View Full Version : Why! Why! Why!

Willssweetie
02-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Someone please explain to me why Will has been sitting in county for almost 11 months and still has no idea when he will be released. No one will tell us anything. Other inmates who are sentenced to lesser time than Will have already been taken on to diagnostics(Will is serving 3). Sorry if I sound like a cry baby but this whole ordeal has been very frustrating :pissed: for both of us. I think it would be easier for me if I knew an estimated release date. At least this way I would have a date to look forward to. Thanks for ya'll letting a depressed woman vent. Everyone take care.

NatureJunkee
02-23-2004, 06:57 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this. I am a little unclear from your post exactly what the situation is. Is he still waiting to be sentenced? Or, did they sentence him, but just haven't moved him yet? I am not from Georgia so I probably can't help, but maybe putting a little more information out will get more responses. In any case, I know it is really miserable in County and I hope he is able to get moved soon.

Willssweetie
02-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks NatureJunkee. Will has already been sentenced. Serving 3 years. He has no other court dates. Just waiting for Georgia Department of Corrections to get off their bum and do something.

NatureJunkee
02-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Bless his heart! I wonder if you should post a poll asking how long people in Georgia have had a loved-one sitting in County? At least that way, you might have a feel for whether or not this is normal for Georgia. In any event, I am sorry for you both.

JustTami
02-23-2004, 08:08 PM
My guy sat in county for just onder 1 year before actually being taken to the prison. He's been there nearly three weeks, and still, has yet to find out his release date. We figured it on our own, but the good time and all that works so weird that it hard to really know. I thought that they had all the physicals and the testing and all that done right away. He's not talked to one single employee yet.

Willssweetie
02-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Thank you again NatureJunkee. A poll is a good idea.

Kat
02-24-2004, 12:01 PM
mine was in co 3 months before being moved to dignostics,He was there for 7 months before being moved again,Hope this helps some