View Full Version : Anyone who has ever visited Chino?

MizzCandy
02-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Okay ladies, My honey is being moved within the nexr three weeks! I need all the scoop on visiting from people who have been there! lease help me out! I need to know whats it like, what time do I need to arrive to see him? How strict are they with clothes? Help me out ladies?

puppy204
02-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Ok. Last time i wore a pair of blur jeans. They told me that's not allowed. SO I stayed outside and waited for my mom to get out of there from visiting my brother. Just don't wear jeans. Just get there about 7am, cuz the line will be a real B****. Bring him food, if there's contact visit. That's what I did and it felt like having a Sunday picnic at a park. I suggest that when you bring a purse leave the unnessary things in the car and bring in what you need. Cuz you don't want them to say "no you can't brings this in" and you have to walk about a mile to your car and lock it up and you might lose your place in line.

puppy204
02-24-2004, 09:11 PM
OoO i forgot, if you bring him food bring plastic spoons or forks.

MizzCandy
02-25-2004, 09:59 AM
So you can bring your own food? And I can bring my purse? Not a clear one? Are you for real? WOW! Well Thanks!

Do I have to wait and get re approved to visit him?

Mrs.L
02-25-2004, 03:33 PM
If you are talking about the prison and not the camp, yes you have to wait to be aproved. He needs to send you the form. No you can not bring in your own food or a purse. Only a clear plastic bag or small clear purse with a max of thirty dollars per adult. No blue clothing, no beige tops or green bottoms. Go to the California Department of Corrections website and it will give you a lot of information on visiting.

MizzCandy
02-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Mrs. L so even if I am approved to visit him at CMC EAST in San Luis Obispo?

AmandaB
02-26-2004, 05:14 AM
Austinsgirl,
If you want a copy of the "visitors handbook" from Chino, email or pm me and I'll scan it and send it over -k- bye

francis
02-27-2004, 04:21 AM
hi Austin'sgirl!
i am so happy for you, i remember back in nov when i first joined you thought he would be their, then he wasn't so i am glad it came to fruition!!

so, you may have done this but, if not, call 909-597-1821, then press 1, then press 1 for visiting, then you have to know where he is located, there are 4 areas, and when you press either, 1,2,3,4 they give you the nitty gritty...

after you press the first one, if you want to find out mail rules, there is a number for that, too

i have not been there to visit...
i know they say it is a prison without walls...
they can't get books, unless they are classified like pwc or something like that, which is hard to get, it has to do with their working classification..

depending where he is located, i know they can eventually work, and then get to use the phone every other day, and i know they a bunch of certificate programs, for like anger management, drugs, dealing with life..

is this his final destination..

best and peace to you and yours-
francis

MizzCandy
02-27-2004, 07:33 AM
Hey Francis,

Thank God he is finally there! (Well Almost) but thank you for remembering me! He probally wont be working he has a work release from the doctor, but this is our final step to getting him home! Yippy! have about 9 more months! I will keep you updated I just wanted to make sure its pretty much the same as where I am now. Thanks!

Mrs.L
02-27-2004, 01:43 PM
You should be approved at all prisons if you have been approved to visit. I did not have a problem when my husband was transfered from reception but I have read some of the posts that say that some have had a problem. Check with Chino, they seemed to be helpful. I do not know about the prison with out walls thing but I never had to wait for hours to be processed or to see him. I do not know if that was true for everyone. There were always quite a few people there no matter the day. I have no idea how crowded it is now that visiting days have been cut back. Good luck. :p