View Full Version : Why does it take so long for DOC to calculate someones time?

stacyb
04-07-2010, 09:14 AM
my husband was sentenced in feb 2010 i keep calling that dam number and it keeps telling me time has not been calculated does anyone know how long it usually takes through the phone system to calculate someones time?

LifeTraveler
04-07-2010, 04:29 PM
my husband was sentenced in feb 2010 i keep calling that dam number and it keeps telling me time has not been calculated does anyone know how long it usually takes through the phone system to calculate someones time?

It's hard to say. Louisiana has so many inmates to process that it could take some time. You may want to get your husband to write to classification to get his master prison record. They won't release it to you, but they will release it to him.

chi2texas
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm in the same boat as you.....Did they calculate your husband's time yet?

robbysmom
04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
I didn't know there was a telephone number you could call for release dates. Can you share that phone number with us, please?
Thanks, Kat

chi2texas
04-27-2010, 12:03 AM
I didn't know there was a telephone number you could call for release dates. Can you share that phone number with us, please?
Thanks, Kat

It's 225-383-4580, it's automated you just need the doc# or dob

KandiB
04-27-2010, 07:15 PM
It's hard to say. Louisiana has so many inmates to process that it could take some time. You may want to get your husband to write to classification to get his master prison record. They won't release it to you, but they will release it to him.
do you know the address for this in Baton Rouge?

chi2texas
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
do you know the address for this in Baton Rouge?
If you look up Louisiana Department of Corrections online and click on contact us it has a list of all the facilities and their addresses. I called headquarters and they said it typically takes 18 weeks from sentencing to get time calculated.

KandiB
05-12-2010, 07:10 AM
My fiance was arrested Feb.17. he got his rap sheet the first week of May. I've heard it usually takes 3 months.

scorpiolover28
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
We are still waiting for my fiances, too. He revoked his parole in April and we still haven't heard anything yet. His lawyer said it would be half his parole time, so we are thinking 13 months. I just need to know!!!

chi2texas
07-09-2010, 09:48 AM
We are still waiting for my fiances, too. He revoked his parole in April and we still haven't heard anything yet. His lawyer said it would be half his parole time, so we are thinking 13 months. I just need to know!!!

At one point I called up there and they said it takes 18 weeks!! The waiting sucks, but hang in there!!

LifeTraveler
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
It is what it is with the Louisiana DOC. They don't rush to do anything.

time4change
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I look too deep into things. Thanks to this post I called the number and found out my husbands earliest release date will be 12/5/2011. What does "Earliest mean" Anyway I suppose he got the 35/30 since his sentence began on August 2, 2011 for 3 years.

LifeTraveler
09-27-2010, 03:25 AM
I look too deep into things. Thanks to this post I called the number and found out my husbands earliest release date will be 12/5/2011. What does "Earliest mean" Anyway I suppose he got the 35/30 since his sentence began on August 2, 2011 for 3 years.

That means he won't get out any time before 12/5/2011.

time4change
09-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I have been so buisy and I have put a very important call on hold until tomorrow. My husband has been reccomended by 2 DOC chaplans to be transfered to a DOC facility that offers approved Substance abuse, Education, and various other programs which do reduce his sentence according to what he is able to complete. If you are saying that even though the "earliest release date" is 1/2 of his origional sentence then should I even make the call? I thought that he would receive the 35/30 at the end of his sentence? Please let me know asap so I can prepare. Thank you!

LifeTraveler
10-01-2010, 04:41 AM
I have been so buisy and I have put a very important call on hold until tomorrow. My husband has been reccomended by 2 DOC chaplans to be transfered to a DOC facility that offers approved Substance abuse, Education, and various other programs which do reduce his sentence according to what he is able to complete. If you are saying that even though the "earliest release date" is 1/2 of his origional sentence then should I even make the call? I thought that he would receive the 35/30 at the end of his sentence? Please let me know asap so I can prepare. Thank you!

Honestly speaking, I'm not sure about that, and maybe that's why he hasn't gotten his rap sheet yet. I do know that those inmates that have the new good time law applied to them have been getting revised rap sheets.

I WOULD highly recommend that if you can get your husband out of the facility that he is currently located in, he will be much better off.

jenny5719
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
MY HUSBAND STARTED HIS TIME JUNE 2, 2010 AND HE JUST GOT HIS RAP SHEET ON OCT. 3, 2010. LA DOC TAKES THEIR TIME AND DOES THEIR JOB AT THEIR OWN CONVIENCE. ITS A PAIN, BUT EVERYONE KEEP YA HEAD UP, MINE WAS GONNA GET HIS SO CALLED CREDIT BUT DIDNT AND HERE IS A POST I SENT TO EXPLAIN:

Hi my name is jenny and my husband is currently doing a 2 yr sentence at jackson parish c.c., for a possesion of cocaine charge, this is his 3rd felony..well to make a long story short, he excepted a plea bargain of 2 yrs hard labor with credit for time served at a drug rehab. This credit for time served was okayed by the district atty, judge, and his lawyer. So he went in june 2, 2010 and he should of been getting out no later than nov 2, 2010..well la d.o.c finally calcualted his time and didnt give him his credit for time served on the rehab becuz they say it wasnt a lock n key facility...wth!!! We were not told from anyone nor did anyone say it had to be a specific rehab, his atty, judge, d.a said any rehab..so thats what we did, now d.o.c. Is saying his earliest release date is jan 24, 2011.. Im confused on this whole deal, this stuff was posted in the newspaper with his name and charge and sentence and it also said they are giving him credit and i have his court mins, and paper from lawyer stating that was the deal but he is d.o.c now and im assuming what d.o.c. Says is what goes...can anyone give me any advice on this cuz i dont know where to turn??????

:(

p.s. Whats this new article that goes into effect 10/15/2010 on early release of some inmates with lessor charges????

LifeTraveler
10-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Hi Jenny and welcome to the Louisiana forum at PTO.

Louisiana is not the easiest state in dealing with the DOC. The first place I would start would be with his attorney. Tell him everything you just said here. That would be a start.

Please come back and let us know how it goes.

MyLoveJones
11-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know if the 18 months would also pertain to calculating good time for classes that they take? My Hubby finished his substance abuse on Oct. 12 and the 120 days has not been calculated. I do agree with previous post. There never seems to be a rush on anythig. Most processes seem to take at least 30 days except when they are taking away good time. That happened to my hubby in 3 days flat. It was done and on the automated system. Go figure.

LifeTraveler
11-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Does anyone know if the 18 months would also pertain to calculating good time for classes that they take? My Hubby finished his substance abuse on Oct. 12 and the 120 days has not been calculated. I do agree with previous post. There never seems to be a rush on anythig. Most processes seem to take at least 30 days except when they are taking away good time. That happened to my hubby in 3 days flat. It was done and on the automated system. Go figure.

What 18 months are you talking about?