View Full Version : My boyfriend just got transferred to Middleton Unit TX Prison

Dallas214
04-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Hello, I am new to this but I've read a couple of forums and they seem very helpful. I do have a couple questions though.

My boyfriend just got transferred to Middleton from Dallas county on March 23rd. I have not heard anything about him. I've been hearing that he cannot write or receive any letters until he is fully processed (which I know can take up to 45 days) but I called up there and they told me that he could. I'm confused?!?!

I also put in money to his debit account so he can call me but I'm really not sure how that works. Can anyone help?

IrishAngel518
04-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Hello Dallas214. My boyfriend was transferred from Dallas County Jail to Middleton on March 25. I've already received a letter from him, and I sent him one by mail about a week ago. I sent him a letter through JPay the second day he was in Middleton and he recieved it. As far as the phone calls go, I don't know how accurate it is, but what I've read on the offender handbook is they can't make phone calls the first 90 days...I hope I've been somewhat helpful.

Dallas214
04-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Omg really? I'm a little worried now. I thought it was kinda funny that he hasn't tried to write. If I don't get anything by Monday I will call Middleton again to see what's going on. Thanks for the reply that was very helpful :)

IrishAngel518
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Here's the address if you want to write...

Inmate Name, TDCJ #
Middleton Unit
13055 F.M. 3522
Abilene, TX 79601

Dallas214
04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks, I actually got a letter from him today so I'm much relieved :))

Dlila
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks, I actually got a letter from him today so I'm much relieved :))
My son is in Middleton and I got to go and see him about 1 month ago. I think I will have a contact visit next time. I haven't hugged him in over 6 months. But I will now. There is a very nice hospitality house across from the prison that is free to stay and free food.

ABILENE
Eunice Chambless Hospitality House
For Reservations Contact:
13378 FM 3522
Abilene, Texas 79601
(325) 548-2180

This is a nice place and christian based. You can check it out on-line.
I hope things go well for you and your boyfriend. :rolleyes:

txfreedom
05-19-2010, 10:46 AM
When you first arrive, you have nothing basically. What little you bring from County (especially a check) can take approx 30 days to clear. Phones literally went in while I was on the unit. The J-pay same day e-mail service is great and letters (pages) are delivered with the evening mail. Usually the same day that loved ones send them. Your men can put in for Indigent Mailing supplies thru the law library and should be able to shoot you a letter within a week; unless they can bum a stamp, envelope and paper in which case you could get one right away. A word to anyone who just had someone catch chain: there will be several days of you not hearing from them probably due to the getting settled and waiting on your money to hit / go to commissary / get indigent supplies / get your TDCJ number. The system moves very slowly on the inside. The phones are a blessing and a curse. But get signed up as soon as you're able thru OTIS, make sure he sends you commissary deposit slips too. Kinda like a checking deposit slip but for their commissary accounts. As always hit me up with specific questions. Most of my time was spent on the Mighty Middleton!! good luck!

tama1961
05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Hello, I am new to this but I've read a couple of forums and they seem very helpful. I do have a couple questions though.

My boyfriend just got transferred to Middleton from Dallas county on March 23rd. I have not heard anything about him. I've been hearing that he cannot write or receive any letters until he is fully processed (which I know can take up to 45 days) but I called up there and they told me that he could. I'm confused?!?!

I also put in money to his debit account so he can call me but I'm really not sure how that works. Can anyone help?

Yea it's a intake unit, my son was there about a month before I heard from him. He was there for 3 months and then was sent to a transfer unit and now he is at a private pre-release unit. TDCJ is very confusing! I think your best bet is to call the unit back again and again until you find out something. I went so far as contacting the govenor because I wasn't hearing from my son. I got quick results.
I'm not sure about the phone debit issue. I use a third billing phone CO. for his calls. CBS= Correctional Billing Services

paulsgirl71
05-27-2010, 12:38 PM

call me at 325-320-9699 and I can explain it to you....there is tooo much detail how that all works. My boyfriend is there now and he writes every week. He got there after your man; so Im sure that he should already be able to recieve and write mail.

Pauls Girl

farminpeas
06-07-2010, 08:49 AM
call me at 325-320-9699 and I can explain it to you....there is tooo much detail how that all works. My boyfriend is there now and he writes every week. He got there after your man; so Im sure that he should already be able to recieve and write mail.

Pauls Girl

You're very helpful and I appreciate it. I've got a family friend at Middleton (as of June 1) and I might be calling you myself if it's okay with you!

Thank you!

Priscilla