View Full Version : Questions about evaluation center??

WSF
02-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Yes I would like some info too my son is in a county jail awaiting sentencing. I understand he will be sent to a evaluation center once he is sentenced I'm told this is a 23 hr lockdown???? How can they be evaluated if they are alone 23 hrs a day???? And what are they evaluating????

Thanks to anyone who can fill me in. I'll have more questions once we get through this I guess.

WSF

California Sunshine
02-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi there I'm not exactly sure the answers to your questions but when my boyfriend got in trouble he was first at a reception center for evaluation,he could write and recieve mail but no calls.He was assigned a counseler who evaluated him on what exactly I do not know but the counseler then makes a recomindation as to where the inmate should be placed ( minumum security,max security etc.) Unfortunatly what the counseler suggests isn't always what happens.Mine was recommended for a fire camp close to home which is more of a minumum security type place but he was actually sent to a max prison far away.

I wish I could be of more help! Hopefully someone with better answers will be along to answer....Hang in there