View Full Version : MDOC website...

johns_wife_to_b
02-22-2004, 12:21 PM
john called this morning and told me that the wife of one of the guys has been checking everyday on the MDOC site, and that this morning it says he was granted parole. i sure can't find anything ! if anyone knows for a fact that there is somewhere on the MDOC website where you can look up determinations..then i beg you..PLEASE HELP ME & TELL ME WHERE IT IS !!

sande

Cricenia
02-22-2004, 01:07 PM
maybe it's on OTIS... http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2.html enter his info there and it will tell you what's going on with him.. hope this is what you're looking for

Rosie03
02-22-2004, 01:58 PM
OTIS is the only place I can think of as well..however, they dont update it on the weekends though. Good luck to you!

johns_wife_to_b
02-23-2004, 09:54 AM
well...OTIS is finally up and i have the numbers of all 15 guys..there's nothing i can see to where the one guy's wife said she found it...could be just talk from this guy. is going to prolong the agony, since the councelor isn't there today...geezzzzz i wish MDOC would tell us over the phone.

sande

appleteddy
02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Sande - I think OTIS only posts the parole date once they've been released on parole. I remember reading in old posts that after about 20 days from the parole hearing you can contact MDOC's parole office and they might tell you or at least hint as to the decision - you might want to look in the stickies about parole to find the number - if it's been at least 20 days call and see what you can find out. By the way - is this is first time to see the board? Good luck!!!!

Abrose
02-23-2004, 10:34 AM
This happens all the time...OTIS doesn't display this sort of information - never have and they never will. The only time you will see that they have been granted parole is the day after they have walked out the door - you will not see any kind of determination listed prior to that point in time.

A lot of guys say they got parole - generally the ones who actually do get parole keep their mouths shut. Guys who do brag about getting parole generally haven't gotten it and they are looking to stir things up.

Tell your husband to lay low even when he does get it.

johns_wife_to_b
02-23-2004, 10:42 AM
i just talked to a real nice woman at the parole board..she looked and said the determination for john hasn't been made yet, so for me to tell him to just stay positive, it won't be long now. we atleast i know he didn't get flopped..phew !!
i tried to tell john the other day that i've NEVER seen anything on the MDOC site, OTIS or otherwise that had determinations posted on it. maybe now he'll listen to me for once..lol

sande

Abrose
02-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Sande - it is hard for them to believe that when they hear so many other guys saying that's where their wife found it. It happened to Brian several times and no matter how many times I told him they don't post it, he kept asking. It was about 23 days after he had seen the board that the decision was in for him...so if you have called already - I would wait the full length of time before calling back again. If she told you that it would most likely be available on such and such a date - don't call back till then. I know it is hard not to do but you want to stay in their good graces. I really hope you get a positive decision...my fingers are crossed for you.