View Full Version : Granted parole and no release date yet

bevitasalazar
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Husband was granted parole in February with an FI-1, certificate was printed on April 2nd and still no release date. Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get released once you are granted parole with and FI-1 in the state of Texas? To say that we are both going nuts is an understatement. It's been the same answer every time I call---"2-3 weeks", but NOW..that we are close to the 3 week mark...it's "14-21 BUSINESS days"...One man even told me it could be 6 months. Why do they issue an FI-1, which means for immediate release upon eligibility, and then make them suffer through the process another 2-3 (possibly 6) months? I don't get it and it's frustrating. :confused:

My second deal is...we planned on getting married before we knew he actually made parole 'coz---we love each other and feel that contact visits would make it easier to deal with all this in case he is not granted parole (he was denied the year before). ANYway :)... When I called to see if I could fax or e-mail Classifications a copy of the certificate, she said I had to submit the ORIGINAL. I reluctantly mailed my original marriage certificate several weeks ago and called about it yesterday. The lady tells me they have to "make sure the marriage is valid" and that a "committee will meet to determine that" and let me know. My driver's license---even my SSN has MY MARRIED NAME ON IT! They have a marriage certificate WITH A COUNTY SEAL!!! How are THEY able to vote on whether my marriage is valid or not? Why would they do that??

Onaicult
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Husband was granted parole in February with an FI-1, certificate was printed on April 2nd and still no release date. Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get released once you are granted parole with and FI-1 in the state of Texas? To say that we are both going nuts is an understatement. It's been the same answer every time I call---"2-3 weeks", but NOW..that we are close to the 3 week mark...it's "14-21 BUSINESS days"...One man even told me it could be 6 months. Why do they issue an FI-1, which means for immediate release upon eligibility, and then make them suffer through the process another 2-3 (possibly 6) months? I don't get it and it's frustrating. :confused:

My second deal is...we planned on getting married before we knew he actually made parole 'coz---we love each other and feel that contact visits would make it easier to deal with all this in case he is not granted parole (he was denied the year before). ANYway :)... When I called to see if I could fax or e-mail Classifications a copy of the certificate, she said I had to submit the ORIGINAL. I reluctantly mailed my original marriage certificate several weeks ago and called about it yesterday. The lady tells me they have to "make sure the marriage is valid" and that a "committee will meet to determine that" and let me know. My driver's license---even my SSN has MY MARRIED NAME ON IT! They have a marriage certificate WITH A COUNTY SEAL!!! How are THEY able to vote on whether my marriage is valid or not? Why would they do that??

Welcome to PTO :) Congratulations on parole :D

Information specific to Texas is usually best answered if you post in the Texas Forum (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)

I would specifically recommend the Texas Parole, Probation & Release (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251) forum for your question about the F1-1. I don't believe F1-1's take 6 months... but I know it is not usually "immediate" :( Others will come along w/ more relevant info to that.

I have not heard of anyone voting on a marriage.... was the marriage done by proxy, or is it common law?

jrosa4
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I was just going to suggest to you what Onaicult already did, post this under the Texas parole, probation, and release forum. Anytime I have posted a question there, someone knowledgeable has replied with good information. Good luck to you.

mrs.Isaac
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
What was his Parole eligibilty date?? Just because he got an FI-1, doesnt mean he automatically gets released, he still has to wait until his PED, then it should be 1 or 2 days.

bevitasalazar
Thank you...

mrs.Isaac
Or anytime during that month, I was just told.

bevitasalazar
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Mrs. Isaac---He was granted parole in Feb, his parole plan was approved on March 20, certificate was printed on April 2 and now we are just waiting on the release date. I don't understand the "PED" in your post...I am new to this site (sorry).

Onaicult
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Mrs. Isaac---He was granted parole in Feb, his parole plan was approved on March 20, certificate was printed on April 2 and now we are just waiting on the release date. I don't understand the "PED" in your post...I am new to this site (sorry).

PED stands for Parole Eligibility date - the date an inmate is technically eligible for parole. Most inmates go into parole reviews a few months before their actual parole eligibility date.

My understanding is once the certificate is printed it should only be a few weeks or so at the most.

bevitasalazar
04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
PED stands for Parole Eligibility date - the date an inmate is technically eligible for parole. Most inmates go into parole reviews a few months before their actual parole eligibility date.

My understanding is once the certificate is printed it should only be a few weeks or so at the most.

I really appreciate the info. Maybe another couple of weeks. This site...I should've registered a long time ago! I guess I need to get some patience from somewhere huh?

Onaicult
04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
I really appreciate the info. Maybe another couple of weeks. This site...I should've registered a long time ago! I guess I need to get some patience from somewhere huh?

We are glad you found us :thumbsup:

Lol, I am the most impatient person ever. I can't even stand commercials. lol. But this experience has certainly forced me to have more patience :o

bevitasalazar
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
We are glad you found us :thumbsup:

Lol, I am the most impatient person ever. I can't even stand commercials. lol. But this experience has certainly forced me to have more patience :o

Yeah, I understand. It's been 3 1/2 years we've been this way and you know...this has been the HARDEST 3 months we've experienced. Thought we would be so HAPPY once he was granted parole and WE ARE, but the process to release them is almost unbearable. Having a DATE would have helped things, but week after week and not knowing the "when"..has been frustrating.

jag<3
04-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I just received a letter from my husband and told me that one of his friends got an fI-1 and that means they can go home in a month to 45 days.

bevitasalazar
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I just received a letter from my husband and told me that one of his friends got an fI-1 and that means they can go home in a month to 45 days.

When we got the news...we were told the same thing. 30-45 days and then they came and went and we are still waiting. I think that is what has us so frustrated. They say they are backlogged and well...I hope they aren't backlogged too bad. :no: I hope your husband's friend doesn't have to wait more than 45 days...

luvinhim24/7
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I just sent in a certified copy of our marriage license and they updated the computer the same day. I don't what's up with the voting thing....My husband has a friend that got an F1 too and that was in January and he has no release date either.

Bebebing
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
My husband got a FI-1 and certificate printed April 1st. I was told it can be up to 60 days once parole is approved. Good Luck! As of today no release date:(

bevitasalazar
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
My husband got a FI-1 and certificate printed April 1st. I was told it can be up to 60 days once parole is approved. Good Luck! As of today no release date:(

I called today and they told me that I needed to start calling EVERYDAY from here on out and I was like---What do they think I have been doing since he was GRANTED parole? :haha: No release date for us either :( Good luck to you, too!!! Keep me posted, ok?