View Full Version : Been approved for parole but case worker wont help...What to do?

aprilp
04-09-2010, 10:38 AM
So here are the details, hopefully someone can give me some advice or stories or anything!!!
My boyfriend was approved for parole release as of Feb 2010. (i think the 3 but not sure) Anyway he was approved for a long term program, ok fine. I know they have waiting lists and such. He has written and I have called and gotten as much info as possible, but they all say his caseworker needs to call and do a phone interview.His caseworker first kept telling him the same thing, that he needed to look into stuff (?) for about 1month. He then refused to see him. Told him he had to leave his office, didnt have time for him etc. So my BF went to another unit and had the caseworker ther help him out. He got all his med and psych papers sent to a program and was ready for an interview, but now the person he was working with left. I have tried calling and leaving messages with Norfolk, but they dont return call. Completely unresponsive. His caseworker will not see him and says he will write parole and tell them my BF refused parole, because he decided to go to another unit for help. I know these workers have more than one person to help, but he doesnt seem to be doing anything but threatening. And if he cant go thru his worker what now??I am working on his behalf, but he needs an advocate that actually knows the system. At the very least is there a way to file a complaint so they will at least look into it?Maybe Im way off but there has to be a way to find out some kind of info, but i cant find it.The one time I got ahold of someone, she said he needs to talk to his worker!!! AAAHHHHH please please any suggestions?

parole_help_123
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
So here are the details, hopefully someone can give me some advice or stories or anything!!!
My boyfriend was approved for parole release as of Feb 2010. (i think the 3 but not sure) Anyway he was approved for a long term program, ok fine. I know they have waiting lists and such. He has written and I have called and gotten as much info as possible, but they all say his caseworker needs to call and do a phone interview.His caseworker first kept telling him the same thing, that he needed to look into stuff (?) for about 1month. He then refused to see him. Told him he had to leave his office, didnt have time for him etc. So my BF went to another unit and had the caseworker ther help him out. He got all his med and psych papers sent to a program and was ready for an interview, but now the person he was working with left. I have tried calling and leaving messages with Norfolk, but they dont return call. Completely unresponsive. His caseworker will not see him and says he will write parole and tell them my BF refused parole, because he decided to go to another unit for help. I know these workers have more than one person to help, but he doesnt seem to be doing anything but threatening. And if he cant go thru his worker what now??I am working on his behalf, but he needs an advocate that actually knows the system. At the very least is there a way to file a complaint so they will at least look into it?Maybe Im way off but there has to be a way to find out some kind of info, but i cant find it.The one time I got ahold of someone, she said he needs to talk to his worker!!! AAAHHHHH please please any suggestions?

Hi there, your situation sounds very frustrating. :angry: I am a a field PO and try to shed some light on some Mass parole issues. MCI-Norfolk is one of the biggest camps and is very busy. Why don't you PM me with more detailed info about him and I'll look into it. Also: does he need acceptance into a certain LTRT, or any such one in the state?

Hang in there. It'll work out somehow. Things always work out.:)