View Full Version : Anyone know about Jackson Parish Correctional facility in Jonesboro?

stacyb
04-13-2010, 08:19 AM
hi, my husband was transferred there yesterday 8 hrs away from home does anyone know anything about this facility? what time can they use the phone too? what about visitation?:(

LifeTraveler
04-13-2010, 04:18 PM
hi, my husband was transferred there yesterday 8 hrs away from home does anyone know anything about this facility? what time can they use the phone too? what about visitation?:(

I couldn't find anything on this facility. This is their phone number. 318-259-8799. Address 327 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, LA 71251.

You may just have to call up there with your questions. That's what I had to do when my husband was sent to Marksville.

gag4d
04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi, my bro got sent there about 6 months ago. Address is: 327 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, Louisiana 71251. You have to have your husband's number when you mail a letter and put "c/o" the above. It sounds like a med security place. My bro didn't report any violence.:blah: Pkg restrictions suck (he has got to put in and get approved request for pkg once every 3 months and only certain items). They make them buy almost everything fr their store at inflated rates. You can send him money orders. Phone system is expensive and won't allow competion. :blah:Comm sucks. Took a week to get mail (I'm in MO). They just transfered him (4-27) w/o info to Ridgewood and can't find any info. Good Luck:o

love1lockedup
05-07-2010, 08:10 PM

they can recieve only postal money orders thats where my son is they can have phone calls and they can recieve packages every 3months thay have to put in a request for what they want in the packages and you cant send anything but what was approved visitation is once a month

stacyb
05-09-2010, 09:57 PM
they can recieve only postal money orders thats where my son is they can have phone calls and they can recieve packages every 3months thay have to put in a request for what they want in the packages and you cant send anything but what was approved visitation is once a month
thanks for the info my husband is in c-dorm. dont know to much but he sais it is really laid back and no fights so that is good he does call me evercom is a joke . i live in st.bernard and im hoping to go visit him next month its about 6 hrs from here. thanks for posting back to me i thought no one knew anyone from that jail on here. no one ever responds so thanks a million.:cool:

NEW2ITALL
06-19-2011, 10:57 PM
thanks for the info my husband is in c-dorm. dont know to much but he sais it is really laid back and no fights so that is good he does call me evercom is a joke . i live in st.bernard and im hoping to go visit him next month its about 6 hrs from here. thanks for posting back to me i thought no one knew anyone from that jail on here. no one ever responds so thanks a million.:cool:

MY HUSBAND WAS TRANSFER FROM ST BERNARD TO THIS SAME JAIL..JUST FRIDAY....6-17,,,SO I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT ANYTHING... BUT ALL THIS INFO WAS VERY HELPFUL....I DID FIND OUT MY HUSBAND IS ALSO IN C-DORM....JUST WAITING NOW TO SEE HOW THE VISITATION WORKS....IF U GET ANY INFO...PLEASE POST....THANKS:thumbsup:

lcbrn
06-27-2011, 11:57 PM
My fiance' was there for about 4 months. It's roughly $5-$5.50/call, and of course, they're only 15 minutes long. He did tell me that he found several metal shanks, but that he never saw them used...he figured it was more protection for the smaller guys in there. He was also in C dorm and said that everyone was relatively quiet and didn't fight.

Visitation for that dorm is every 2 weeks on Sunday from 1pm-3pm. My advice to you is to get there at least an hour early, because a line forms outside of the front doors. They won't let you in until about 15-20 minutes before it actually starts, and check your driver's license and do a little pat-down, "pull your bra out, take your shoes off" thing. They do allow you to wear jewelry as long as it's not ridiculous (i.e. huge earrings/rings/necklaces that could be weapons). During visitation you have to sit on the opposite side of the table from the inmate, but you are allowed to kiss, hold hands, all that good stuff. The staff is pretty back-country redneck, but none of them are outright mean or anything. The only time I saw anyone get turned away from visitation was because they were wearing leggings.

You can send mail to that address someone posted above, call and get his offender # so you can put it on the address "c/o Name, Offender #." They allow pictures, but no "partial nudity," so basically you can send lingerie pics...but if they're too see-through, they will color in your undies with a Sharpie (swear to God, it happened..lol).

I really hope this helps because I was like a lost puppy trying to navigate through this mess--I knew absolutely nothing about prison anything! Good luck and let me know if you need any more info.

NEW2ITALL
06-28-2011, 10:49 PM
my fiance' was there for about 4 months. It's roughly $5-$5.50/call, and of course, they're only 15 minutes long. He did tell me that he found several metal shanks, but that he never saw them used...he figured it was more protection for the smaller guys in there. He was also in c dorm and said that everyone was relatively quiet and didn't fight.

Visitation for that dorm is every 2 weeks on sunday from 1pm-3pm. My advice to you is to get there at least an hour early, because a line forms outside of the front doors. They won't let you in until about 15-20 minutes before it actually starts, and check your driver's license and do a little pat-down, "pull your bra out, take your shoes off" thing. They do allow you to wear jewelry as long as it's not ridiculous (i.e. Huge earrings/rings/necklaces that could be weapons). During visitation you have to sit on the opposite side of the table from the inmate, but you are allowed to kiss, hold hands, all that good stuff. The staff is pretty back-country redneck, but none of them are outright mean or anything. The only time i saw anyone get turned away from visitation was because they were wearing leggings.

You can send mail to that address someone posted above, call and get his offender # so you can put it on the address "c/o name, offender #." they allow pictures, but no "partial nudity," so basically you can send lingerie pics...but if they're too see-through, they will color in your undies with a sharpie (swear to god, it happened..lol).

I really hope this helps because i was like a lost puppy trying to navigate through this mess--i knew absolutely nothing about prison anything! Good luck and let me know if you need any more info.

the only difference now is that visitation for dorm c is on every 4th saturday 8-10am or sunday 1:30-3:30pm....the visit has to be either or...you cannot visit saturday and sunday...i was willing...lol...

HesMyLife01
07-02-2011, 02:08 PM
My husband is in Winn Correctional Center in Winnfield. Does anyone know if there are certain qualifications for someone to get in Jonesboro? I am going to see how to get him there.

lcbrn
07-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Usually the warden where he is would have to talk to the warden at Jackson. Because he'd be going from a DOC prison to a private facility, it could be different. DOC prisons tend to be better for good time and stuff like that because Jackson doesn't offer any kind of programs other than GED and GED tutoring.

HesMyLife01
07-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Okay thanks. He has already gotten his GED and a college certificate. So I hope he can get transferred. It sounds so much better than Winnfield. I hate Winnfield. And at least in Jonesboro, you can send packages. We can't do that where he is now.

StanleysHeart
07-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi my fiance @Jackson. I'm also from the St Bernard area. The drive isnt that bad just don't speed in Dodson they be waiting on ticketing people traveling during visitation time which I go every 2nd week of the month Sat. 1:30-3:30 yes 2 hrs.(he is in J dorm) They have to get off the phone EVERYNIGHT even weekends 10:30p.m.Sending packages sucks.It is laid back BUT if your love one (like mines) is trying to get into programs this is not the facility. They don't offer nothin but G.E.D We're trying to get him transferred now. So if anyone have any info on how to do so please help.