View Full Version : Willard

lostinsystem
04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Just saw my son for the first time ,since he's been there.the place is unreal.you'd assume (ass u and me) that the visits would be a relaxing time, as the family isn't in boot camp.Oh how wrong I was the guards there are unreal.One man was called to the desk at least,20 times during the visit.For nothing I could see. your not allowed to talk to the other visitors.and the inmates sit there like zombies afraid to move. They need to get that together.Im not understanding how doing 100 push ups,running 2 miles or jogging in place has a thing to do with drug addiction.or for that matter drug dealing? My son has been in there a little over 6 weeks and has recieved tickets for bullshit. does anyone know what happens if he signs out of the program, hes on post release supervision. He says hed rather do the time any answers would be appreciated thanks

drearalphy
04-25-2010, 05:10 PM
You have to tell him to hang on in there. My boyfriend has been in Willard since the 23rd of Feb. His first month was extremely tough and he was contemplating signing out everyday. I have never visited him because he doesn't want to lose his focus but he is getting used to it...if thats even possible. If they sign out of the program they could do 6-12 months regardless of when they max out...Since he maxes out in October, it made more sense to stay in the program.

deanskayla
04-26-2010, 05:55 AM
If he signs out he will have to serve his full time, and the Williard time may not be counted towards that.

lostinsystem
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
He's on post supervision, haveing done his 4 yr bid. so what your saying is hill have to do 3 yrs? thats whats left on the post supervision. thanks

drearalphy
04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
yes, exactly that. Theres basically no way out besides completely that program..If he doesn't complete it...then he'll be maxing out....(serving his last 3 yrs)

Chris'sPrincess
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Wow again, more false information. If your son signs out, he will go to 5 points, which is a maximum security facility down the block in Romulus NY. If he got a "sentence" for a parole violation he will have to serve that. He will not have to max out. For example if he is a Category 1 Parolee who got a curfew violation or a police contact violation, etc, his sentence would have been 15 months or a 12 months sentence if he plead guilty to the vilation. If he signs out of Willard, he will be forced to serve THAT time. also,just for the record, the first month in WIllard is actually the easiest.... it keeps getting worse, dont mean to scare you. But you better tell your son to get it together or get out of there, because if he doesnt do it successfully, he will end up getting recycled with a month left to go he'll be looking at 7 more weeks, or possibly the whole thing over again. but what you are explaining is normal, completely normal, THIS IS WILLARD, hell on earth. no doubt about it, and as far as teh visits, Ive been on 5, and its always the same shit. But believe it or not the visits are what they call an "at ease" atmosphere, if you think theyre uptightin there, ask your son how they have to act in the classroom!

yes, exactly that. Theres basically no way out besides completely that program..If he doesn't complete it...then he'll be maxing out....(serving his last 3 yrs)

louslady
04-28-2010, 07:48 AM
I agree w/ Chris's P..
If he signs out he will probably end up at 5 points. In some cases at his sentencing during the parole violation - they may be told they have to do a year if they do not complete the program and his prior time does count.

My hubs made it through but his friend didnt and he is now at 5 points completing his year violation. He was arrested in July so he has till July to complete his year.

Hope this helps.

drearalphy
04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
But wait, what if they don't complete the program..does the year count from when they were first ORIGINALLY arrested or when they were sent to Willard...?

Chris'sPrincess
04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Its when they were originally arrested.

Mine got arrested in October, he'd have to go to 5 points till October if he signed out. if you look them up on the DOC,it usually gives the year long date for release, never the actual 97 day Willard date for release. Because that was their "Sentence". hence why i said no one actually gets "sentenced" to Willard it is always considered a "recommendation". If you fuck up its right back to the sentence that you should have had, without the "favor" they gave you of Willard.

But wait, what if they don't complete the program..does the year count from when they were first ORIGINALLY arrested or when they were sent to Willard...?

drearalphy
04-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Oh okay.
I try looking him up on the DOC site almost everyday and his name never appears. I dont know what's wrong..

Also, because of that I dont know if his year is counting from January or February because he was in Edgecombe for 30days completing a program but they kicked him out and sent him to Rikers in February then Ulster and now Willard.

Chris'sPrincess
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh okay.
I try looking him up on the DOC site almost everyday and his name never appears. I dont know what's wrong..

Also, because of that I dont know if his year is counting from January or February because he was in Edgecombe for 30days completing a program but they kicked him out and sent him to Rikers in February then Ulster and now Willard.

Well edgecomb is part of the state system, so there shouldnt be any problem. as long as he never hit the street inbetween, it should all count from the day of his arrest.