View Full Version : What happens if they have no address????

hessie30
05-03-2010, 10:21 AM
My ex-husband will be getting out in 6 months or so and wants to use my address for his PO. If he is homeless and doesn't have an address will they not release him? I am just torn about what to do on this one. He's not going to come live with me under any circumstances but I can help him get into a half way home or something like that. Shoot I thought I was divorced from this man :) How hard is it to have his probation changed from one county to another?

Ldawg14
05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Well my friend was gonna change his probation from charleston to FL and it was gonna be a couple hundred dollars. Not sure about within the state.

missingtyrone
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I was told that if the person is "maxing out" meaning they were a "violent offender" and had to serve 85% of their time that there is NO way they can hold them on their release date. They HAVE to let them out, BUT they HAVE to have a valid address to give to the PO when they report (which is suppose to be that SAME day they get out) and if they dont then they can lock them back up in the county for violation.....I would suggest calling a half way house BEFORE he gets out and set it up so he can give his PO the information THAT DAY he goes up there to fill out the paperwork......

charlie2005
05-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I need to know if they need to have a address when the inmate gets out of prison. My brothers girlfriend is getting out on June 1st. My Brother lives with my Husband and I. I don't want to get involved in all this stuff, I have a step daughter who lives with us. I just don't want any trouble. I don't know my Brother's girlfriend hardly at all. Could somebody please help me with this???

bigcat22
05-06-2010, 05:48 AM
I need to know if they need to have a address when the inmate gets out of prison. My brothers girlfriend is getting out on June 1st. My Brother lives with my Husband and I. I don't want to get involved in all this stuff, I have a step daughter who lives with us. I just don't want any trouble. I don't know my Brother's girlfriend hardly at all. Could somebody please help me with this???
Is she maxing out, or is it parole/probation?
If it is max out they just let you go. Parole/Probation requires an address. An agent will verify the address by visiting the location before the person is released. After release, an agent will visit once every six months or so.

Momtofour
07-25-2010, 05:04 PM
In South Carolina is purchasing a cell phone right away a parole requirement?