View Full Version : Headed to Carswell 6/8/10

halvan
05-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Anyone have any advice for a mom headed to Carswell, a long way from home, for 24 mos? :confused: or her hubby?

Sis of sis
05-15-2010, 11:15 AM
There is a pretty river that you can see on the camp side if that's where you are going. When I've visited I see lots of kids.
Don't ask what the women's crimes are. When you make friends they may tell you or not.

mommaof5
05-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Sorry your Mom is going away...mine came home this past Fall from Carswell. She did about 27 mo of a 33 mo sentence. Letters, visits, emails and phone calls will be important!! Im not going to sugar coat it and say it is glamourous, but there are a lot worse places she could be sent. I am assuming she will be going to the Camp...it is an open area there only place that is fenced in is the outside visiting area. There rooms are in a old Motel 6 the food is less than desirable a lot of starches....my Mom lived on Ramen Noodles from the Commissary...they have lots of recipes and you would be suprised at some of the things they come up with.

If you have an specific questions feel free to pm me or ask anyone on here they will be more than happy to help you.

Best of luck to your family

jenspigsfly
06-14-2010, 11:31 PM
how is your mom adjusting back at home?