View Full Version : A few questions please about phones at TDCJ

ThePoetsWife
05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi, I have a few questions can someone help me?

1. Anyone else's husband have a problem with the phone not being able to come through, yet CBS says that the line is not blocked, and he has tried to use the phone card that he got at the commissory and even that is not working?

2. Are we allowed to bring an umbrella or sunglasses in?

3. Anyone know when the next lockdown is? I heard that there is suppose to be one coming up soon.

Thank you for your help.

ShoesHappen
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM
1. No clue.
2. Depends on who is working. Sunglasses are usually a no-go, umbrellas are generally ok, but they have to be left in the front of the building where you get your seating assignment.
3. No one ever knows for sure, the semi-annual, which lasts a week or two, should be coming up, last one was in October I think. Unless someone tries to escape, calls a Senator from a cell phone, has the chaplain smuggle letters, or other shenanigans, in that case they may go on a shorter one.

RedzReyna
05-20-2010, 11:53 AM

1. Anyone else's husband have a problem with the phone not being able to come through, yet CBS says that the line is not blocked, and he has tried to use the phone card that he got at the commissory and even that is not working?

What error is he getting when he is trying to call?

Is the # registered the same as the one on his visiting list - I have heard of this being a problem. Or is it that he is just having trouble getting the system to recognize the way he recorded his name. If he is then he can put in a request to re-record his name.

ShoesHappen
05-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Is the # registered the same as the one on his visiting list - I have heard of this being a problem.

Actually, the number on the visitor list is completely different from both numbers I've registered. Embarq only requires the name to match, not even the address.
I made sure to ask a few weeks ago when I registered due to moving, since neither the phone number nor address on the visitor list matched when I enrolled.

Onaicult
05-20-2010, 10:29 PM

1. Anyone else's husband have a problem with the phone not being able to come through, yet CBS says that the line is not blocked, and he has tried to use the phone card that he got at the commissory and even that is not working? have you verified with your landline provider, that collect calls are not blocked?

2. Are we allowed to bring an umbrella or sunglasses in? not at any of the units or county jails I have ever been to.

3. Anyone know when the next lockdown is? I heard that there is suppose to be one coming up soon. this depends on the unit you're talking about. my husband's unit just went through a semi-annual lockdown. Sometimes there are rumors before a lockdown, but they don't really tell the guys when they are going on lockdown, or it would sort of defeat the purpose. *edit* I see this is in polunsky unit. i have heard it is coming up, but there won't be an exact date given before-hand.

Thank you for your help.
hope this helps :)

Faith & God
05-21-2010, 07:40 AM
My husband told me they are not having annually lock down's any longer.he was told they have a special team now just goes from unit to unit doing shakedowns. But as we all know TDCJ changes every day.lol take care & God Bless

ShoesHappen
05-21-2010, 11:32 AM
this depends on the unit you're talking about.

Well, since this is posted in the Polunsky forum I figured her questions would apply to that particular unit only. But I could be wrong :D