View Full Version : Mandatory parole, has anyone heard?

dmf
04-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone's heard about this coming to Montana! J was telling me they are thinking of getting rid of the parole board cause the taxpayers are tired of keeping guys in there forever and they parole board has a big habit of flopping people. He said if they did, it would start next year. Have you guys heard this?

swobby
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't know but it seems that every state that does reduces the violence and over crowding.

swobby
03-18-2011, 11:07 AM
It's hard to do anything here because the monitor is on some power trip. We need to help each other in providing information that will help move the ideas and reform along but when the board is just a game to some one monoplyizing the conversation then it is worthless. As you can see there is hardly and new information on the Montan page.Some of it is interialy irrelevent it is so old.

sidewalker
04-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Im in CA, and they also have mandatory parole for inmates. (it depends tho on when they were sentenced etc........)
but as I understand it, everyone who leaves prison in CA is on parole for (dont quote me on the times cause Im not sure, we are not there yet) 3 or 4 yrs.
It has NOT reduced violence nor has it reduced over crowding. In fact, I would venture a guess that this has in fact INCREASED the number of inmates going back in on a parole violation.
Even if you serve your entire term in CA, you get parole. Period.

swobby
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
It would be helpful to all of us pushing for prison reform if there was some place to go to get some truth. The prisons are interested in keeping the prisons full so they get more money. The guilty want out becasue they don't want to pay the price for their sins. The bully's want the power trip to keep people in forever.