View Full Version : Can ex felons attend college?

BlueEyedEllie
04-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Marc sent me something for some technical school around here.He asked me to mail it in.he now has something he's completed with welding in there and he says he wants to further his education by going to a tech school for welding technology.I sent the paperwork in for him,but i'm just wondering,can a person attend college who is an ex-felon???

SpicaRigel
04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I believe they can Beth.
I was talking to my friend the day before yesterday who did 28 years, and he is going into Criminal Justice, he is going to one of the local colleges...im so proud of him he is such an inspiration!
Good for Marc that he wants to go further!

Onaicult
04-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Marc sent me something for some technical school around here.He asked me to mail it in.he now has something he's completed with welding in there and he says he wants to further his education by going to a tech school for welding technology.I sent the paperwork in for him,but i'm just wondering,can a person attend college who is an ex-felon???

Yes, you can attend college w/ a past felony. I'm not sure on financial aid, or student loans - someone should come along soon who can address that, but ex-felons can certainly attend college :)

rockys lil girl
04-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Im sure he can.. Yay beth im so happy for you

NewHorizon
04-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, ex-felons can attend college. I don't know if they are restriction on financial aid or anything. I am so happy for you!! I hope Marc does further his education; he will be an influence for alot of people!!

yourlittleone
04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
The Higher Education Act of 1998; Congress barred ex-felons from being allowed to receive Pell Grants, the largest type of federal student loans. Many states have adopted restrictions on access to educational funds.

Best bet for financial aid is to speak with a financial advisor at the particular school he is interested in attending.

ambeeeezy
04-16-2010, 02:49 PM
My friend did 7 years in fed and had his mom apply for FAFSA before he got out. He got financial aid and was able to do a work program for extra money while he's in school. I'm not sure of each state's restrictions or guidelines, but it's definitely a possibility. Good luck to Marc (and you, too, of course!)!

Scott
04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
The Higher Education Act of 1998; Congress barred ex-felons from being allowed to receive Pell Grants, the largest type of federal student loans. Many states have adopted restrictions on access to educational funds.

Best bet for financial aid is to speak with a financial advisor at the particular school he is interested in attending.

Here's the rules regarding felons: from the Act itself: Note that it only applies to certain kinds of crimes, and then for a certain period of time - except for three or more offenses...

(r) SUSPENSION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR DRUG-RELATED OFFENSES-

(1) IN GENERAL- A student who has been convicted of any offense under any Federal or State law involving the possession or sale of a controlled substance shall not be eligible to receive any grant, loan, or work assistance under this title during the period beginning on the date of such conviction and ending after the interval specified in the following table:

If convicted of an offense involving:

The possession of a controlled substance:

Ineligibility period is:

First offense
1 year

Second offense
2 years

Third offense
Indefinite.

The sale of a controlled substance:

Ineligibility period is:

First offense
2 years

Second offense
Indefinite.

(2) REHABILITATION- A student whose eligibility has been suspended under paragraph (1) may resume eligibility before the end of the ineligibility period determined under such paragraph if--

(A) the student satisfactorily completes a drug rehabilitation program that--

(i) complies with such criteria as the Secretary shall prescribe in regulations for purposes of this paragraph; and

(ii) includes two unannounced drug tests; or

(B) the conviction is reversed, set aside, or otherwise rendered nugatory.

Yes - your friend is probably eligible for student grants & loans. I have quite a few friends in the Oregon system who are planning on going to school when they get out. There are also exceptions to this based on completion of an accredited drug program, etc.

WaitingOnEddie
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes, they can attend college. I'm proof of that. :)

I did get a Pell Grant b/c my charges were not drug related and I received other financial aid as well.

The only 'problem' I had (it wasn't really much of a problem) was this...I was enrolling into a community college and they did ask if I had a felonious record. I had to mark 'yes' of course...the Dean of the college called me and asked me to come speak with him concerning something on my application. I knew it had to do with record. I was sooooo nervous. But he pretty much just asked me what happened and asked me what my goals for the future were. Our 'meeting' ended up being 2.5 hours and he was actually my mentor for about 5 years after that....needless to say, he allowed me to enroll.

So yeah, he shouldn't have a prob getting into school. I don't know if he has any drug convictions, but if he does it might knock him out of some of the financial aid, but there are A LOT of scholarships, grants, etc that he can get.

Good luck!!

Scott
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
The only 'problem' I had (it wasn't really much of a problem) was this...I was enrolling into a community college and they did ask if I had a felonious record. I had to mark 'yes' of course...the Dean of the college called me and asked me to come speak with him concerning something on my application. I knew it had to do with record. I was sooooo nervous. But he pretty much just asked me what happened and asked me what my goals for the future were. Our 'meeting' ended up being 2.5 hours and he was actually my mentor for about 5 years after that....needless to say, he allowed me to enroll....

What a totally cool story...isn't it funny how things like that happen! :thumbsup:

Remember to read the bill section carefully - if you have drug charges, you are only ineligible for the period of time indicated below, which, if you have done prison time, is usually not an issue - since the time clock starts ticking at the time of your CONVICTION, not your release from prison. This really won't disqualify a lot of people, unless you are a serial drug dealer with a very long record of drug sales...that could be problematic... but even that can be waived with a certified drug treatment program.

PhilB
04-16-2010, 08:15 PM
In WA I got a grant without any problem being recently released from prison.

eb2009
04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
The only problem with financial aid is if you get a charge while receiving the financial aid. For instance, a drug charge. If you got the charge while you were not receiving funding, then your good.

Onaicult
04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
My husband JUST asked me if he would be eligible for a pell grant, and I wasn't sure.
He has a drug conviction - it will have been over a year when he gets out. When he went in, he was paying off his student loans. If he starts paying on those again, would he eventually be eligible for a pell grant again, or no b/c he hadn't completed paying off his loans before he went in?

tresmom
04-16-2010, 08:43 PM
My son's lawyer told him of a partner in the law firm who was is an ex-felon with something like 18 years under his "prison belt". The lawyer is the top of the firm!

Needless to say, my son was happy to know that as he was only 15 when he got into a bit of trouble that has kept him away from a four year scholarship that he obtained. He is looking forward to a career in Criminal Justice and I don't see why Marc can't pursue his dreams as well. By the way, tell Marc "way to go"!!

PhilB
04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Mine was not a PEL grant so don't stop looking at just the PEL grants. Check with your local college as there are numerous grant programs targeting specific groups of people, like those getting out of prison and needing a new skill.

Some big employers may also offer full grants with an employee contract to stay with the employer for a minimum time. This way they can start at a basic skill level and move up as the education level increases.

BlueEyedEllie
04-16-2010, 10:10 PM
thank you for all your input.:)no,he isn't in for any drug convictions.fafsa is excellent.my oldest daughter got accepted at penn state and will be majoring in psychology and she is using fafsa to finance her education.philB and ds thank you guys esp for your input as you guys know thru personal experience!!:)

Boogersgirl4eva
04-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Hi, I was not sure where to post this so forgive me if it is in the wrong forum. My fiance' John is getting out of Federal Prison, after 8 years this December. We of course are super excited but we are trying to get things lined out to make the transition as smooth as possible.
So he has set me to work. LOL.

I am suppose to be gathering information on what wwe need to do for him to obtain grants and or educational loans so that he can continue his education in the culinary arts. He has already taken some classes in this feild while incarcerated, but wants to become a full fledge chef.

Does anyone have any information on how to go about this or where I might start looking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boogersgirl4eva
04-18-2010, 10:28 PM
John will be home in December and wants to continue his education...if what I am reading is right, I should do his Fafsa and then talk to the school itself and see what programs they offer for ex felons... is this correct? thanks guys

Scott
04-18-2010, 10:49 PM
John will be home in December and wants to continue his education...if what I am reading is right, I should do his Fafsa and then talk to the school itself and see what programs they offer for ex felons... is this correct? thanks guys

Yes - now is the time to get his FAFSA forms completed for the fall/winter (2010/2011) terms. You might call the financial aid office and ask if there are any special programs available for people on parole.

Evaluate with him whether it would be helpful to have a month's breathing room before he has to jump into school - otherwise, the Winter quarter should start sometime in January.

Really too...you should send the forms to him along with a catalog and let him do the forms himself. The more invested he is in the process, the greater his chances at success. These aren't real difficult forms.

Boogersgirl4eva
04-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Right, I am in college right now myself.... so I am familiar with the FAFSA and the forms that need filled out. That is a great idea to let him help me complete the forms by doing as much as he can himself. Thanks for the advice.

Yes - now is the time to get his FAFSA forms completed for the fall/winter (2010/2011) terms. You might call the financial aid office and ask if there are any special programs available for people on parole.

Evaluate with him whether it would be helpful to have a month's breathing room before he has to jump into school - otherwise, the Winter quarter should start sometime in January.

Really too...you should send the forms to him along with a catalog and let him do the forms himself. The more invested he is in the process, the greater his chances at success. These aren't real difficult forms.

Boogersgirl4eva
04-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Also the thing is, when he obtains employment or starts school, he can get out of the halfway house. He has to go to a halfway house first and then go from there... 3 -5 weeks he can be home with me, if he is in school... so that is step number one.

I am so excited...

Right, I am in college right now myself.... so I am familiar with the FAFSA and the forms that need filled out. That is a great idea to let him help me complete the forms by doing as much as he can himself. Thanks for the advice.

meloo38
04-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Ok, so here is my question-somewhat related to the topic at hand> My fiance has decided that he wants to pursue heating and airconditioning. He will have to go to school to learn how to do it all, but he will also have to be licensed by the state. In my research, he can go to school, and according the the state's website, having a felony does not automatically exclude him from being approved for a license, but he has to meet with the board to discuss his past issues to determine whether or not he will be approved. Has anyone else had any experience with this and do you know what the approval rate might be? Is it likely he will be approved or is it difficult to get licensed? Thanks for your input!

wcarleton10
10-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, so please bear with me. My boyfriend is currently serving a 6-1/2 year sentence in Virginia. He turned his life around before he went to prision, and would like to make good use of his time there.

He would like to get a college degree while incarcerated, the problem is the funding.

Does anyone know where I would start to look for funding for inmates? Any help would be greatly appreciately!

Thanks,
Wendy

msmarrie
10-30-2010, 04:44 PM
From my research I have not found any funding for inmates unless you can find a private person or organization willing to sponsor him.
Not sure if this was answered but anyone convicted of drug related charges is not eligible for financial aid.

secondtimer
10-31-2010, 02:10 PM
meloo38 MY husband went to school received a full grant and then when he went for his liscense he wrote a letter explaining his past and how he wanted to be given a chance to change and how obtaining this liscense would help him care for his family, he sent the letter in along with the application and he was approved best wishes to you both.

Hugaboom
10-31-2010, 03:48 PM
I was on the same search for a trade school for my Love. I spoke to about 4 of them and researched dozens to find his desired field. Only one school mentioned a limitation based upon incarceration. They said that he had to wait until a year or 6 months after his release to apply.

ladycaitlin
10-31-2010, 10:08 PM
a person can get financial aid as long as they do NOT have any kind of drug charge.This is true for pell grants and other Title IV funding thru the govt.Each state is individual.here in ga it is the same way for the hope grant and scholarship.AS long as you do nto have a drug conviction you can get state aid here in ga.

jdcl0215
11-03-2010, 12:09 AM
A person can receive financial aid so long as the charge isn't any kind of drug charge. And I read somewhere that it states, "so long as the charge that he is committed with is not related to his studies and what he/she wishes to do, then one can be eligible for financial aid" <<< not sure if there is any truth to that....

hmmm. for those wondering about when to file the FAFSA forms... the forms are available starting january and is due in march for 2011/2012 school year. :)

The forms for this school year (2010/2011) is already over.

BKMami79
11-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Of Course they can!!

DDKrewson
11-29-2010, 09:58 AM
I attend Colorado Technical University online, and have for the last year. I have a grant through the Fed's and 2 unsecured loans that the school acquired for me. I have been out of prison almost 2 years. How I started was through FAFSA look it up online. The schools you apply to should help you obtain the grants necessary to go to school. This can be started before leaving prison. Only one condition you must a GED or High School Diploma. Use search engine Yahoo or Google to fine FAFSA online.

wolf409
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/faq003.htm

here is the link. dd is correct it must not be a drug charge. which IMO is ludacris since someone who deals is not only intelligent, but obviously needs to learn a better way of living. for the addict, they need HOPE and school could do just that to give them a better method to change their life. but that's just me

also..click the blue link where it says "drug conviction". there ARE stipulations!! it does not automatically disqualify you!!

msmarrie
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
It's due to the zero-tolerance drug rules that exist on college campuses. They don't want anyone in their University who may be tempted to use or sell drugs on campus. The same rules apply for online students as for on campus students.

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/faq003.htm

here is the link. dd is correct it must not be a drug charge. which IMO is ludacris since someone who deals is not only intelligent, but obviously needs to learn a better way of living. for the addict, they need HOPE and school could do just that to give them a better method to change their life. but that's just me

also..click the blue link where it says "drug conviction". there ARE stipulations!! it does not automatically disqualify you!!

Kendra79
11-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Ok I thought I'd already posted this here but it must've been in the employment threads. I have a felony possession of a controlled substance charge from March '09. I'm currently in college and got a full ride from the state of alabama AND full Pell grant award. The drug conviction thing ONLY applies if you caught your case WHILE getting financial aid previously. For example, if your getting pell grants and/or student loans while attending State University and you get busted with (insert felonius chemical substance here), then after the completion of your sentence if you want to finish your degree, YOU gotta foot the bill, buddy.

Bluvsu2
11-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Mine son does and gets financial aid for school too.

His crimes were not drug related.

meetthebrowns
12-04-2010, 05:54 PM
That depends on what city/state you r in and ur charges.

shawna2007
12-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Ok, I can answer this question very accurately. The lady above is correct. You are only excluded from financial adi if you catch a drug charge WHILE receiving financial adi in the past/present. Even then you're only excluded for a certain amount of time. This is Federal law, doesn't vary state to state or school to school. However, with a felony conviction of any kind it's very hard to get into a private school. It's much easier to enroll in a community college or state college because they're required to follow federal guidelines and private schools can make their own decision to accept felons, and most do not. I am a Mental Health and Chemical dependency major. Most of the people in my Chemical Dependency courses are past users/dealers, have been to prison, and are the perfect candidates for that job because they have lived it. They have excellent job opportunities upon graduation. I on the other hand have never used drugs, but am taking that as my minor because I want to work in the corrections system and want to be able to help my mental health patients and unfortunately many of them have drug related charges and I want to be knowledgeable enough to help them in every way possible to get help and stay clean.

IluvJP4life
12-20-2010, 10:40 PM
I had been worrying about this for myself as well. I have a few felonies, 1 drug charge & some prostitution charges and I was just accepted to the university of Houston and I was granted all the financial aid I needed. I start class on 01/17/11.

So yep … your man can. Some trade schools (like universal technical institute) make you wait a year after you have been released and you cannot have been arrested within that year before you can apply.

Scott
12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I had been worrying about this for myself as well. I have a few felonies, 1 drug charge & some prostitution charges and I was just accepted to the university of Houston and I was granted all the financial aid I needed. I start class on 01/17/11.

So yep your man can. Some trade schools (like universal technical institute) make you wait a year after you have been released and you cannot have been arrested within that year before you can apply.

Congratulations on the school acceptance and I'm thrilled for you about your whole new direction. Very, very cool! :thumbsup:

Remember that no one really cares about what you've done, but are always inspired and uplifted by how you've overcome whatever negative has happened in the past.

If you ever need a shot of personal motivation, click on this link and watch this little (20) minute video.

The Butterfly Circus (http://prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5500572&postcount=1)

Visualize success!!

basthena_isi
03-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes! You can absolutely attend college if you are a felon!!! I am a felon! I spent 3 years in prison on 3 different felonies that all ran concurrent (thank GOD!). I am STILL on parole 5 1/2 years after I was released and will still be on parole for another 1 1/2 years! As soon as I got out I enrolled in a community college. They never asked me if I was a felon. I don't think Community colleges do. Once I got my Associate of Arts degree I transferred to a state college to get a bachelor's degree. They never asked me if I was a felon either! I knew I had to redeem myself from my past and I made sure I received straight A's in community college. Because I did, not only did I get accepted into the state college, but I received grants and scholarships too! Free money! I graduated with a Bachelor's in Computer Science 3 months ago! I went to the school career fairs to apply for internships. I felt I had a better chance of getting into an internship position with my past than a full-time job. I applied for internships and got accepted into one as a computer programmer. They didn't even ask me if I was a felon! I gave them my resume, and I never had to fill out an application which asked that dreaded felon question! I proved myself through my grades and my shining personality! I did not give them any reason to be suspicious! The internship lasted 8 months and I felt the company was just looking for cheap workers and discovered they weren't going to hire me on full time because they would just have to pay me more. So I contacted another company I was in touch with since my school career fair and they brought me on for an internship as well. I DID have to fill out an application with them and they DID ask me if I was a felon. It was an online application and when it asked me to explain I told them I would be happy to during the interview! Well, they didn't ask during the interview, but AFTER the interview they had to do a background check. They asked me to write them a letter describing everything that happened. I did and the second half of the letter I talked about how my life had changed. Well, they told me based on my grades, my degree, what I had done since I was released from prison, and how much they liked my personality, they were going to overlook it!!! So I got hired on for my second internship as a computer programmer! And after awhile of the internship...they hired me on full-time!!! I am now a full-time programmer! And you know what? I'm also a good person. I made mistakes when I was younger...but I overcame those mistakes and showed people how much I had changed!!! I am a good person with valuable things to offer! Please don't let your past or things other people tell you put doubt in your mind that you can do it! I did it just as easy as anyone else! I obviously couldn't get in some fields such as education or healthcare...but pick a field where your charges won't affect your boss's opinion about whether or not you can do the work. You can do this people! I promise!!! Just don't give up!!!! It's a long road but you can do it. It took me 5 1/2 years to get my degree...but you know what? I'd rather spend 5 1/2 years getting a degree to succeed over working at some dead end job the rest of my life!!! You've got this people! Just STAY STRONG and be sincere! have the will and desire to be a better person and people WILL SEE IT! GOOD LUCK!!!

Charges: Possession of Narcotics/Controlled Substances/Etc...

Also...I received federal aid from the fafsa site. My charges were overlooked because when I was in a Federal Prison I took a federal 9-month drug program to pass the sign. I had no idea at that time how valuable it was. Because I took that a lot of government places will excuse your "mess". Keep that in mind too!

basthena_isi
03-05-2011, 09:46 AM

So yep your man can. Some trade schools (like universal technical institute) make you wait a year after you have been released and you cannot have been arrested within that year before you can apply.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Stay motivated and keep up those grades! You can do it!!! Read my other post!!!

Illuminati
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
made friends wit some classmates who did prison bids. one cat went to prison a few times.

"oddly" enough they are really good students. they read the chapters more than everyone else does LOL.

KitKat329
03-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Most colleges and small universities, even some big prominent universities, will not discriminate against a potential student just because he has been charged with a felony. However, the person with the felony charge will not be able to recieve many financial awards from the government (grants, certain scholarships) to further their education if they are a felon.

Good luck to you and Marc! I have no idea who he is, but I'm proud of him for wanting to continue his education. It shows a lot of character to desire to go to college because it requires a lot of dedication and hard work. :)

MIKAER
03-14-2011, 09:51 AM
My favorite thing to do is enroll guys in school fresh out of prison , It really makes my day. I love it when My guy encourages guys to contact me about it.

alicat24
04-09-2011, 01:05 AM

Im an ex con and i go to school there are a lot of grants for us.

robinbanks
04-10-2011, 02:24 AM
I don't have any clue as to why it should even matter. What does going to school have anything to do with being convicted of a crime? I'm not saying that it doesn't affect it; I'm saying why should it?

jdcl0215
04-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Being an ex felon doesn't affect whether or not they can attend school to further themselves. But if you want financial aid then that might be harder. But enrolling in school should have no problem

DDKrewson
04-20-2011, 12:26 AM
To attend school and have it paid for you should follow these steps. Bit first be prepared to answer whether you are a felon who has a drug offense it does not automatically disqualify you..

First you want to go to FAFSA dot com website and apply online it is quicker and you will be guided through the application process. You will receive a pin number to keep track of your qualifying for a pell grant through the federal government. He will learn how much he qualifies for. You will need school codes on which schools he might want to attend. It will ask for those codes and there is help right there. Just make sure you know which school. Once you qualify the schools he wants to attend will be notified. Follow up with school counselors to make sure they have received the information. If the school cost exceeds the amount of the Pell grant then the school should be able to setup a Stafford loan secured and unsecured. depending on the amount of money and whether he is going to go to school full time, or part time. I know the process well because I did it as soon as I got out of prison and obtained a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration. I had no money when I got out and the BA was going to cost around $50,000 plus, so it is possible and I was convicted of a drug offense. Do not let anyone say different. If you need more information or help let me know through this website. If you post in this area I will get an email. Good luck... David

JaydedDragon
04-20-2011, 12:30 AM

Being an ex-felon myself....I have 2 degrees and working on my 3rd since my felony. Yes they can get financial aid as long as the charges ARE NOT drug related. Having a drug conviction will automatically bar any federal financial aid.
I was on probation the entire time of my first degree and my graduation present from my PO was discharge papers :) :) :) Then I went onto a University to get my Bachelors degree....and I am still working on yet ANOTHER degree. I did have to write a paper about my legal troubles with my application...and they did check EVERYTHING!!! But being truthful, I had no problems getting accepted and all the $$ I needed to attend. :)
He should have no problem going to school. Some colleges and prisons even have scholarships available. Usually can be accessed on the college/prison websites.
Hope this helps. :) Good luck to him!!! :)

JaydedDragon
04-20-2011, 12:34 AM
T I was convicted of a drug offense. Do not let anyone say different. David

When did the Federal Gov't change this??? I have a friend who cannot get aid to go to a community college who has open enrollment because he has a drug conviction. Just wondering so I can pass on the info to him. The school tells him they can't help him and he needs to pay for it himself or find private lenders. (which is hard enough for someone who does not have any kind of record)
Thanks.

brassknucklmami
07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
They have to approve you. Im a felon and I got approved.

Vixen311
07-02-2011, 07:43 PM
as a felon a person can't be a cop or a doctor/nurse. those fields i know of for sure. but you can get grants/student aid/admittance to college.

InmateLover67
07-02-2011, 09:40 PM

Ex-felons can attend Community/University colleges, but I am not sure about trade schools.

I do know that they are eligible for financial aid, just as a non-felon. I have experienced others getting loans and grants to continue their education.

I guess you will find out if the place he wants to attend will accept him, but I would not see why they wouldn't, unless they have a policy about schooling ex-felons. I would think that would be illegal and considered discrimination.

Good luck!

Peace~

StartingANew
10-18-2011, 10:26 AM
I was reading this article in the student paper about a school in Poland, Poznan University School of Medicine:
pulsum.pl/nowa/attachments/article/2009/maj-czerwiec2009.pdf

if you read page 19 (that page is in English), you will notice something. They tend to be a bit more lenient on acceptance rules. Therefore, if you get an interview, you can bribe them and gain acceptance. It is approved for loans so you should also be able to get a loan for school. Just try and avoid mentioning it unless asked, and do not make it seem like a big deal or down play it. I know a friend that got his MD and another that became a dentist by paying a little extra. You just have to be smart about how you approach and deal with them AND you need references.

You can get a trade, however, you will probably have to work and study in a different country from the country of conviction. Don't brag about your criminal record or mention it to ANYONE. Don't mention it unless absolutely necessary. You can return when they wipe your criminal record. Or if you have a friend that is willing to pull strings with regards to him that is a professional, they might be able to wipe the charges applied.

Dixieprincess49
10-20-2011, 11:12 AM
:)
Yes I went and Iam in college now