View Full Version : synthetic marijuana

parchman wife
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
does anyone have any advice about the idea of smoking this stuff instead of marijuana while on probation?

patchouli
04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
If on probation, my advice to you is to not smoke anything that may violate you. Period. Its sooo not worth being violated for!!

NoOne1994
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Agreed, it is not worth the risk of going back to prison.

decoprincess
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I have never heard of synthetic MJ, but would think it has similar properties that would show up in a UA: trace elements.

parchman wife
04-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Thx for the replys, & fwiw i agree that total abstinence is the best option. But i'm scared i can't do it & if this is a crutch i can use to make things easier then its an option i'm going to explore. i've already failed one drug test, will be doing some type of outpatient rehab bcause of that, but i have no real faith in that to help me.

it wasn't hard for me to quit the harder drugs that got me this felony charge, i was a pretty lame junkie to begin with. drinking & smoking weed are where my issues are, and while i agree that those issues need to be dealt with my focus is on successfully completing probation. i still have about 2 yrs left, & i've never quit anything that long. it seems foolish to me not to take advantage of anything that might help me.

NoOne1994
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
To bad they didn't shell out reefer patches :)

Don't call yourself a loser. Losers aren't able to admit they have a dependency problem but you're able to admit that.

I don't know anything about parole or probation, but I will advise you to keep going to classes and outpatient facilities if possible.

Keltria
04-21-2010, 02:07 PM
It is actually referred to as Spice or K2. It is possibly going to be illegal very soon cause it's causing people to get sick and die, especially kids who smoke it.

This is from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_(drug))

and I quote from there: Spice is currently not a scheduled drug in the USA.[34] If it is true that Spice contains synthetic cannabinoids, it may be illegal under the Federal Analog Act.

BUT IT IS VERY VERY DANGEROUS

Another story on it

(CNN) -- The latest trend at teen parties isn't warm beer or prescription medicines pilfered from parents' medicine cabinets. Instead, increasing numbers of youths are turning to an herb-based product to get high, and unlike marijuana, it's perfectly legal. (EXCEPT IN KANSAS WHO BANNED IT)
It's known as K2 or Spice, a synthetic substance that, when smoked, gives users a marijuana-like high, according to drug authorities. Its growing popularity is causing increasing alarm among health care professionals, law enforcement authorities and lawmakers, with one Drug Enforcement Agency official calling its use the equivalent of "playing Russian roulette."

AND SOME STATES ARE GOING TO BAN IT TOO

Lawmakers in several other states are considering similar legislation, including Georgia, Utah, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Dakota and Illinois.

"Although it is a synthetic drug, it is still a drug with a high potential for abuse," says Barnett, who is a physician. "It was our desire in Kansas to be ahead of the problem."

K2 has already been banned in some European countries, including Britain, Germany, Poland and France, and the DEA lists it as a drug of concern in the United States.

"We are seeing several indications that these THC-like substances could become a significant problem both domestically and internationally," Dearden says.

She says the agency is in "the preliminary stages of determining whether or not some or all of (synthetic substances) need to be controlled."

Full Story (http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/88997752.html)

jennfromhtown
04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
i have smoked the fake marijuana and it tastes like sh**, i wouldnt jepordize my freedom for it! just finish your probation then you can burn one worry free! oh and the fake marijuana is expensive like dro and the high is not all that. it doesnt taste or smell like weed at all.

Keltria
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately it will show up on the drug test. So is it worth the chance?

Xellena
04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
are you talking about the stuff advertised in high times and other magazines? The "legal" Marijuana? If so...it is not all it is cracked up to be lol...BELIEVE ME! A friend and I ordered a "sampler" all i got was a raging headache...and burped foul for three days....

Might as well just light an insense and inhale away lol

decoprincess
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I agree with NoOne, drop the loser title. Think of yourself in the positive: I am a winner, I am a winner.

parchman wife
04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately it will show up on the drug test. So is it worth the chance?

where'd you read that it shows up on a drug test. that totally defeats the purpose.

and i didn't exactly call myself a loser, but honestly i've tried to quit quite a few times & have failed every time. if there were ever a time to be realistic, its now.

Igor Louis
04-21-2010, 10:27 PM
It will show up on the drug test and if the Officer finds it during a home visit, they will violate you for it.

aba
04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
why risk it? and wouldn't smoking weed just make you paranoid that you're going to get caught and violated? seems totally counter-productive to me.

and you can quit. i smoked every day for 15 years. got arrested over a year ago and haven't touched anything since. don't even have the temptation. and i will tell you i'm TERRIFIED of failing a drug test, lest my bond get revoked. not to mention i want to go before the Judge on sentencing day with a clean pre-trial record. believe me you can do it. i don't know how old you are but i can tell you that i wish for then anything i didn't squander away so much time taking bong hits. i'm really a much happier and thoughtful person now drug free. take it one day at a time and you'll see you can do it.

chelseagreg1427
04-21-2010, 11:57 PM
damn, ive had it and i dont like it all too much but i had no idea it could kill me! it didnt say that in the article out here. well no more of that! hell its expensive and crappy anyways.

Keltria
04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
I googled K2 drug test and got the answer.

parchman wife
04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
i know i read a flipping article about this in our local paper a couple of weeks ago. i blew it off, thinking if it was legal it must not be about shit. i'm going to have to go to the library & look thru the film, bcause i know the article said people were using it bcause it wouldn't show up on a drug screen. not just junkies either, but professionals who had much to risk from random drug screens.

googled k2 drug test & got conflicting info, which isn't good enough to make it worth the risk. plus there are several different kinds & who knows what chemicals are really in there. i'm willing to take the health risk, but even if thc didn't show up, i'm worried it may trigger something like opiates.

btw, one of the articles was titled "poor pathetic persons cry for help about if this stuff will show up in a drug test. ..."

LittleWing13
04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
I have no idea....but please tell me what this stuff is and where do I get it?

jennfromhtown
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
its at the smoke shops but if you are a smoker you prolly wont like it, its nasty and expensive

LittleWing13
04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah, I read back through the thread after posting....no longer interested. Not only that, but I'm a snob about it, I like the goooood stuff.

Legalize it!