View Full Version : Pre-release bloodwork at TDCJ

05-11-2010, 01:18 PM
My husband was called down to the lab for a DNA sample and just recently had a TB test done. Is this something they do prior to release and if so, how long before? He isn't due for release until Mar 10, 2011.

05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
My son was at SAFP twice which is a TDC program - prior to his release he did have blood work done but I'm not sure of the DNA sample.

I'm sure someone will be along soon that can offer your better information.

05-21-2010, 11:08 AM
DNA is a required (I blelieve retest) done before release...
they take one when you get there too. the "out" dna can be done long before release or the week before. Mine was done at the Walls 2 days before I got out.
If he hasn't heard anything about leaving, it's unlikely this is any kind of weird indicator that they're letting him go early though====
probably just mandatory weird tdc and medical stuff / truly there's a lot of head up their ass things that go on in there. But if you've got a release date that's your most accurate indicator! Best Wishes...

06-02-2015, 08:01 AM
I know this is an old thread, but for anyone like myself looking for info and come across this I just wanted to put correct info here!

DNA blood work is done up entry, going in.... not coming out! Coming out, release blood work, labs... this is simply for communicable diseases! My husband is due to be released in September of this year and the home plan has been approved 2 weeks ago, and he did his labs today! Everyone is saying he's getting out before September, but I have found no indications of this! So, as of now, my experience is showing that the process can be done days, weeks, or months prior to release! Of course, this is great because when the time comes to be released we won't have all this to wait on!

I will definitely update my situation for others!

06-02-2015, 09:01 PM
There are some where the CODIS draw is done on the back-end precisely because the process was not in place when they were received into TDCJ custody.

That being said, the draws do not guarantee a release will occur. It simply means that he is in the review process with a potential release date within a six-month window of time.

06-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Well, my husband is coming home! He got his vote back in March!