View Full Version : Need a little help about a sentencing

stacyb
04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
my husband was on probation for 2 yrs active that is well he caught another charge while he was on it. he has been to trial for that and they gave him a 10yr sentence 5 suspended and 5 active probation but he has to serve a 2 yr sentence anyway he has been incarcerated sine sept 2009 and remains in jail of course well yesterday he had a hearing on a probatiom revocation and the judge sais 1 yr consecutive and 1 year flat so my question is does he have to wait for the first sentence to end which should be in july then add 1 more year from july 2010 to july 2011? i know this may seem confusing but i am as well if u have any statue info on this i would greatly appreciate it to me they should have run his probation in with his current sentence but they did not its like they doubled sentenced him please help me understand

stacyb
04-08-2010, 07:44 AM
can anyone answer my question?????:(

LifeTraveler
04-08-2010, 03:23 PM
can anyone answer my question?????:(

I'll see what I can find out for you.

bossctymtd
05-01-2010, 10:49 AM
my husband was on probation for 2 yrs active that is well he caught another charge while he was on it. he has been to trial for that and they gave him a 10yr sentence 5 suspended and 5 active probation but he has to serve a 2 yr sentence anyway he has been incarcerated sine sept 2009 and remains in jail of course well yesterday he had a hearing on a probatiom revocation and the judge sais 1 yr consecutive and 1 year flat so my question is does he have to wait for the first sentence to end which should be in july then add 1 more year from july 2010 to july 2011? i know this may seem confusing but i am as well if u have any statue info on this i would greatly appreciate it to me they should have run his probation in with his current sentence but they did not its like they doubled sentenced him please help me understand

okay to start off on a reg. year you do 5 months and 10 days in Louisiana.
if the judge said a year consecutive, that means that the year flat and the reg year, aka the 5 months and 2 weeks, is a seperate sentence from that of the 12 months. so go back to the day when your husband was incarcerated, and add 17 months and 10 days, that's his release date.