View Full Version : CRC in Orient OH I Think

makemoveswife
02-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Does anyone have any information on what it is like at CRC. Correctional Reception Center. My husband has heard that you are locked down for 23 hours and are only about an hour out the day. This is his first time and noone in his family will give him any ideas on what it is like. If there is anyone out here that knows I would appreciate any type of information.

Holly6005
02-20-2004, 06:17 PM
that is true but I do beleive they get out once a week for rec... and visits from immeadiate family members only. CRC is where they go to be asssigned to an actual prison....Good Luck....Holly

timmysgirl79
02-21-2004, 02:43 PM
they are locked down 23 hours a day for the first 5 days or so then they get out 4 days a week for rec time for 2 hrs.

unknownartist
02-21-2004, 06:45 PM
CRC is an armpit of a prison. I have been here for two years and it keeps getting worse the conditions here are awful. The food is disgusting. The guards are all abusive and this place needs to close down soon. I will be leaving soon, but I feel for those that have to stay behind. Visiting has now gone to one half day visit once a week, which amounts to about two hours.

kmeg
02-21-2004, 07:04 PM
When my husband was at CRC-Orient he got a job as a porter and was able to be out of his cell most of the day. It was nice because he was able to access the phones at just about any time. While he was there we were able to get two special visits over two different weekends. They worked with us very well because we lived in Minnesota.
You can also put CRC in the search bar up above and that should bring up quite a few previous posts. The post above is not about CRC in Ohio though, I think it is Cali.
The best to you and yours!! CJ (KMeg)

CJ1964
10-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah, my son just got out of CRC in Orient on Oct. 2, 2004 ..........Yes it's true you are locked down for 23 hours per day.......... and I know you have to wait for awhile before you can visit........not sure just how long though...........

timmysgirl79
10-08-2004, 10:28 AM
They have to be there 14 days before they can get a visit.