View Full Version : How much time do you think My Boyfriend will get????

Jamiefaith
04-28-2010, 07:49 AM
I just wanted to know if anyone has any loved ones charged for the same thing my boyfriend is being charged with, and what time they were given. If you could help me in anyway with your personal experience please do so, I just need some sort of idea and what kinda time we are looking at. Thanks in advanced!!!

He was charged with COnspiracy with in tent to distribute cocaine and Crack coaine of 50 grams or more. There were 10 people on the inditment paperwork. He was towards the bottom of the list of people, i heard this helps. I heard the lower you are on the list, the lessor your charges, but honestly i don't know.

All imput is welccome and appreciated. Please add me to your friends lists as well becuase i haven't figured out how to do that yet. :):confused:

badwsc
04-28-2010, 08:33 AM
You can get on the Dea website and there is a list of times for the amount of drugs you were caught with, also alot has to do with was there a gun involved, is he a first time offender, is he being cooperative or not, will he get a more lenient judge or one that is straight by the guidelines. There is alot of what if's, but hopefully his lawyer should be able to give you a pretty good idea of what the worst could be. Good Luck

Jamiefaith
04-28-2010, 08:39 AM
What is the DEA website, do you know it? He did not have any guns or weapons of any kind. The only other offense he had was his Youthful offender offense, he is being cooperative, but he hasn't even met with his lawyer yet, and no court dates are scheduled as of yet. He's only 23, i sure hope that the judge he does get doesn't make an example out of him, he's so young with so much potentential. Thanks for your imput, i appreicite it!

Fserna
04-28-2010, 08:52 AM
dea.gov

concernedgf
04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone has any loved ones charged for the same thing my boyfriend is being charged with, and what time they were given. If you could help me in anyway with your personal experience please do so, I just need some sort of idea and what kinda time we are looking at. Thanks in advanced!!!

He was charged with COnspiracy with in tent to distribute cocaine and Crack coaine of 50 grams or more. There were 10 people on the inditment paperwork. He was towards the bottom of the list of people, i heard this helps. I heard the lower you are on the list, the lessor your charges, but honestly i don't know.

All imput is welccome and appreciated. Please add me to your friends lists as well becuase i haven't figured out how to do that yet. :):confused:

Hey Jaime I feel your pain My Bf is also incarcerated at this very moment for possesion 0f crack cociane with the intenet to distribute :( To answer your question It's kind of hard to give you an estimate about how much time he will serve every case is diffrent & he has something extra things that could possibly work against him for example you say he was charged with 10 other ppl & they are trying to hit him with conspiracy OUCH!!!! I know that from other ppls experience sometimes conspiracy alone holds a stiff sentence as far as the 50grams of crack cocaine that type of weight also carrys a very harsh sentence I'm talking possibly 10yrs & up, Thats why at this very moment Congress are trying to get these laws changed to do away with mandatory minimums, I swear since my bf has been arrrested all I do is look up info about the law & I have found some very good info, you'd be surprise what a lil bit of research can do :) I know its hard but my motto is to "hope for the best, but prepare yourself for the worst". And if you can try & get a good lawyer but if you cant just try & stay on his PD and ask plenty of questions & where ever the PD is slacking you & ur Bf do your best to try & put the pieces together, Anyway I hope all works out for you & ur hunny!!!!!!!

Joshua's Mom
04-28-2010, 03:31 PM
As the other people has said it's really hard to say how much time he will get. My son was charged with conspiracy to manufacture & distribute meth. He was indicted with 3 other people. He was not caught with any meth on him, but got charged with all the sudafed everyone on his indictment had purchased. He was basically the fall guy. According to the guidelines he was looking at 7 to 20 years. He had no priors, this was the first time he had ever been in trouble with the law, and he ended up getting five years. The judges do no have to follow the guidelines, they are just that, guidelines, and I thank God every day that he had a judge who did not. Just thought it might make you feel better knowing that there is a possibility that he will be sentenced under the guidelines. Best of luck to both of you.

cwgirlup
04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
I was caught with a total of 100,000 of drugs. Every drugs possible. I got 5 years fed and 5 years on papers. Good luck.

Jamiefaith
04-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the feed back...Do you know how they prosicute meth? Is it as harsh as the crack cocaine laws???

L2LUBOO
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
My husband was charged with conspiracy(cocaine) he was the second last person on the indictment. He had prior convictions and ended up with a 56 months sentence. A friends also in the case closer to the top of the indictment with no priors received the choice of 5 years probation or 6 months in jail. The biggest predictors is prior convictions and also cooperation with the Feds. The judge is also a big factor in the sentence you get.

esnshahada
04-29-2010, 10:21 PM
A lot of things are factored in so it is hard to guestimate. You said he is being cooperative does that mean he is a cooperating witness? If this is the case and he testifies against his co defendants, he shouldn't get that much time. Best Wishes!

Jamiefaith
04-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Well he hasn't really cooperated, i mean he hasn't even met with his lawyer yet, he wont snitch, he said he's rather do 20 years then to be labeled a snitch the rest of his life, at this point we are just waiting, hoping for the best and expecting the worst. I'm just trying to get some feedback as to what kinda time he'll be looking at from other peoples experiences. Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming. The more the merrier...

bellisq
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Conspiracy to distribute crack has a 10 years to life sentence. Is he going to be convicted of both Cocaine and crack charges? That can up the time. Your question about being lower on the conspiracy list could mean he had a lower level job in the group, but that has no bearing on the outcome of the sentencing. All members face the same punishment because the total amount of drugs goes against everybody.

The only people getting breaks are cooperators. It is not unusual to see the big fish getting a signifcantly lower sentence that people who were much less involved.

USSC.gov has the guideline info in the manual section. It takes time to go through it, but it is doable. Also, if a gun was involved, it will boost the sentence up significantly.

Jamiefaith
04-30-2010, 11:18 AM
No gun. No snitchin he will cooperate with. So basically ur telling me hes looking at 10-life with no prior arrests. The system is fuked up. I hate the usa. Maybe if we all get together we can somehow make some necessary changes. My life sucks n my day just got worse. FML

Joshua's Mom
04-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Don't give up hope! Like I told you earlier, my son was looking at 7 to 20 and got 5. He also did NOT snitch. Like your boyfriend, he said he'd rather do all his time than snitch. The other three on his indictment all had priors and my son had none, and two of them got less time than he did. I would guess those two snitched. I know how you feel. I was a nervous wreck wondering what was giong to happen to my son. I could hardly function, but you cannot give up hope. I would suggest at his sentencing that as much family show up as possible. My son's judge made a comment about how much family support my son had, and I feel that made an impact on his decision. Best of luck to you!

Jamiefaith
04-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Thank u so much for ur encoragement. This is such a hard time rite now. I just keep praying that everything will turn out ok. I have to keep the hope rite? Oh im just praying n praying. It consumes my mind it stresses me out so much. Im just glad i can come here n there r ppl to help n support eachother. Thanks for everything!!

Monarch
06-20-2010, 09:29 PM
You have gotten some good answers here, and what I think is most evident is that each case is different - I was locked up with a girl from Nashville (she is still in Tallahassee FCI) who had never been in trouble before and got 20 years for 4 ounces of crack. She had info they wanted, she wouldn't talk, she's doin' the time. Basically, if you can provide information and choose not to, OR if you are truly too low on the totem pole to know anything - those people generally get the longest sentences. Sad, but true. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Jamiefaith
07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
My man wasn't caught with anything, his name was just brought up when someone was snitching, when he was asked to provide substantial assistance to authorities, so that he could get a reduced sentence. So idk what they have on him, and neither does he, he's been sitting in jail for about 4 months, and he's still had no discovery or any type of documentation about what's going on!!! It's just so stupid!

4down11togo
04-23-2011, 09:56 AM
mine was charged with trafficking a kilo of powder cocaine...prior conviction(probation) for trafficking 2 kilos cocaine and 50,000 pounds of marijuana..... current sentence 15 years federal

Jamiefaith
04-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I just wanted to update everyone on this thread about how much time my fiance is getting...he just signed a deal for 33 months!!! Which is really great. obvi we have to wait for his PSI report to really be sure what he is looking at, but i guess he can appeal anything over the 33 months that he signed for...so that's great news, i just wanted to let all you guys know in case you were in the same situation, so that you know that there is hope out there,