View Full Version : Should I call the Parole office?

cherin21
05-03-2010, 09:07 PM
so my fiance got parole last thursday. hes telling me the office is in framingham and call them to make sure they got the paperwork and set something up so they can check out the house and he can get out on his date which is next thursday. my question is i dont want to seem like a pain to these people so do i call them to set something up or should i wait for them to call? i want to make sure he gets out on his date his 3 yr old son is waiting for him to take him fishing. please help i dont know what to do.

parole_help_123
05-04-2010, 06:28 AM
so my fiance got parole last thursday. hes telling me the office is in framingham and call them to make sure they got the paperwork and set something up so they can check out the house and he can get out on his date which is next thursday. my question is i dont want to seem like a pain to these people :D so do i call them to set something up or should i wait for them to call? i want to make sure he gets out on his date his 3 yr old son is waiting for him to take him fishing. please help i dont know what to do.

Do you mean THIS Thursday, or a week-and-a-half from now? If it's the latter, I would wait until Friday and then call and ask for the PO who covers your town and leave a voice-mail in which you say you just wanted to give your cell-phone or work phone (because your fiancee only gave the IPO your home phone) so you can make sure you can be around for the PO to meet you and go over the home investigation. That reason/explanation never bothers me and no one will think you're a pain to "us people." :D

If his date is this week, I'd call too. If you need the number you can PM me, and I'll try to check tonight when I'm off-duty.

Good luck!!!

cherin21
05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
thank you!!! he gets out next thursday.. do they usually check the house last minute?

parole_help_123
05-05-2010, 07:05 AM
thank you!!! he gets out next thursday.. do they usually check the house last minute?

"Last minute" might be different between you and us. We try not to do anything last minute. We try to complete a home investigation three to four days ahead of the inmate's parole reserve date. Please remember we all have parolees that are already in the community that need help or crisis intervention, and they are priority.

When an inmate gets a "reserve date" from the Parole Board, it simply means that that day is the earliest day the inmate can be paroled--not THE day. All parole officers in this state endeavor to get a inmate paroled on their reserve date--it's just not always possible with all the trillions of things we need to fit into our extraordinarily hectic schedules.

Please be patient and re-read my first post to you about the simple message you can leave about being concerned with supplying the PO with an alternate phone number.

Good luck with everything. :)

cherin21
05-05-2010, 07:45 AM
got it. ill take your advice and just go from there. thank you for answering my ?'s!!!!