The house phone needs to be registered ?

Onaicult
05-21-2010, 07:56 AM
The house phone needs to be registered ?
If you want to receive phone calls, yes. The person's name the line is under, must be on the inmates visitors list, as well.

restezsqueek
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
How long would it take for him to get mail if I'm in houston,tx. (The jail is in humble,tx)

Onaicult
05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
How long would it take for him to get mail if I'm in houston,tx. (The jail is in humble,tx)

tdc works on their own time.... I would allow at least 4 to 5 days. I am in dallas, my husband is in lychner and 4 days is the fastest he has ever gotten mail from me.... usually it is 6 to 7 days for us. Remember that the mail is opened, and scanned before given to the inmates, so this increases the time frame some.

restezsqueek
05-21-2010, 12:06 PM
When you write your husband do you put his tdc number on the side of his name or under?. How long has your husband been in there? What is it like?

Onaicult
05-21-2010, 12:14 PM
When you write your husband do you put his tdc number on the side of his name or under?. How long has your husband been in there? What is it like?

I put it to the right of his name. He was at Kegans until Feb I believe, but has been at Lychner since then. It's really hot in the summer, he also says there's alot of smoking, tattooing, and gang activity. But he works outside, and keeps to himself, so he stays out of trouble as much as anyone can, in there.

restezsqueek
05-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I could imagine how hot it is :( My boyfriend doesn't get out until October. They have jobs in there?

$Mrs.Chavez$
05-21-2010, 01:12 PM

hey my husband is there...well this is what i did...i called the county he was at b4 they transfer him! and ask for his tdcj# they gave it to me...and i wrote him...and he was actually proud of me! cause i had to play detective...and find everything all by myself...but yeah it takes 14days to get approve for a visit...and it took me a month to hear from my husband...cause they had to go threw processing and some other things...

good luck =]]

Onaicult
05-21-2010, 01:17 PM
I could imagine how hot it is :( My boyfriend doesn't get out until October. They have jobs in there?
Yes, they have jobs, but they are not paid. It helps to pass the time, though.

restezsqueek
05-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I got his tdcj # from the website, now I'm going to write him all my information. It sucks though bc he doesn't have commissary so I don't think he will get to write me back or call me. Can I go to ace & send him money? He has only been at lychner for 2weeks now.

ilikbenme
05-21-2010, 07:17 PM
you can either send him money...western union, jpay and there's a couple other ways but do not send it directly to him. if he doesn't have money he can apply for indigent pac which does have a few sheets of paper and a couple envelopes and stamps. the tdcj website has a handbook for inmate's family's that has some of the rules but not all of them. this is where you can also find out what ways to send money and such.

restezsqueek
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks ladies. I can't wait for him to get out! 6 long monthssss :(

Onaicult
05-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks ladies. I can't wait for him to get out! 6 long monthssss :(

Sorry, I didn't see your other post yesterday. It's hard, but it will be over before you know it! And we're here for you in the meantime :thumbsup::)

Tx Prison Books
05-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Our son works in the kitchen so yes they work. Tell your love ones to enroll in as many education classes as they can. that is the only a/c they can get.