View Full Version : where are the girls with the 411??

missuleroi
05-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Was wondering where the women are that can tell anyone about what it's like after they have come and gone?? I would like any kind of info for any of the women's units that I can get. I know there is a little out there, but other than the one from a few years ago cijjack or something like that, there hasn't been much detailed info. Can anyone elaborate on Carswell inside? What to tell people trying to visit? What programs are available, or were at the time you were there, etc etc. Is it dangerous to tell stuff, is that why no one really speaks about it or do you just want to be done with that part of your life? I know that when I get out, I will personally put stuff here that I experienced so that the newbies won't be near as scared as I am with no knowledge. I know they tell you stuff when you get there, but I would prefer to have some basic knowledge beforehand. Any help is appreciated.

Sis of sis
05-04-2010, 01:26 PM
My sister is on the medical side. Unless you have a medical issue you probably will go to the camp side with only 24 months.
Sis used to work as a 411 operator, but she needed to work on her 2255. Now she does some menial job.
I go to this site to find ways that I can help her. I don't know why those released aren't here. Maybe you are right--they want to put it behind them.

missuleroi
05-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what is a 2255? Also, your sister is on the medical side? Does she have a serious condition? I have a heart issue and require meds and was trying to figure out if it would be better to be in the medical or camp side? Any thoughts? I also am supposed to use a cpap for my snoring and don't have one and am kinda scared about how much it will irritate others. I am hoping that I don't get beat up over it since I can't help it, but it is really bad and LOUD....lol

halvan
05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Are you surrendering to Carswell soon, I will be there on 6/8/10...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what is a 2255? Also, your sister is on the medical side? Does she have a serious condition? I have a heart issue and require meds and was trying to figure out if it would be better to be in the medical or camp side? Any thoughts? I also am supposed to use a cpap for my snoring and don't have one and am kinda scared about how much it will irritate others. I am hoping that I don't get beat up over it since I can't help it, but it is really bad and LOUD....lol

missuleroi
05-14-2010, 10:23 AM
supposed to be the end of the summer before I go anywhere. Not sure exactly where I will be, but pm me your name and i will look for you if that's where they send me. I am making a drastic assumption that's where I will go, but you know the BOP, they do what they want. how long you got?

mommaof5
05-16-2010, 03:29 AM
I can tell you this the medical care there is piss poor, I dont know if they will allow you to bring your CPAP with you..of course bring any documentation by your doctor. Dont get me wrong there are worse places you could be sent but by no means is Carswell a glamourous place. If you are on the camp side it is an open area they house you in an old motel 6 there are 3 to 4 women per room with bunk beds...my mom bought a radio and headphones to help block out noises the CO's are inconsiderate and slam the doors all hours of the night when they do bed checks.

The food...well lets just say she learned to like Ramen Noodles and there are ways to cook things they have a bunch of little recipes made with items from the Commissary. Of course be careful who you be friend...there are trouble makers that will try to make your stay miserable especially if you are there on a short sentence. She had a group of ladies that she played cards with she learned to crochet which helped pass a lot of time, reading, watching tv from what I understand isnt worth the battle...there are groups of women that monopolize the tv and like to watch cartoons, she spent sometime watching Biblical Movies in the Chapel. Mail call and email will be your life line to the outside world.

If there is anything specific you would like to know feel free to pm me or anyone else on here there are a lot of nice people on this site willing to help and answer your questions.

Best of luck

halvan
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Momma of 6?!? That is quite an accomplishment, I can't imagine how you have time to get on the internet!
Thanks for the info, is your mom still there? Can you tell me about visits, it is kid friendly, my boys are 3 & 5...
Also, does she have access to email, how does it work?

I can tell you this the medical care there is piss poor, I dont know if they will allow you to bring your CPAP with you..of course bring any documentation by your doctor. Dont get me wrong there are worse places you could be sent but by no means is Carswell a glamourous place. If you are on the camp side it is an open area they house you in an old motel 6 there are 3 to 4 women per room with bunk beds...my mom bought a radio and headphones to help block out noises the CO's are inconsiderate and slam the doors all hours of the night when they do bed checks.

The food...well lets just say she learned to like Ramen Noodles and there are ways to cook things they have a bunch of little recipes made with items from the Commissary. Of course be careful who you be friend...there are trouble makers that will try to make your stay miserable especially if you are there on a short sentence. She had a group of ladies that she played cards with she learned to crochet which helped pass a lot of time, reading, watching tv from what I understand isnt worth the battle...there are groups of women that monopolize the tv and like to watch cartoons, she spent sometime watching Biblical Movies in the Chapel. Mail call and email will be your life line to the outside world.

If there is anything specific you would like to know feel free to pm me or anyone else on here there are a lot of nice people on this site willing to help and answer your questions.

Best of luck

mommaof5
05-19-2010, 01:42 AM
She was released last August and is adjusting ok to being home...she & I are having some issues. Number 6 is my stepdaughter & thankfully she doesnt live with me any more thats a whole other story in itself.

Visitation is in a room that reminded me of an old school cafeteria...they have a playroom for the kids & a tv room where you can watch movies with your kiddos. They have an outside area that they open up after the 10 o'clock count on the weekends. They have vending machines with sandwiches, chips etc....my suggestion is whatever you think you might eat purchase when they first get there because they empty out quickly. Depending on who the CO is in the visiting room whether you will be allowed for your older child to sit on your lap some of them are fairly laid back & others are rather anal.

I would recommend bringing a jacket for the little ones sometimes the visitors area gets kinda chilly & other times it is hotter than blue blazes. It is loud and noisy in there.

Any other questions I can answer I will be more than happy to...best of luck & hurry home!